Suggestion Add 3 emergency exits to the lobby for solo players

ZERG_msk

Problem: if you get caught (harpoon or climb on the ship), it's the end. They take everything and destroy it to the end (toxicity). And now you have the fear of losing it all over again.

Solution: it is Worth introducing three (at least one) emergency exits per day in the lobby for solo players, even if your ship is being hit, or someone is standing on top, or the ship is on a hook, or in motion. This will solve the problems with zergs and not have to program a lot of game code.

possible limitation:
only for non clan players
only if the player is driving the ship
only if the player does not have a fixed base (for example)
etc

Last edited:

skeygeta

I even don't get why the game doesn't allow people the option to just flee for everyone.

I mean....it's a basic thing even in nature: You choose between fight or flight. Why is there even the limitation of not being able to leave the map when you got hit? When people try to catch and rob you, they have to put some effort into it. If you want to escape, you also have to put effort into it and both sides deserve their reward, when they manage to achieve their aim. So wouldn't it be more fair to simply give people at least the possibility to flee and *maybe* to escape to safety, especially in a game where so many players complain about unbalanced PvP?

At the moment it's like, if larger groups spot you there is more or less *nothing* you can do about it, than watch your stuff being taken and/or your walker being destroyed. But if you manage getting to the map's edge, even under fire or with pirates on your ship you should be rewarded with the possibility to just leave and doing an successful escape. Maybe, in greater clan wars it might be a little annoying when attackers come, attack and try to escape as soon as they seem to loose the battle they started...but I dont think, that would affect them really much for the simple reasons that there are the same conditions for everyone (defenders can also flee if they become attackers in the next battle, defenders can also follow attackers to their oasis).

But it would have much effect for small groups and solos because it would really give them a "tool" to "defend" themselves and their stuff even against larger groups or unbalanced battles. Of course in spite of the possibility to flee you won't always manage to do so...but you should at least be able to try your luck instead of the game forcing you to stay and fight a pointless battle or just watch being destroyed without any real chance to do anything about it. And keep in mind, there are still harpoon shots so attackers still have a real / fair chance to catch their prey before it leaves. The only people who benefit from the "can't leave because you got hit" rule are the people who already have the advantages in battle because of their number, resources and the fact that greater groups recover lost stuff and walkers much faster and easier.

So in my opinion devs should remove the limitation to leave the oasis at the map's edge under certain conditions (walker got damaged recently and stuff) completely and allow leaving as soon as you reach the edge for a successful escape into the desert - if you manage to do so.

TYME2DYE

i have had so many posts about legit fixes for this game - devs don't care - they rather add furniture and new maps for the 1,500 players then fix the game for the 15,000 players

ZERG_msk

All the same, I firmly believe that this method will raise the game online players, I speak for myself, if I had the opportunity to escape from the Zerg, I would play this game, and even go every day. And now you see stupidly that the server is over 50+ and there is no desire to play, because you will still lose everything. I am sure this method will raise online solo players!

TYME2DYE

I keep telling myself i am going to stop replying to LO threads and i am sure someone will sarcastically chime in and say "Then don't" but...

The issue is that you have a grindy MMO style game play which insinuates, if not requires, that you farm the semi rare resources (and quite a lot of it) to unlock the higher tier walkers, make quality weapons, tools and workstations etc. This in itself is fine. They added furniture and accessories to decorate your walker/base also insinuating a MMO style atmosphere. Great.. This game plays as a PVE MMO, though lacking PVE content which is OK for Alpha, due to the focus on fragment, tablets and quality resources, is all great!.

Now when you add the PVP mechanics to this, basically PVE MMO style atmosphere, you get the reactions that have utterly filled the LO forums and...... We all know why.... You spend days/weeks grinding, stockpiling, fabrications your resources to build your prized walker ONLY to have it completely raided and destroyed. Forget the fact of whether or not you should have been alone on your buffalo or on a hard map or whatever. Just simply the fact that all that time, effort and work can be taken from you in a matter of minutes goes completely against the fact that the game forces you to invest so much time and effort to acquiring your prized quality walker.

The fact that when you are attacked, be it be by 5 people or 50, your ability to run away and escape is next to zero. The only choice you have it to fight or sit and watch you weeks worth of effort burn. even it the fight is 3 on 1 you cannot run, no option... People have left this game because of these facts.. So has stayed??? The PVP'er cause they don't want to invest the time to craft quality, they'ed rather steal it - Great that works except, it's way too damn easy (and resource cheap) to steal and completely decimate your victim.

Now, the "PVPers" will argue that "It's a full loot PVP" game and yes, you are 100% correct except that this is a PVE MMO game that was made full loot PVP. You cannot have it both ways and as is reflected by the populations of the game currently...

So, How do you fix this?? 2 ways.. and i'll be short cause i am tired of saying this cause I amnd many others have done so many times over and... Dev's don't seem to care

1. As people and myself have voiced: Give people way to escape - make it more costly to crack a hull and further more costly to zero a ship - Risk vs Reward - Will the aggressor risk his resources to crack a ship only to find it is empty?? or possible full of goodies? Make the PVPers work and earn their loot. Right now, it's like taking candy from a baby.

2. Remove the grind: What i mean is if something is easy to acquire then people don't mind losing it. People are butt hurt about losing items that took day/weeks to acquire, remove the grind requirement. People will be more ept to fight when the game is actually centered around fighting and not grinding. Remove quality - It does next to nothing for the item other then increase its durability and for a walker, adds module slots. Quality ship is more of a "status symbol" than anything else OR actually make quality worth something like the higher the quality ship the more HP (IDK.. maybe???) - Remove the ability to zero a ship/workstations: yeah it sucks to lose your mats but if you at least have your ship and stations you have a foundation to rebuild from, all is not lost.. when your ship is zeroed, well.. all is lost.. WTF after weeks and work does anyone want to start all over again only to get zeroed once more??? not fun....

I don't want to hear "Keep your quality and precious stuff in the lobby" Well then, why the hell am i playing a game where i cannot use the good stuff i made/built? Thats stupid. Hoard the good shit offline and just brag about it to your friends??? - Not fun.... and it becomes pointless to obtain anything of value.. or perceived value.. then remind me why are we playing the game?? Oh to PVP.. but for what? the Q0 bone sword and baskwood i am already wearing that you are wearing too???? You know, since all your "good" resources are in the lobby...

3. I am going to through this one in here too as a 3rd... Make 3 factions of nomads. IDK call them Red, Green and Blue. Everyone has to join a faction and you can create your clans inside the faction. Now what this does is create a sort of alliance of the clans of the same faction so, if a clan in Blue faction is attacking some farmers of Red faction they can alert "faction chat" and the PVPers of the various clans of Red faction can come together to defend fellow Red faction members and kick some blue faction butt.. Also, Red faction will not attack fellow Red faction cause they are on the same side so to speak.. Give farmers the ability to farm and PVP'ers the incentive to seek out the other factions farmers. Now what about Green faction? Well if Red and Blue are at war Green can ally with Red or Blue or neither and chose to attack both factions, 1 faction or neither.. The addition of a 3rd faction prevents 1 faction from getting to large because the other 2 factions will join together under a truce to fight the common enemy. it creates an ever changing dynamic that become hard to predict.

Instead of Red, Green and Blue they can be called Highlands Nomad, Lowlands Nomads and Independent (Neutral) Nomads. Devs can create a Lore around the the factions which can create a inert conflict between the Highlands and the Lowlands while keeping the Independents in a Neutral state to decide if they want to support one or the other (or neither) factions ..

Bottom line here is 80% or more of the threads in the LO forums complain about the same things and many many people have offered many suggestions to make the game better and bring people back but, until Devs realize the error of their ways, this game is doomed to die..

Most if not all clans are actually small, under 12 members, usually friends ands gaming buddies- Due to games PVP mechanics clans were forced to consolidate and grow large to survive forcing other clans to do the same. Clans formed "Alliance Clans" and "Settler Clans" and even Non Aggression pacts with other clans in an effort to fend off the ever growing large/so called zergs.

Those who enjoy the more PVE/farmer side of the game have left. Only the PVP'ers remain and are now forced to PVP other PVP clans and their allies - no new "content" AKA farmers are left to create the high quality mats and whatever is currently existing within each of the PVP clans will just get traded back and forth between those clans as they win/lose fights till the pvpers get tired of the same old same old routine fueled by the reduction in players and the consolidation of servers pushing clans closer and closer together. Even if the PVP clan wanted to farm new resources they can't because they will be attacked and therefore back into a fight where one side will lose what they brought. Basically more quality 0 bone swords and baskwood.

Which, i feel, is where we are now.. Numbers are 1500 plyers +/- a few hundred - How many are now on Private servers??? AND i am not even touching on the Chinese issue, Zerg issue or the prolific cheats like ESP.

One of the best and unique games i have ever played with the absolute worst implementations i have ever experienced. Devs should take a long hard look at other MMO's to see what works and doesn't work.

I think you should be able to run off the edge of the map into the lobby. If the enemy is unable to disable your wings or your legs, or possibly kill the driver, then it should be over. All the good materials and loot are in the green area of the map, and it's a long run from there to the edge of the map. So if they can't disable you before you make it to the edge, then you deserve to escape.

I would make an exception to the rule, however. If two or more people are on the walker when it gets tagged, then the good old five minute rule kicks in and it can't just run off the edge of the map before the timer runs out. This way, the solos can escape and war walkers full of combatants still have a 5 minute wait before they can exit to the lobby. The only thing that changes is that solos are afforded a little extra zerg protection.

I know that the devs don't read this forum. It is obvious by now. But I thought I would throw this idea out there all the same.

Jeon

Problem: if you get caught (harpoon or climb on the ship), it's the end. They take everything and destroy it to the end (toxicity). And now you have the fear of losing it all over again.

Solution: it is Worth introducing three (at least one) emergency exits per day in the lobby for solo players, even if your ship is being hit, or someone is standing on top, or the ship is on a hook, or in motion. This will solve the problems with zergs and not have to program a lot of game code.

possible limitation:
only for non clan players
only if the player is driving the ship
only if the player does not have a fixed base (for example)
etc
your post doesn't make sense, but i understand what you mean, and as skeygeta suggested, it would just be better that battle tag, didn't stop walkers from leaving an oasis. But if you're being harpooned, if you're being actively raided, dude just surrender. If you don't like the mechanic of being boarded and losing all your stuff, just consider not playing this game, which is all focused and centered about that very mechanic.

TYME2DYE

If you don't like the mechanic of being boarded and losing all your stuff, just consider not playing this game, which is all focused and centered about that very mechanic.
The concept is good but the implementation is broken but... Gratz, 30,000+ people took your advice. 1120 currently left in game. Statements like that make me laugh, rather than fixing the mechanic which clearly is broken in the sense that victims have little to chance to survive, you rather leave it as is cause it suits you and tell everyone else "Don't play". That's great, you and the other thousand people can enjoy playing together on the dozen remaining servers.

Donkey Crew are idiots if they are willing to keep a broken mechanic that suites 1% of the population rather than fixing the issue and making it more balanced to accommodate 99% of the population

TYME2DYE

All I know is they need to start throwing some bones to the solos and small groups soon, otherwise all of DK's talk about indoor elephants is just hot air.
Totally agree but here is how misguided DC really is, and i quote
https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vRoNPbrNzoY6f9pOKiBDZNjLB_nX76I_4kDVdum0lkB7NS7b2j2CEdnFoWHMWUFg0NrohW6kh5xP0x7/pub
June 19th, 2020, Questions from the first Community Devlog

"Large clans enjoy fighting each other or hunting solos, while solos are bored and end up either joining those clans or getting hunted until they quit"
Really? Evidently they do not read the forums.. Cause my clan sure as hell didn't join a larger clan cause we were bored... We did it to try and survive.

Most of their answers to community questions were "we have lots of plans" - "We have some idea's" - uhm.. like what??

I mean i it not like they put out a shit game right? They have a great game but are shooting themselves in the foot here..

Jeon

All I know is they need to start throwing some bones to the solos and small groups soon, otherwise all of DK's talk about indoor elephants is just hot air.
imho solo players and small groups should push asking for an alliance system instead of whining. nobody will ever give them the godly balance they ask, it's simply silly. They have all the means to enjoy this game, it's up to them; if they want to be sociopaths DK can't do much to help them in a massive multiplayer survival game centered on clan pvp.

RexMundi

I wouldn't have an issue with Escape if you make it to an escape zone .......being Pinned on that zone by one squeeker kid that's good with a grapple and armed with a beat stick is tiresome. He doesn't even have to actually whack something (though he will just spider monkey around ad nauseum to keep the timer reset) he can just stand on the boat or hang under it indefinitely. Also trying to figure out how folks can read the description of the game that plainly states what it's about then come up with the "It's Centered on PvP" .....I do not think that description reads that way at all..... and judging by what's been leaking into the game it does look like they want a complete game not just Unreal Tournament 4 the Sandy Edition ..... For Early Access the last couple of updates were pretty good. Now I just need a Walker Climber that Explodes for 500 or so as soon as it's hit a few times.

~R

VWithnail

The point people are making about PVP isn't that there is nothing else - it's that there is nothing OUTSIDE of the realm of PVP. Including PVE, basebuilding, crafting etc. Everything can be and often is influenced and impacted by PVP, because that's the kind of game it is. When people say the game is centered on PVP : that's what they mean. PVP = everywhere. Everything is PVP, nothing falls outside the scope of it.

Jeon

I wouldn't have an issue with Escape if you make it to an escape zone .......being Pinned on that zone by one squeeker kid that's good with a grapple and armed with a beat stick is tiresome. He doesn't even have to actually whack something (though he will just spider monkey around ad nauseum to keep the timer reset) he can just stand on the boat or hang under it indefinitely. Also trying to figure out how folks can read the description of the game that plainly states what it's about then come up with the "It's Centered on PvP" .....I do not think that description reads that way at all..... and judging by what's been leaking into the game it does look like they want a complete game not just Unreal Tournament 4 the Sandy Edition ..... For Early Access the last couple of updates were pretty good. Now I just need a Walker Climber that Explodes for 500 or so as soon as it's hit a few times.

~R
Whenever you launch Last Oasis pay attention to the background, it represent a solo player on a hill, watching with hope the horizon to the east, with all the treasure he hoarded in the past months on the other side, with a dozen of his walkers perfectly parked at his feet, nobody else on the scene, no violence, just contemplation.

RexMundi

The point people are making about PVP isn't that there is nothing else - it's that there is nothing OUTSIDE of the realm of PVP. Including PVE, basebuilding, crafting etc. Everything can be and often is influenced and impacted by PVP, because that's the kind of game it is. When people say the game is centered on PVP : that's what they mean. PVP = everywhere. Everything is PVP, nothing falls outside the scope of it.
I don't deny that. I don't even have a problem with the PvP, what I have a problem with, is that it is weighted to the side of kids with good twitch reflexes a stick and a swingline. Not the guy that spent months learning a tech try outfitting in the best gear possible, with a group of friends and well stacked bases and walkers. Look at the world and ask, who wins this fight, 10 naked guys with sticks or the 4 guys on a tank with guns. It gets Tiresome. NOW, that being said when someone shows up to PvP that has some skin in the game too that's entertaining for me, but having to kill the same respawning naked or group of nakeds that can pin my walker to the map with one beatstick hit, is getting old. Some of the new stuff that has been leaking in is good for helping with that, but in the end what do YOU get for your investment, hours of wasted time days of wasted resource hauling, building and tablet runs so that you can rebuild 2/3rds or more of it again, and all you got out of the deal was maybe a beat stick from the first 23 times you killed the naked before the rest of his clan finally came over in 40 dinghy's after answering the ESP call outs or discord alarms to zero out All your stuff while carefully making sure they don't actually kill your character so you can watch them break everything breakable.

Escape, should be just as easy, if one is not going to make stuff to mitigate that. Even something as simple as incorporating it into the Fortress Modules to make them actually useful would be nice.

VWithnail

I don't understand the example you've laid out though. Doubtless - naked rushing is a problem and one that is gradually being dealt with (I agree, they need to be more on top of it) - but if you've killed someone 23 times while they're running at you with a beatstick : why are you still there at all?!

If your base is out and on a timer : leave it, you know what's coming.
If you have a walker : you can outpace 90% of players even in the trees after your first kill, and for the others - you just kill them again then get to the sand.
If the naked already knows where you are : why would anyone need an ESP call-out?

It sounds like complaining born of frustration, where you're aggregating all your complaints. Is that right?

What I have a problem with, is that it is weighted to the side of kids with good twitch reflexes a stick and a swingline. Not the guy that spent months learning a tech try outfitting in the best gear possible, with a group of friends and well stacked bases and walkers.
Welcome to the pvp of EVERY skill based game when you're older than 30... :)

DeadNutZ

Whenever you launch Last Oasis pay attention to the background, it represent a solo player on a hill, watching with hope the horizon to the east, with all the treasure he hoarded in the past months on the other side, with a dozen of his walkers perfectly parked at his feet, nobody else on the scene, no violence, just contemplation.
Yeah tell that to every keyboard warrior... they'll just laugh at you. i'll be say something like"hey guys i'm here to farm", then they'll ask,"where are youat". i'll say " i'm over in this aarea", next thing i know 2 ships pull up and gank my @55. do you really think i was born last night?

Magnus Lefou

I don't think it's a good idea to have some free instant escape in a survival game. You must always have the risk of losing your stuff in this type of game and if you plan to play alone, you must face the danger of getting outnumbered. This type of game is meant to be play in groups but it lacks tools to connect people.

I see a lot of people complaining of getting their walker zeroed while it is written in the game itself that destroying walker (hull at 0) shouldn't be worth and people that are zeroing walker should be people that have some hate against you. However the problem was that there were players destroying walkers because they have tons of unuse fire arrow and nothing else to do with and also nothing else worth their time to do due to lack of content. This kind of game require a very strong balance between construction and destruction. When I was at tier 1-2 technologies without modules on my walker, it was very easy to come back after getting raided, that means construction/destruction is balanced but when i reached tier 3-5 technologies with modules on my walker, the construction time is really really really higher and is too long compared to the destruction time that doesn't change which make the game unbalanced. What does it means ? It means you have to spend bunch of time to get technologies that you can't enjoy which causes tons of frustration. For a lot of players, the game ends at tier 1-2 and tier 3-5 is not worth playing the game, so they leave.

For me, a good starting solution would be to add solid-type HP to hull when you make the ceramic (tier 3) solidity technology and so to add a lot more when you make the iron (tier 4) solidity technology. We could also add extra solid-HP to hull (if at least tier 3 upgrade) for each hull quality level. You should need the same tier weapons to destroy the same tier constructions/upgrades. In addition, decrease time (directly and/or by making the crafting module working on furnace and advanced furnace) to craft iron ingots without less rupu gel cost and increase the transformation yield from iron ores to iron ingots.

To end, for those who are complaining about the devs that are not reading suggestions, for sure we have no proof they read them because they never answer but it is not because they don't make every of your suggestions come true in the game that means they don't read you. First of all because they physically couldn't make all those changes that fast even if they would want it and second because there are a lot a suggestions that are not viable and don't fit for nor the current state of the game, nor their future plans.

Last edited:
Free instant escapes is game breaking haha.
Maybe give the player 1 escape facilitating item that cannot be crafted in-game, to give new players a single freebie.

Otherwise I think all the gripes would be answered by a faction system similar to EVE, complete with "flotilla tiles" and gradients of pvp similar to high/low sec in EVE.