Suggestion Add insurance for ships and make tablets a usable item that binds with the character

Donkey crew likes the sistem on EVE where people self regulate, it could be cool if they copy the insurance system present there:

Insurance could be a subscription to the game (to generate revenue to DC) or pure flots (give a decent use for it), that give you tokens to mark one to the five ships on the favorite menu on the ship selection menu. it should have a duration time like 1 month each token, every time you want you could update the content on the ship (upgrades new placements or crafting tables), the game take a snapshot of the ship and its crafting tables or base inside of it. if the ship is zeroed or if you wish, you could make it respawn in the menu, with increasing respawn timers, resetting every day or week.
respawned ships wield no mats when breaking down its parts or stations, so players cant dupe items this way, and crafting stations cant be taken off the ship and placed elsewere.

the second point is about tablets. its a big wall for small guilds or solo players to be able to get to those last upgrades, and losing the tablets you are amounting is a big hit.
make the tablet and fragments a usable item, those items would give the characters points to spend later, since its a character tech tree It would make sense. if the person want to farm to someone else, they still need to keep the tablets in the item form, but if they are gathering for themselves they can use it.

with those two changes i belive a lot of people would come back. they will still lose items, but people would be more confident in using their walkers instead of letting them gather sand in the lobby, it would also give space for the small player to grown. and people wont have to start from total zero every time. they will still need to gather materials for equipment. but at least will be able to recover the walker and crafting tables with time.

Sarmi

I like the idea of being able to put tablets toward the higher cost upgrades a little bit at a time instead of all at once in order to "save" them.

Also, I like the idea of Insurance, but it should probably only keep the Walker itself + any modules installed on it. The items on the deck, things in the hold, etc. need to go away otherwise it's a soft version of duping. If someone loots the boxes on the deck, you shouldn't respawn with those items.

I like the idea of being able to put tablets toward the higher cost upgrades a little bit at a time instead of all at once in order to "save" them.

Also, I like the idea of Insurance, but it should probably only keep the Walker itself + any modules installed on it. The items on the deck, things in the hold, etc. need to go away otherwise it's a soft version of duping. If someone loots the boxes on the deck, you shouldn't respawn with those items.
no items duplicated, just crafting stations

Sarmi

The problem with Crafting Stations being insured, is that when someone breaks a crafting station, it drops half of the Quality materials required to build it. This system could be abused to get quality materials by breaking your own crafting stations, then zeroing your boat to get the stations back. If a way around this was figured out, sure, insure the stations too!

The problem with Crafting Stations being insured, is that when someone breaks a crafting station, it drops half of the Quality materials required to build it. This system could be abused to get quality materials by breaking your own crafting stations, then zeroing your boat to get the stations back. If a way around this was figured out, sure, insure the stations too!
respawned ships wield no mats when breaking down its parts or stations,