Suggestion Disable Grappling Players

DwayneJohnson

Can you guys disable the grappling players function. Doesn't really add anything interesting and makes fighting outnumbered even harder than it already is.

VWithnail

To be honest - I feel like it's pretty balanced. Good players whilst fighting outnumbered will stay near trees/rocks/wings and other things to get them off the ground so they can outmaneuver the larger team. The mobility is still there, but only if you're strict with your positioning. In order to outplay the larger team you have to outskill them as a team or be ready to instantly get out of dodge if you're solo. Given the near unlimited mobility afforded to players re: grapples and wingsuits - the playergrappling acts as a counter to gankers/PKers who get overconfident and lose track of their own positioning.

It does mean that if someone is in the middle of the sand dunes on a medium map that you're going to find it impossible to get away if you run out on foot to them - but tbh at that point, they've done what they need to to make it so that anyone not attacking them with a ship is committing suicide.

Weirdpete

I dunno
The Idea of having a grappling attack to stun enemies seems fine, but I think it does still have some balance issues.
You always have a grappling hook, even if you die.
It takes no durability from use
It's comparatively rapid fire compared to other weapons.
So, even as I use it, I think it should be either rebalanced or replaced in a combat sense.

SupIAmSUP

It's cheese now and the game won't be taken seriously by people because of it (And some other things too). And it is a problem when all you need is a three people constantly grappling someone to keep them immobile. Really all it needs is a cooldown that isn't too short for when it's used on players.

DwayneJohnson

To be honest - I feel like it's pretty balanced. Good players whilst fighting outnumbered will stay near trees/rocks/wings and other things to get them off the ground so they can outmaneuver the larger team. The mobility is still there, but only if you're strict with your positioning. In order to outplay the larger team you have to outskill them as a team or be ready to instantly get out of dodge if you're solo. Given the near unlimited mobility afforded to players re: grapples and wingsuits - the playergrappling acts as a counter to gankers/PKers who get overconfident and lose track of their own positioning.

It does mean that if someone is in the middle of the sand dunes on a medium map that you're going to find it impossible to get away if you run out on foot to them - but tbh at that point, they've done what they need to to make it so that anyone not attacking them with a ship is committing suicide.
I understand what you're sayin but If you need to catch somebody grappling away from your group you can just chase him down with a grapple, you shouldn't need an infinite slow. To me it just makes mobility a useless stat and dumbs down the combat quite a bit. Yeah we can grapple away but we should be able to maneuver on the ground without being spammed.

WarCat

Grappling hook this is the thing that makes the battle against several opponents real. Just because you can finish off the wounded without having them leave. If this does not happen, a fight even 1 against 2 will be impossible, because the wounded will run back and use the bandage.

Jeon

Grapple the ground far away and reel in while jumping, can often save you from enemy grapples.

Bankaru

Grappling hook this is the thing that makes the battle against several opponents real. Just because you can finish off the wounded without having them leave. If this does not happen, a fight even 1 against 2 will be impossible, because the wounded will run back and use the bandage.
As it is, even if you're grappling the fleeing person, the second person fighting you can also grapple you, canceling your action out, right? You just have to hope that the other person isn't aware that you can do something weird like shoot a person with a grappling hook and temporarily slow them down.

A possible player solution: Invest points into mobility so you can catch up to the fleeing person.
A possible technical solution: Make the bandages take a longer time to use and/or have a longer cooldown.

Bankaru

Grapple the ground far away and reel in while jumping, can often save you from enemy grapples.
That is a good tip for the time being. Thank you.

However, I think we can all admit that the idea of rapidly jumping up and down with your hand in the air, shooting a grappling hook at the ground, and going forward without moving your feet like Gumby is completely absurd. It looks ridiculous to watch and feels ridiculous to play.

So, our present solution to being repeatedly shot with an infinite grappling hook is even stranger than the action that it's trying to solve. I still say get rid of it!

Weirdpete

A LOT of the secondary weapons would see use if they didn't take up the same hand slot as your main weapon.
Throwing nets, grenades, and the hypothetical bolas should be usable in the left hand.