Feedback Every fight win becomes a grind to raid the base

pashen

Could you have a single argument to counter what is wrong with any idea I talked about? And why suggestions to fix some aspects of the game are bad? What I see from you is shutting down opinions on this forum - you are no help, you are toxic no helping developing any discussions.

Give me a single proper argument to talk through, or leave the discussion please :)

ZtyX

I did. Your ideas don't help with the main problem of the game. Some of your ideas actually make it worse like this one.

Your ideas are terrible and you should focus instead on solving the problem of getting back 30.000 people to this game and solve why they quit.

It may be boring to loot a big Base or look for pvp and not finding anyone. Well... the ultimate boredom is empty dead game with a bunch of toxic people who only want pvp for the sake of pvp.

That kills the game.

pashen

I did. Your ideas don't help with the main problem of the game. Some of your ideas actually make it worse like this one.

Your ideas are terrible and you should focus instead on solving the problem of getting back 30.000 people to this game and solve why they quit.

It may be boring to loot a big Base or look for pvp and not finding anyone. Well... the ultimate boredom is empty dead game with a bunch of toxic people who only want pvp for the sake of pvp.

That kills the game.
“Your ideas are terrible” is not an argument.

You say “this idea” makes it worse.

I dont give an “idea” in this thread, I have a feedback on boring mechanics and a discussion of possible solutions.

Man, I am sorry to see it, but you are toxic, don’t add arguments and are completely out of discussion.

Talking about 30.000 people. Why should we focus on that? Why other suggestions to improve the game are not welcome? Who are you to decide and why you are so toxic towards anyone who has other idea of the game than you and your PvE vision?

I dont think focusing on returning 30k is a good idea. A good idea is to find niche players and develop best aspects of the game to keep them in EA.

Having queues, long PvBs, unfair fights 20v50 is what makes many people quit the game. I suggest something to fix it, you add nothing to discussion.

Jeon

I know the feel Pashen, I'm in Uganda just by a month and this has happened plenty of times, but again, mega clans have their own issues, the issue discussed here is not very important as for now; because helping mega clans have a briefer experience during raid would dramatically alter the whole game, making it way way harder for any non-mega to protect their stuff. I must say though that some of the mega bases we raided were hell fun to open, with hidden passages, well placed rupu turrets, very narrow passages. Even with little to no resistance from the enemy. The only thing that I guess could improve this situation for us all would be having really reserved slots for owners, so that doesn't matter how many enemies come at the raid, the defendant have still an appropriate number of slots to spawn in few war walkers and soldiers. This because the best raids (imho) are those where you're opening chest inside the base while still fighting melee with the owners.

VWithnail

Might be an idea to give a relatively expensive tool to infantry for breaking boxes, but not walls. I've no idea how you'd balance the cost involved but it would have to be something worth losing, probably involving iron?

[edit] - Not sure about it though, tbh. Having to risk a walker to make breaking bases easy/cost efficient enough to be worth it is kind of the point atm I think.

TYME2DYE

Hmm.. farmers and solo/small groups want it harder to zero a ship and want some way to escape an attack, they want a more even balance to pvp -
The pvp/pirates/raiders/gankers/griefers etc. call them whiners and crybabies and tell them to suck a lemon, learn how to pvp.. this is a full loot game go play something else.. they like the easy kill, easy loot and find it fun sending people back to day 1 because they are bored and it "too hard" to attack another clan their size.

Now as if that's not enough, you want it easier to break into bases too.. OMG. god forbid you you actually had to work for loot.. Fuck the farmers, let them spend a week working for their stuff so you can take it and zero them in 15 min with all the shit you stole from the last group you just fucked. You want everything quick, easy and fast.. The well is drying up.. Farmers are leaving because of how easy it is to get wiped and how long it takes to recover so now all you have left is the other big clans and their big bases.. Oh but that's too hard, it takes too long to break in... HAHAHA.... pvp/gankers made your bed.. lie in it or just quit and go play something else like you tell farmers, solo/small clans..

pashen

Hmm.. farmers and solo/small groups want it harder to zero a ship and want some way to escape an attack, they want a more even balance to pvp -
The pvp/pirates/raiders/gankers/griefers etc. call them whiners and crybabies and tell them to suck a lemon, learn how to pvp.. this is a full loot game go play something else.. they like the easy kill, easy loot and find it fun sending people back to day 1 because they are bored and it "too hard" to attack another clan their size.

Now as if that's not enough, you want it easier to break into bases too.. OMG. god forbid you you actually had to work for loot.. Fuck the farmers, let them spend a week working for their stuff so you can take it and zero them in 15 min with all the shit you stole from the last group you just fucked. You want everything quick, easy and fast.. The well is drying up.. Farmers are leaving because of how easy it is to get wiped and how long it takes to recover so now all you have left is the other big clans and their big bases.. Oh but that's too hard, it takes too long to break in... HAHAHA.... pvp/gankers made your bed.. lie in it or just quit and go play something else like you tell farmers, solo/small clans..
not constructive unfortunately. I didn't talk about easier I talk about faster, or about less boring.

I didnt talk much about small clans either. I will repeat, the question is about balance “risk vs reward”, not “nothing vs boredom”.

again, there was no suggestion here either. Its a feedback, not suggestion. I think the solution is worth more thinking, experimenting and proper discussion.

pashen

Guys... the ones who are negative here. What you essentially do here on the suggestions forums is shutting down the discussion for EA game by being toxic and not constructive.

Here for example, I share a feedback labeling it as a feedback and trying to expand devs understanding of the game.

It doesn’t mean they have to implement something and ruin any systems. They need to be aware.

Here I say there is a very boring mechanic every winning clan knows about. It’s not rewarding to win big battles.

instead of countering my argument explaining that my understanding of this is wrong and maybe sharing some other experiences with examples of fun PvB, you insult and shut down the discussion.

And I am ok with it. Maybe.

You just ruin good discussions here

TYME2DYE

@pashen Yes, i will give you that.. more of a rant, my apologies .. i play both sides, farm and pvper and i am just sick of hearing people who just want easy griefing and looting... I have (after this post) read some of your other posts and i see what you are trying to do.

Constructively speaking, pvp balance is very one sided. There is little to no option or ability to retreat or escape.. Be it the aggressor attacking a small group who gets reinforced by allies and now the aggressor has to retreat or the small group being attacked cannot defend and needs to retreat/escape.. Once you are pvp tagged you have to try and run for several minutes to get to the "L" zone to get away and hope you don't get hit and have your pvp tag refreshed..

Possible fix:
1. pvp flagged or not if you get to the "L" zone you should be able to log, maybe not an instant log, maybe your ship has to remain in the "L" zone for a short time, 10-15 seconds??. Attackers will need to either block your escape or harpoon and drag the ship back till it legged
Trader: harpoons should not work in the trader area, no pvp, ships should not be dragged out..

* 2 min safe log is also too long.. hitting the person who started the log out causes it to cancel... No good..

Those mechanics i stated drastically tip the fight in favor of the attacker, unless the victim is reinforced then the attacker has to run. That mechanic needs to be balanced, people need a way out of an attack.

Your statement of it takes too long to open a base.. Well, if the person took the time a resource to make it hard then you need to take the time and effort to get into it.. simple base, easy loot - complex time and resource consuming base, well grab a beer and a smoke and sart sawing.. your choice

but on the game as a whole:

*Hull cracking - too easy to make fire arrows, only need to 1/2 health the ship to crack.. what are the majority of ships small clans/farmers have? Stiletto, mollusc, toboggan? Buffalo maybe, so what 20-30k with bone upgrade (something like that) hp requiring only 1/2 to crack?
So 30k / 2 = 15k ~ 15,000/850=17.6 fire arrows, 18 in reality... that's what 54 rupu gel? Give me 2-3 hours.. give 5 clan members a hour.
18 Arrows to crack, 36 to zero... yawn, we carry 40 at any given time.. But we have never once zeroed a ship. a mollusc or letto.. something like 20 or less to zero.. too too toooooooo easy...

- If you want to crack a hull it should be deliberate, it should cost you a fair amount of resources so you have to decide if you want to spend the resources to crack it open. 10-12 arrows to crack a hull is a drop in the bucket

*Reinforced hull - ceramic and Iron, and fire arrows burn ceramic and iron reinforced hulls??

* Zeroing walkers - This should be a huge resource investment to zero. why? Well, first, as it stands 20 arrows can be farmed in an hours or less (or stolen in 15 mins) and ships are zeroed for fun and for griefing.. the only reason to zero a ship would be to remove an enemy's Q80 war ship that has been tormenting your farmers or clan.. You have to really want to Zero a ship and commit the resources to do so..

Possible fixes: reduce fire arrow damage to 400 dmg +/-
Hull cracking:
- Default Tier 1 ship with no reinforcement - fire arrows - hull cracks at 1/4 or 1/2 hp
- Tier 2 Bone upgrade - have an additional Armor bar below the HP bar. Need a Ceramic form of a fire arrow to destroy the bone armor first, then you need to fire arrow the hull to 1/4 -1/2 health to crack
- Tier 3 Ceramic - Have additional bar for ceramic armor, either in addition to bone armor or in place of TBD. - Require some kind of iron arrows to break the ceramic armor, then you can work on the hull
- Tier 4 iron - TBD, you see where this is going.. Lava arrows??
Of course, it should be costly to unlock the "special arrows" and it should be costly to build them as well.. How much cost and how much dmg they do? TBD

Zeroing ships - IDK but it should be hard so it is not worth griefers just zeroing ships just for for b/c they can. Your clan needs to be like F*** it, i don't care what it costs, i want that ship DEAD!

Why do i feel like this, well it is simple.. PVP full loot is the game - no contesting that. Farmers earn their loot over time, a lot of time sometimes.. you want to steal it, that's fine but you should have to work hard to get it.. Predators in the wild don't make a kill on every hunt, a lion is only successful 20% of the time.. Right now, attackers are successful 90% of the time (just a number i pull out of the air, no facts). You want to farm the farmers, that's fine, but you should have to work hard to get what they worked hard to get.

Current gameplay
It takes 15 mins to raid a ship with a weeks worth or resources, pirate can do that all day.. i get it but, once they pilfer the tiles in their area it will take farmers days to farm new resources.. Pirates get bored.. raid farmers again.. disappointed in what little the farmer has so pirate zeroed ship.. All that was achieved is now it takes the farmer that much longer to build a new ship and get back to farming, meanwhile Pirate comes back and farmer has a ship and no loot.. Pirate is mad, zeros ship.. Why would the farmer rebuild, he has nothing so he travels to a new oasis and now pirate has no farmer to harass. Maybe this was the 3rd, 4th or more time the farmer was zeroed and changed tiles, he now quits because lets face it, it is not fun to constantly be reduced to zero.

Gameplay with harder hulling and zeroing

Farmer farms resources, Pirate shows up to raid him... Farmer runs, pirate chases.. Farmer heads for "L" zone and pirate is trying to stop him... If pirate can harpoon and drag farm ship to keep him out of "L" zone he can leg/wing it. Pirate decks the ship and get his earned loot.. Now the pirate has a choice, does he want to try and crack the hull and spend those resources? is the hull bone, ceramic or what? Does pirate have the proper ammo?
Pirate leaves hull intact.. farmer repairs his ship and his losses were minimal.. goes back to farming with a sore ego. 2 days later the pirate is back and catches farmer off guard. Farmer can't run and is killed winged and legged.. Pirate decides to crack the hull, he has all the ammo he needs.. jackpot his resource expenditure paid off... Farmer is pissed and angry but fixes his ship and starts over.. The next day Pirate is bored and find the farmer, attacks again, cracks the hull and finds nothing.. Pirate is pissed b/c he wasted all those resources on an empty ship... Farmer laughs, the jokes on you.. Pirate is mad and wants to zero the ship but decides against it b/c it is not worth the resources ... Pirate leaves and will be back much later to give the farmer time to fill his hull with juicy quality stuff. Or... farmer says hey, i am not staying here anymore.

Farmer takes his repaired ship to another oasis and bang he is attacked by another pirate... So will this new pirate has to decide, risk vs reward, to crack the hull of the farmer ship?? Does the pirate want to risk wasting resources to crack this ship knowing he may or may not recoop or even gain from doing so.. Farmer, while raided again at least has a chance of not losing everything again or if he was smarter/quicker he could have made it to the border and "L'ed" out..

Additional thoughts

People feel "safe" in a mollusc, false sense of security, arguably the slowest ship. You are a sitting duck. If you pilot from on top - no advantage over another ship. Pilot from inside, you have limited visibility, ok.. price you pay for "safety" but the ship is buggy, saws glitch through and break your chests and loot spawns on top.. There really is little advantage other than no one knows what's inside and they have to (theoretically) crack the hull to get in. This ship has issues:
- heavy wings stand way too vertical - flatten them
- too slow to out run anything - make torque more viable like the dinghy or give it better top speed, it is not a battle ship so it need to be able to escape, maybe not a falco but other small/med ships
- if it's going to be slow it should be more durable to endure an attack. Reinforced legs are a joke (still)
- carry weight is blah, hit 2k weight and it drives like a VW bug on 2 cylinders - this is a double edged sword too, if you give it more weight farmers will pack it more and pirates would target it more... hmm, interesting thoughts huh?

*Ceramic upgrade, specifically Mobility - Requires reinforced planks (iron ingots) Why???

*Domus - +1 for the large clan/zergs - completely out or reach for any small clan

- What is with the ships weights? example, walker has 4k weight limit but by 2k, or less, its mobility is dog sh!t? maybe color code or give some hard numbers as to at what point the ships performance start to suffer or something.. The only ship that seems to be solid if a Dinghy, keep it under 1k and you are fine..
- Fix the weight number overlapping the weight description and for god sakes get rid of the blue on the torque number
-Lastly, stop producing top tier ships until existing ship have all their upgrade options like armored/heavy legs, all 3 wings or even that new wing the Domus has.. Make ships have specific qualities they excel at like fast but low hp, slower but heavily armored.

I hope that is constructive enough for you

Xaero15

@pashen Yes, i will give you that.. more of a rant, my apologies .. i play both sides, farm and pvper and i am just sick of hearing people who just want easy griefing and looting... I have (after this post) read some of your other posts and i see what you are trying to do.

Constructively speaking, pvp balance is very one sided. There is little to no option or ability to retreat or escape.. Be it the aggressor attacking a small group who gets reinforced by allies and now the aggressor has to retreat or the small group being attacked cannot defend and needs to retreat/escape.. Once you are pvp tagged you have to try and run for several minutes to get to the "L" zone to get away and hope you don't get hit and have your pvp tag refreshed..

Possible fix:
1. pvp flagged or not if you get to the "L" zone you should be able to log, maybe not an instant log, maybe your ship has to remain in the "L" zone for a short time, 10-15 seconds??. Attackers will need to either block your escape or harpoon and drag the ship back till it legged
Trader: harpoons should not work in the trader area, no pvp, ships should not be dragged out..

* 2 min safe log is also too long.. hitting the person who started the log out causes it to cancel... No good..

Those mechanics i stated drastically tip the fight in favor of the attacker, unless the victim is reinforced then the attacker has to run. That mechanic needs to be balanced, people need a way out of an attack.

Your statement of it takes too long to open a base.. Well, if the person took the time a resource to make it hard then you need to take the time and effort to get into it.. simple base, easy loot - complex time and resource consuming base, well grab a beer and a smoke and sart sawing.. your choice

*Hull cracking - too easy to make fire arrows, only need to 1/2 health the ship to crack.. what are the majority of ships small clans/farmers have? Stiletto, mollusc, toboggan? Buffalo maybe, so what 20-30k with bone upgrade (something like that) hp requiring only 1/2 to crack?
So 30k / 2 = 15k ~ 15,000/850=17.6 fire arrows, 18 in reality... that's what 54 rupu gel? Give me 2-3 hours.. give 5 clan members a hour.
18 Arrows to crack, 36 to zero... yawn, we carry 40 at any given time.. But we have never once zeroed a ship. a mollusc or letto.. something like 20 or less to zero.. too too toooooooo easy...

- If you want to crack a hull it should be deliberate, it should cost you a fair amount of resources so you have to decide if you want to spend the resources to crack it open. 10-12 arrows to crack a hull is a drop in the bucket

*Reinforced hull - ceramic and Iron, and fire arrows burn ceramic and iron reinforced hulls??

* Zeroing walkers - This should be a huge resource investment to zero. why? Well, first, as it stands 20 arrows can be farmed in an hours or less (or stolen in 15 mins) and ships are zeroed for fun and for griefing.. the only reason to zero a ship would be to remove an enemy's Q80 war ship that has been tormenting your farmers or clan.. You have to really want to Zero a ship and commit the resources to do so..

Hull cracking:
- Default Tier 1 ship with no reinforcement - fire arrows - hull cracks at 1/4 or 1/2 hp
- Tier 2 Bone upgrade - have an additional Armor bar below the HP bar. Need a Ceramic form of a fire arrow to destroy the bone armor first, then you need to fire arrow the hull to 1/4 -1/2 health to crack
- Tier 3 Ceramic - Have additional bar for ceramic armor, either in addition to bone armor or in place of TBD. - Require some kind of iron arrows to break the ceramic armor, then you can work on the hull
Of course, it should be costly to unlock the "special arrows" and it should be costly to build them as well.. How much cost and how much dmg they do? TBD

Zeroing ships - IDK but it should be hard so it is not worth griefers just zeroing ships just for for b/c they can. Your clan needs to be like F*** it, i don't care what it costs, i want that ship DEAD!

Why do i feel like this, well it is simple.. PVP full loot is the game - no contesting that. Farmers earn their loot over time, a lot of time sometimes.. you want to steal it, that's fine but you should have to work hard to get it.. Predators in the wild don't make a kill on every hunt, a lion is only successful 20% of the time.. Right now, attackers are successful 90% of the time (just a number i pull out of the air, no facts). You want to farm the farmers, that's fine, but you should have to work hard to get what they worked hard to get.

Current gameplay
It takes 15 mins to raid a ship with a weeks worth or resources, pirate can do that all day.. i get it but, once they pilfer the tiles in their area it will take farmers days to farm new resources.. Pirates get bored.. raid farmers again.. disappointed in what little the farmer has so pirate zeroed ship.. All that was achieved is now it takes the farmer that much longer to build a new ship and get back to farming, meanwhile Pirate comes back and farmer has a ship and no loot.. Pirate is mad, zeros ship.. Why would the farmer rebuild, he has nothing so he travels to a new oasis and now pirate has no farmer to harass. Maybe this was the 3rd, 4th or more time the farmer was zeroed and changed tiles, he now quits because lets face it, it is not fun to constantly be reduced to zero.

Farmer farms resources, Pirate shows up to raid him... Farmer runs, pirate chases.. Farmer heads for "L" zone and pirate is trying to stop him... If pirate can harpoon and drag farm ship to keep him out of "L" zone he can leg/wing it. Pirate decks the ship and get his earned loot.. Now the pirate has a choice, does he want to try and crack the hull and spend those resources? is the hull bone, ceramic or what? Does pirate have the proper ammo?
Pirate leaves hull intact.. farmer repairs his ship and his losses were minimal.. goes back to farming with a sore ego. 2 days later the pirate is back and catches farmer off guard. Farmer can't run and is killed winged and legged.. Pirate decides to crack the hull, he has all the ammo he needs.. jackpot his resource expenditure paid off... Farmer is pissed and angry but fixes his ship and starts over.. The next day Pirate is bored and find the farmer, attacks again, cracks the hull and finds nothing.. Pirate is pissed b/c he wasted all those resources on an empty ship... Farmer laughs, the jokes on you.. Pirate is mad and wants to zero the ship but decides against it b/c it is not worth the resources ... Pirate leaves and will be back much later to give the farmer time to fill his hull with juicy quality stuff. Or... farmer says hey, i am not staying here anymore.

Farmer takes his repaired ship to another oasis and bang he is attacked by another pirate... So will this new pirate has to decide, risk vs reward, to crack the hull of the farmer ship?? Does the pirate want to risk wasting resources to crack this ship knowing he may or may not recoop or even gain from doing so.. Farmer, while raided again at least has a chance of not losing everything again or if he was smarter/quicker he could have made it to the border and "L'ed" out..

Additional thoughts

People feel "safe" in a mollusc, false sense of security, arguably the slowest ship. You are a sitting duck. If you pilot from on top - no advantage over another ship. Pilot from inside, you have limited visibility, ok.. price you pay for "safety" but the ship is buggy, saws glitch through and break your chests and loot spawns on top.. There really is little advantage other than no one knows what's inside and they have to (theoretically) crack the hull to get in. This ship has issues:
- too slow to out run anything - make torque more viable like the dinghy or give it better top speed, it is not a battle ship so it need to be able to escape, maybe not a falco but other small/med ships
- if it's going to be slow it should be more durable to endure an attack. Reinforced legs are a joke (still)
- carry weight is blah, hit 2k weight and it drives like a VW bug on 2 cylinders - this is a double edged sword too, if you give it more weight farmers will pack it more and pirates would target it more... hmm, interesting thoughts huh?

*Ceramic upgrade, specifically Mobility - Requires reinforced planks (iron ingots) Why???

*Domus - +1 for the large clan/zergs - completely out or reach for any small clan

- What is with the ships weights? example, walker has 4k weight limit but by 2k, or less, its mobility is dog sh!t? maybe color code or give some hard numbers as to at what point the ships performance start to suffer or something.. The only ship that seems to be solid if a Dinghy, keep it under 1k and you are fine..
- Fix the weight number overlapping the weight description and for god sakes get rid of the blue on the torque number
-Lastly, stop producing top tier ships until existing ship have all their upgrade options like armored/heavy legs, all 3 wings or even that new wing the Domus has.. Make ships have specific qualities they excel at like fast but low hp, slower but heavily armored.

And that's the balance the game needs

pashen

Possible fix:

Hull cracking:

Current gameplay

Additional thoughts

I really appreciate the amount of suggestions here, although I must say every suggestion here worth a topic and this topic is solely about base raiding mechanics. However, I will surelly give it a try tomorrow to discuss some of your suggestions here as it is constructive to think about. Thanks for this! Have a good night.