Game Can Be Boring, The Missing Element

YourMom

Despite all the usual normal tear filled issues nut-cuppers wine about around here, the game lacks something. There is a missing element somewhere. I find myself lately just uninterested having "done it all". I successfully play solo.... and it's much easier now than ever with the population so low. I like the grind. I like that its not super easy to get to an end game walker, unless your in a zerg.

I notice that EVERYONE kinda wants to do their own thing. I have been in a few groups of various sizes and they are mostly full of solos looking for protection in numbers. The ppl that JUST want to PVP are the ones I notice getting bored the most. I think that may have something to do with the pop going down also. But I do not think the shrinking user base has to do with any one thing such as "zergs waaaa".

Now with the smaller number of servers the existing player base is essentially being forced together which is good for PVPr's but not farmers. The developers try to find that happy medium to keep both groups happy. The Devs keep getting berated by the verbal minority pussy hurt because they lost pixels over making bad choices in game that caught up with them, "oh no can't be anything I did wrong cuz i'd deh 1337 gamer". This is not a white knight statement.... just my observations from these forums, Steam forums and Reddit.

BUT what else is the game missing. IT's not content, is it? You think the worm coming into the game would fix the problem? I don't. Does it need more quests? In Rust and EVE allot of the PVE content crossover into posible PVP situations. I always liked that. More in-game events like roaming Rupu raiders?

Right now the game is Farming and PVP. It gets old.

CHEEESE

Events and more possibilities to gain good stuff at pve. It doesnt hurt the balance if you loot 1-2 iron swords or wingsuits solo - but you will feel very good when you do. Rupu horde migrations, sudden ancient piramyde emerge from sand to check it for traps and treasures, etc. Events should provide adventures and good loot to make players go for it and interact.
Maybe mechanic for player quest-making will be good too. Bounties, defence contracts etc.

Weirdpete

I agree with a lot of the sentiment here about content, basically.
Event Tiles like the worm are a good start, but there needs to be more events in general I think, to make the world feel alive outside just player activity. Things like traveling migrations would also be interesting, new mobs in general actually. Heck even throwing in a series of low tier creatures like the Phemke or palette swaps would be little things to help.
Map variations will be key as well, I think, in time.
Dungeon crawls as well, wurm caves and ancient ruins, would add a lot to the game.

awenjr

This Devs is PRO zerg there is No counter play!!
1. Sandstorm is Edge of Map is local effect they still can see you from outside.
2. Naked beat stick board your walker? Nope you cannot safe logout.
3. Manage to Run Edge of Map? 1 HIT you cannot logout.
4. Walker wings break and you cannot move on the EDGE of map? no worry zerg can help drag you with harpoon out of zone and loot you.
5. New Solo/Small Group try farm for progression? no worry zerg travel around even in edge just to zeroed you.

How you enjoy this game? join big clan and become their slave, yeah this game is encourage slavery. i hope i can get refund and buy other game.

awenjr

Yeah, your exactly who I described with my first sentence in the OP.
yeah skilled player can't even understand when to use your and you're lol. this game suit you. braindead game braindead community. enjoy your empty dessert and eat my bad review. hahaha new player go brrrrr

YourMom

IDK wtf you said since i have you set to ignored... its all i can do to protect my remaining brain cells.

TYME2DYE

IDK wtf you said since i have you set to ignored... its all i can do to protect my remaining brain cells.
let me try and translate for you. I think he said the Iron Buffalo with 30 guys in iron gear winged him and dragged him out of the "L" zone and butt ****d him.
The points he makes are valid though.. pvpers get bored b/c it is too easy and farmers have no recourse, no defense other then don't log in...

Your post just reinforces that point, lack of content - sure, for those who got it all but not for those who are still working their way up the grind
Pop drop - sure, those at the top are bored and leave, farmers are giving up because they cannot compete with the top kitted and out numbering players
Less servers - Yup, you are correct, pushes farmers closer to the fire

One thing is for sure. if the devs don't break this cycles soon it will just be zerg on zerg trading kits till everyone gets bored of the same old same old..

Khavall

I think a giant missing element is an economy, ease of trade, and utilization of flots. Much of what I hear people complain about if it is not zerg related, relates to not being able to get something, or something else taking too long. If there was an actual economy, and trading wasnt such a huge risk, people would be able to get what they need with much less time investment. Craftsman would be rewarded for their time, adding a new source of income that would actually mean something. Imagine actual merchants. Havent seen that in game. People wouldn't have to grind so much and could enjoy the game more.

YourMom

I think a giant missing element is an economy, ease of trade, and utilization of flots. Much of what I hear people complain about if it is not zerg related, relates to not being able to get something, or something else taking too long. If there was an actual economy, and trading wasnt such a huge risk, people would be able to get what they need with much less time investment. Craftsman would be rewarded for their time, adding a new source of income that would actually mean something. Imagine actual merchants. Havent seen that in game. People wouldn't have to grind so much and could enjoy the game more.

Yeah I think the Devs are focused on other things. If you notice there are a few things already set up ingame that just needs some time spent on them. Since the dev team is small they are focused on other stuff.

The economy is one. It just needs some refinements. First of all....
- there needs to be a global search, clicking on each individual grid to see what they got sux.
- do what EVE does, make it possible for me to make purchases at distant grids but I have to be there in person to receive it, I purchases, it sits in my vault until I pick it up.
- sell items in the trade station that are not found in game, are not craftable, they are ONLY obtained by purchase in the trade station. They gotta be items players will want so it gives them value but not too easy to get.
-Skins. SKINS SKINS SKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If skins cost flots... come the fuk on ya'll
-flots = IRL currency, ie buying flots with money. This would really give the economy a boost
- LASTLY the ability to buy and sell walkers through the trade station. Make it so you can sell them loaded out or vanilla

!!Permissions system for clans!!
Seeing all those lil check boxes under the different ranks and not being able to change them is fukn driving me crazy. LET ME modify caln rank permissions via thsoe lil check boxes PALEASE!

Khavall

The best utilization of flots and how to create value is by offering not only things like skins but by making it a currency of convenience also. If it saves time and would be an easy fix to things people complain about, like an NPC to move multiple walkers for flots, that fixes a problem and generates value.

To piggyback on your comment, I think as an alternative to going to pick it up when ordering off-tile, you could pay a courier fee as a flot sink for convenience.

There needs to be a safe trade screen for items, not just reliance on a trust based system of dropping items or middlemen where the majority of the players are pirates.

An entire trade tile might also be nice. Maybe it pops up like a meteor tile, is safe from pvp, and has rare mats for flots. Or maybe its a super-sized travelling trade hub that is part of how you buy items from other tiles and is how it is also transfered to you. Clans would still get their % from owning the tile the item originates from. The tile would serve as a virtual middle man.

I think buying and selling walkers is a must at some point, that would be a quality farmer's dream. Repairs and quality upgrades would be nice too, I believe I read a thread on this already within these forums. Maybe someone zeroes your walker? Head to the repair shop and pay flots to un-zero it and restore its quality/mods. If you have 10/10 mods, maybe you lose 1 mod from the zero and after repair have 9/10 mods. Maybe you can only afford to repair 4/10 mods and have to come back to repair the rest after farming flots. Or maybe you don't want to build another walker, upgrade it with mats and pay flots to someone. It could be a skill or NPC.

Again, flots to solve problems lots of people complain about would generate value. In the current state its like the devs handed out monopoly money and said "you can buy things with this, isnt that great?" Value doesn't generate itself, convenience and supply/demand generates value and right now there is little convenience and too sparsely populated tiles to generate any kind of supply/demand. Forcing players together is also not a solution to the economy, it would still be too sparse. Global trade is needed.

Last edited:

Weirdpete

I completely endorse the large moving trade tile. Not just for trading, but because they could used as a springboard for so many other useful Quality of Life mechanics and even as an in-game platform for the devs for events, being the only permenant tiles on the map.

YourMom

And i bet they have probably already thought of this stuff. But its a man power issue on the Devs end of things most likely.

But you got some good points!

What you described is an insurance system. Insure walkers for flots.

- Have random PVE Servers. Safe havens where players can just roll out the lobby and unpack bases with no worries.

- Use mechanics already in place such as increase number of low cap servers and increase water consumption penalty to a server degree to the point of almost death in a short amount of time.

- Make tradestation safe zone an unlimited time and increase its size, safe zone, to the point where it can be a social/gathering place for ppl to safely unpack amongst each other.

....man i could go on and on...

Weirdpete

They probably have thought of them, heard of them.
Buut, maybe they haven't, or because we can sound board off eachother, maybe come up with something that's better.

Jeon

Despite all the usual normal tear filled issues nut-cuppers wine about around here, the game lacks something. There is a missing element somewhere. I find myself lately just uninterested having "done it all". I successfully play solo.... and it's much easier now than ever with the population so low. I like the grind. I like that its not super easy to get to an end game walker, unless your in a zerg.

I notice that EVERYONE kinda wants to do their own thing. I have been in a few groups of various sizes and they are mostly full of solos looking for protection in numbers. The ppl that JUST want to PVP are the ones I notice getting bored the most. I think that may have something to do with the pop going down also. But I do not think the shrinking user base has to do with any one thing such as "zergs waaaa".

Now with the smaller number of servers the existing player base is essentially being forced together which is good for PVPr's but not farmers. The developers try to find that happy medium to keep both groups happy. The Devs keep getting berated by the verbal minority pussy hurt because they lost pixels over making bad choices in game that caught up with them, "oh no can't be anything I did wrong cuz i'd deh 1337 gamer". This is not a white knight statement.... just my observations from these forums, Steam forums and Reddit.

BUT what else is the game missing. IT's not content, is it? You think the worm coming into the game would fix the problem? I don't. Does it need more quests? In Rust and EVE allot of the PVE content crossover into posible PVP situations. I always liked that. More in-game events like roaming Rupu raiders?

Right now the game is Farming and PVP. It gets old.
It is missing constant content flow. Rust (king of hard-core survivals) in it's core ain't much different from LO, It just has tons and tons of in-game mini games to fill up both pvp and pve maniacs free time, incredibly high level of customization through community designed purchasable skins which attract ***s of all ages and provide constant money flow for devs. And yet even Rust, with its 50k daily players, can become boring after a while. Personally, after 3000+ hours in Rust, I find LO more fun, and the end-game loop of high scale pvp much more entertaining, but still, I agree it is missing something: variety in biomes, cold tiles to the east, the flotilla city, a bounty system, hand cuffs, new pve encounters to get rare mats, clan banner customization, paint drawing in-game, walker hull customization, or modular walker building, wing position customization, walker towing, new flora and fauna materials, new tools, musical instruments, something comparable to the electricity system from rust (which required like 3 years to code), material recycling (from rust), an alliance system, a group/family system to share ownership of walkers/structures with specific clan or non clan members, code locks, food system, heat management (thanks Pete), AoE raiding projectiles (like rocket launchers in Rust), a farming system, caves, underground and underwater ruins, city ruin tiles full of treasures... I could go on for hours listing what I would like to see in LO. Hopefully with time... Some of these features will be added.

Weirdpete

All that content would be absolutely baller.
Looking at it probably makes the devs cry. XD
We understand the process though, everything takes time.

Khavall

It is missing constant content flow. Rust (king of hard-core survivals) in it's core ain't much different from LO, It just has tons and tons of in-game mini games to fill up both pvp and pve maniacs free time, incredibly high level of customization through community designed purchasable skins which attract ***s of all ages and provide constant money flow for devs. And yet even Rust, with its 50k daily players, can become boring after a while. Personally, after 3000+ hours in Rust, I find LO more fun, and the end-game loop of high scale pvp much more entertaining, but still, I agree it is missing something: variety in biomes, cold tiles to the east, the flotilla city, a bounty system, hand cuffs, new pve encounters to get rare mats, clan banner customization, paint drawing in-game, walker hull customization, or modular walker building, wing position customization, walker towing, new flora and fauna materials, new tools, musical instruments, something comparable to the electricity system from rust (which required like 3 years to code), material recycling (from rust), an alliance system, a group/family system to share ownership of walkers/structures with specific clan or non clan members, code locks, food system, heat management (thanks Pete), AoE raiding projectiles (like rocket launchers in Rust), a farming system, caves, underground and underwater ruins, city ruin tiles full of treasures... I could go on for hours listing what I would like to see in LO. Hopefully with time... Some of these features will be added.
Would be nice if there was a tile similar to the POI titan on hard maps which would be the best frag farming in game and heavy PVP