Game hit new low... need PVP optional in easy and normal maps

how low player base have to get to the devs to see that a comunity of only zergs and pirates wont sustain their games...
PvP should be optional in easy and normal maps.. hardmaps should keep the PVP always on since its the END GAME. but forcing pvp on early or small clans is pushing the people away..
Optional pvp will make large guilds build stashes on pve maps.. yeah they already build then in player locked maps so theres no much change in it, except now small guilds and solo players will be able to do it too..
to be more fair, toggling pvp on or off in normal maps should take 1 real hour or more to take effect. so no toggling after killing someone to evade punishment. should be show as a banned next to the name and ship, pvp enabled, disabled or toggling. and toggling ON pvp should be shown in the oasis map so no sneak atacks..

HUR DUR its a full loot game, yeah so eiter the game continue its decline and you will need to loot your guild members, or they give some space for the little guilds to exist and then in the hard maps you could hunt their expedition forces, since they will still need to gather rare resources and tablets..

Another thing that need to change is IF half or more of the cap of the map is being hold by one clan (if this clan is the owner of the proxy, the proxy needs to be vulnerable // if the clan inst the owner and is trying to region lock another clan in the defence, the proxy should skip the vulnerability phase so no dirtytricks)

Attachments

Last edited:

wildbill

Optional PvP on the easy and medium maps is no solution. That just gives a player a false sense of security that is smashed hard when they go to the hard map or try to go to the crater map to get some iron. They will likely rage quit at that point and write a nasty review and bring down the game rating even more.

It doesn't take more than about a week (or maybe less) to get to where you need those resources on the harder maps. You can't make a single tablet until you go to a hard map.

Optional PvP on the easy and medium maps is no solution. That just gives a player a false sense of security that is smashed hard when they go to the hard map or try to go to the crater map to get some iron. They will likely rage quit at that point and write a nasty review and bring down the game rating even more.

It doesn't take more than about a week (or maybe less) to get to where you need those resources on the harder maps. You can't make a single tablet until you go to a hard map.
some times people just want a safe place to craft and walk with the walkers before being throw into the pvp, Most people that i know that entered a large guild, entered it JUST TO HAVE THAT, and need to be slaved away for the "cause"

wildbill

some times people just want a safe place to craft and walk with the walkers before being throw into the pvp, Most people that i know that entered a large guild, entered it JUST TO HAVE THAT, and need to be slaved away for the "cause"
Yes, that is the only reason I would join a large clan, is to be "safe". Although as has been discussed over and over in these forums, mixing PvE and PvP is a very difficult proposition to get right. Even more difficult than getting a balance and fun PvP to work.

Haxoonie

How would it not be an option or solution? This would at least give players time to prepare, knowing they need to be careful what items, and walkers to take into hard maps. Do I take a spider and bring back only whats essential? Do I take a bigger walker to bring back more mats so that I have to make this trip less often? Should I gear up my crew and try to survive that way? A lot f clans don't even get time to think about these things because they have some pissed of toxic zerg hunting them on every tile. Sure maybe a handful of zergs arn't this way but the vast majority are, and their killing the fucking game.

These are options smaller clans that don't normally get a chance to farm and organize now have a chance to finally get some breathing room to prepare for a war. the smaller groups are hit so much, so often that they never have enough supplies to fight back. ZERGS ARE A PROBLEM!! THEY HUNT EVERY TILE!! They wait for solos small clans or unorganized travelers to pop in then they decimate them and anyone fooling enough to travel with them. Not to mention the new ZERO EVERYTHING and camp their walkers tactic these toxic clans are using to pin down the smaller groups. No player should have the power or authority to decide who plays the fucking game. No one player or group should say they know whats best and every other opinion is shit or invalid. These people are narcissists in real life and behind a computer screen. So how about some input or anything valuable to add to the discussion other then " You're wrong blah blah blah "

Also a lot of mmos have end game content behind PVP maps... and the end content today is tablets hard mats and quality mats, all of those are better on the hard maps that would have the pvp always on..
i log in less and less, because of the griefing hunting parties, some guys just zeroed a goddam firefly for the luls of it..
i dont want to participate in a aglomerate of players to be safe and not enjoy a good party. i want a small clan of friends to play the game, but since the zergs started apearing this type of gameplay died.. the first weeks the game was great. we could farm walk sometimes fight, but it was fair,the group i played never went 2x1, normaly if we wanted to fight we would dispach a even number, and if the guys that went to fight died we would leave instead of going on until the other party dies out.
But now its 50 players on 3... or your friends cant even log in to fight togueter because of ther cap lock..

one of the reasons giant guilds exist today is because its the only way to play.. the moment there is another option, many mega guilds will shrink down... and new smaller ones will apear. this will enable pvp back in the game since, right now its zerg cap the server belonguing to the blob guild or being hunted down like dogs..

Last edited:

Haxoonie

Optional-PVP would take away form what the game is. Why not go to a game that has such nut-cupping mechanics that exist already.
First off, your name says a lot about you, and your persona. I would change that if you don't like being known as the idiot troll that spews bullshit from the gap in his face, and thinks its facts.

This game is dying you fucking tweak head. There will be no one left in LO if you dumb ****s keep telling people to leave just because you think they don't belong. "If you cant zerg, or swarm a player then you shouldn't be here" is bullshit. Most of the people here understand there should be PVP in this game, but how it is working NOW is killing the game because it allows zerg pussies to win battles through a Army Ant tactic. SWARM AND OVERWHELM!! There is not a scratch of fucking skill between them. It's normally 5v1 ANY TIME you go up agains them.

At least people are in here trying to help and come up with ideas that might save the fucking game, unlike you.... If you dont have anything usefull to add just shut that hole in your face and do all the smart people a favor.

Haxoonie

Optional-pvp on mediums would be fine only if they completely removed resource quality and rupu totems from those maps.
I am sure many players would be fine with this. They wouldn't be able to get quality but they could farm back up the basic shit they needed to get walkers, tools and basic weapons going again. I love this idea. KUDOS

YourMom

Use what they have in place already:

Adjust server pop caps with current active population of the game. Example: game pop is low so the game should create more servers with very low caps. ALLOT more 2 & 5 man cap servers. PLUS significantly increase the water consumption on these tiles for those who exceed it to a server amount if you have to. IT's supposed to discourage large groups but it currently does not. So just keep increasing the water consumption to a highly noticeable degree. Enough so that it would actually discourage large groups. As it stands it deters nothing.

Use what they have in place already:

Adjust server pop caps with current active population of the game. Example: game pop is low so the game should create more servers with very low caps. ALLOT more 2 & 5 man cap servers. PLUS significantly increase the water consumption on these tiles for those who exceed it to a server amount if you have to. IT's supposed to discourage large groups but it currently does not. So just keep increasing the water consumption to a highly noticeable degree. Enough so that it would actually discourage large groups. As it stands it deters nothing.
as many people said before, ZERGS will find a way, your solution is cool. until they beguin entering the map, login off , enter more, then all of them log in toguether and ban.. they have 50 people with the low cost...
if they made pvp optional they wont even need this cap in normal maps, most people dont care about the proxy because they are in a large guild anyway..

YourMom

As I have said, for those of you who haven't plaid a game like this before this is normal. If you want a PVP option there are plenty of games out there that already do this. But game liek this and Rust have no place for such a nut-cupper mechanic. Read my suggestion closely and pay close attention to the phrase "...to a server amount...". If a Zerg does what you explained and the mechanic is very server like I explained they would either be forced to leave the tile or die. I'm talking about an exaggerated amount of server water consumption to a degree where leaving or dying are the only options. Some of you act like its not within the realm of possibility to increase this amount. Its a piece of SW, the devs can change this amount if they so desired to a degree I mentioned.

Haxoonie

As I have said, for those of you who haven't plaid a game like this before this is normal. If you want a PVP option there are plenty of games out there that already do this. But game liek this and Rust have no place for such a nut-cupper mechanic. Read my suggestion closely and pay close attention to the phrase "...to a server amount...". If a Zerg does what you explained and the mechanic is very server like I explained they would either be forced to leave the tile or die. I'm talking about an exaggerated amount of server water consumption to a degree where leaving or dying are the only options. Some of you act like its not within the realm of possibility to increase this amount. Its a piece of SW, the devs can change this amount if they so desired to a degree I mentioned.
So what he's clearly saying here is, he's ok with the game continuing on the current path it's on and dying out completely. You sir are the person/s we are trying to save this game from. I won't be replying to you anymore because I would probably get further in a discussion with a brick wall. Good day...

Haxoonie

You're trying to save the game from the people who actually play it? :p
Running game servers is expensive. If the devs (of any online game) see their numbers are to low. That new players are not coming in. They will close the game. Do you idiots not know how this stuff works? They will not spend their own money keeping a beat horse alive for a handful of loyal zerglins that like the game the way it is. Please STFU because you spew nonsense all over these threads. You have 0 knowledge about how this stuff works, and thats very clear to many of us. Just do us a favor and stop..... please.... you're seriously starting to rot my brain with how evidently stupid you are.

VWithnail

Running game servers is expensive. If the devs (of any online game) see their numbers are to low. That new players are not coming in. They will close the game. Do you idiots not know how this stuff works? They will not spend their own money keeping a beat horse alive for a handful of loyal zerglins that like the game the way it is. Please STFU because you spew nonsense all over these threads. You have 0 knowledge about how this stuff works, and thats very clear to many of us. Just do us a favor and stop..... please.... you're seriously starting to rot my brain with how evidently stupid you are.
More "I'm smarter than you" tantrums by someone who isn't skilled enough to play solo/smallscale and wants the game altering to make up for their lack of skills (Social and otherwise).

Haxoonie

More "I'm smarter than you" tantrums by someone who isn't skilled enough to play solo/smallscale and wants the game altering to make up for their lack of skills (Social and otherwise).
Again smart ass. No one cares anymore. Take a look at the fucking comments of the people who were trying to find a solution to save this game, are making NOW. Let it burn. Who cares anymore. Enjoy what time this shit show has left with all your *sinkers* "Skill". I'm sure that will save the game. LMAO!! At least then, well be rid of brain dead zerglings like you.

Edit: I am smarter then you. I will admit that 100 times over. You are clearly someone who crys like a baby when anything around you ( Virtual or otherwise ) changes. If you can prove I am wrong, not that I am worried about that in the slightest, then go for it there buddy.

Last edited: