Game hit new low... need PVP optional in easy and normal maps

this is exactly the problem.. the people that defend the current game and say that a pve map would destroy the game are the players being protected by a giant guild and alread have the pve expecience when they want it, and can jump into pvp action later..

Weirdpete

I mean, less of a myth than, "Individuals and small groups of players have as many opportunities as clans to prosper. " or "solo play will always be a viable playstyle"

Maskov

That is why you(Vwithnail) have no idea have lil imagination how to play this game. Too bad for you, honestly this game requires good imagination how to play this game.

1. I play solo/duo all the time.
2. I am in 30+ member clan
3. I play in 2 man clan cap and FFA maps
4. I contribute to the clan in whatever resources they required and fight war beside them.
5. A few of us can craft scmet, tusker, titan and of course the new patch no problem crafting Domus.
6. I am slowly playing together with the clan because there is not much farming to do anymore in solo/duo gameplay.
7. Lost a few walkers, can rebuild it.
8. I have mobile base and grounded support war base if required.
9. I have all Q80+ crafting tables.
10. We are constantly at war and we survived thanks to our leaders able to ensure everything are sufficient and OP.

This game is not for you if you keep whining and complaining, our clan is growing. Recently 1 new member was attacked on a different tile, 3 stilleto and 1 falco rush to assist him and I very sure he is very glad and most of us understands that the clan comes first if we are going to survive in this game. If you cant follow simple instruction how to survive in LO you will only keep complaining while we are happy with the new patch!!!!

Last edited:

VWithnail

That is why you(Vwithnail) have no idea have lil imagination how to play this game. Too bad for you, honestly this game requires good imagination how to play this game.

1. I play solo/duo all the time.
2. I am in 30+ member clan
3. I play in 2 man clan cap and FFA maps
4. I contribute to the clan in whatever resources they required and fight war beside them.
5. A few of us can craft scmet, tusker, titan and of course the new patch no problem crafting Domus.
6. I am slowly playing together with the clan because there is not much farming to do anymore in solo/duo gameplay.
7. Lost a few walkers, can rebuild it.
8. I have mobile base and grounded support war base if required.
9. I have all Q80+ crafting tables.
10. We are constantly at war and we survived thanks to our leaders able to ensure everything are sufficient and OP.

This game is not for you if you keep whining and complaining, our clan is growing. Recently 1 new member was attacked on a different tile, 3 stilleto and 1 falco rush to assist him and I very sure he is very glad and most of us understands that the clan comes first if we are going to survive in this game. If you cant follow simple instruction how to survive in LO you will only keep complaining while we are happy with the new patch!!!!
Show me where I've complained about the state of the game?

If you're in a clan - you're not solo. My post was to make light of the fact that you're talking about being solo, whilst being in a clan. These other threads where you've said that "If someone is dying as a solo, it's because you're bad at the game" are a bit funny now... If you think that being supported by a clan but riding/flying around on your own some of the time is the same thing as playing solo, you're living in a dream world.

Maskov

Show me where I've complained about the state of the game?

If you're in a clan - you're not solo. My post was to make light of the fact that you're talking about being solo, whilst being in a clan. These other threads where you've said that "If someone is dying as a solo, it's because you're bad at the game" are a bit funny now... If you think that being supported by a clan but riding/flying around on your own some of the time is the same thing as playing solo, you're living in a dream world.
Whatever is it, you just lack of imagination on how to play this game. Just keep it to yourself.

What's interesting is that steam graph of the decrease in population is a somewhat slowing curve : we'll get to a point where the ingame population is the targetable early-access survival game population, and stable.

So that's more a good news than a bad one.

Small group could play and prosper. They should not have some aberrant idea of what they could accomplish. A 5-man clan is not meant to claim a tile nor compete with a tenth or hundreth members group of player.

It's a hard world, where you could be aggroed anytime, so you have to scout or hide. A small clan of 5 player could hide pretty well, without big risk, to recover or prepare to fight. A 30-ish member clan has a harder time to that, as they'll exhaust local ressources quicker, and do not have some 100+ member clan protection like tile-capping.

The small clan could make 5 walker by player, that should serve as backup storage/crafting rebirth, exploration and day to day life, combat walker, and so on.
If the said small clan would only live in an empty gigantic world and never ever encounter anyone, and claim its own empire, i guess that's some irrealistic ambitions. There the privates servers that could achieve that aim once they won't be the shitty option they are right now...

A world that adapt it's size to it's player base number is good. An empty MMO world is a nightmare experience...

Current game has many default, but many of thoses that are exposed on this forum are not. They're what made the game an interactive and living world. Criticizing the easyness that zerg have to zeroed someone, or zeroing mechanism itself as it's now is a necessary and interesting approach. Do not want to have interaction ever and having about 1 tile for each player is not. 30k to 3k player implies that we need only a tenth of the original world size. And even like that, i'm always in some empty or low pop tile. Balance issues between ceramic and iron tiers geared people could be a problem. Loosing fight 5vs20 with same tier gears is not. And so on.

What's interesting is that steam graph of the decrease in population is a somewhat slowing curve : we'll get to a point where the ingame population is the targetable early-access survival game population, and stable.

So that's more a good news than a bad one.

Small group could play and prosper. They should not have some aberrant idea of what they could accomplish. A 5-man clan is not meant to claim a tile nor compete with a tenth or hundreth members group of player.

It's a hard world, where you could be aggroed anytime, so you have to scout or hide. A small clan of 5 player could hide pretty well, without big risk, to recover or prepare to fight. A 30-ish member clan has a harder time to that, as they'll exhaust local ressources quicker, and do not have some 100+ member clan protection like tile-capping.

The small clan could make 5 walker by player, that should serve as backup storage/crafting rebirth, exploration and day to day life, combat walker, and so on.
If the said small clan would only live in an empty gigantic world and never ever encounter anyone, and claim its own empire, i guess that's some irrealistic ambitions. There the privates servers that could achieve that aim once they won't be the shitty option they are right now...

A world that adapt it's size to it's player base number is good. An empty MMO world is a nightmare experience...

Current game has many default, but many of thoses that are exposed on this forum are not. They're what made the game an interactive and living world. Criticizing the easyness that zerg have to zeroed someone, or zeroing mechanism itself as it's now is a necessary and interesting approach. Do not want to have interaction ever and having about 1 tile for each player is not. 30k to 3k player implies that we need only a tenth of the original world size. And even like that, i'm always in some empty or low pop tile. Balance issues between ceramic and iron tiers geared people could be a problem. Loosing fight 5vs20 with same tier gears is not. And so on.
all good, but remember thanks to the steam bomb, the game inst selling anymore, so not making profit anymore... the idea of private servers is somewate good, as long as people keep paying for it. the moment the owner gives up, part of their comunity will give up to, because of the grinding experience to farm skill tree, many will not start again.. so over time even less players. the idea of private servers linked to the oficial ones, would generate income for the game, and people would be able to hop in out and in another private server without having to restart from zero in question of tech tree..

@Hollow Noslen
Mixing playing in and out of private and public server is a very bad idea...

In a private server, you could have some major tweak added to your rules. Basic are 10 time xp and loot, so farming and unlocking is just a brainless short activity.
As the private server could be... private... you could even farm and unlock everything throw the iron tier without thinking about it, as you'll never encounter any opposing force.

If once you've safely made your heavy geared up armada and milicia you could just rampage in public server which have different rules and balance, it's just plain wrong and unfair.

Zerg and their number broking game mechanics (tile cap, easy farm...) is already pretty unbalance, why would you even think about adding a bigger disparity and unfairness unbalanced layer on top ??

Having the community able to have its own cluster of private server to make their own world with their own set of rules is a necessity on the long run. We could even hope for a full configuration and mods availability. Having a fixed and defined set of rules for the publics servers is another one. These world should remain separated for balance.

Cpt Custard

all good, but remember thanks to the steam bomb, the game inst selling anymore, so not making profit anymore... the idea of private servers is somewate good, as long as people keep paying for it. the moment the owner gives up, part of their comunity will give up to, because of the grinding experience to farm skill tree, many will not start again.. so over time even less players. the idea of private servers linked to the oficial ones, would generate income for the game, and people would be able to hop in out and in another private server without having to restart from zero in question of tech tree..
Also, there is this, with much slower cash flow will DC decide to go with the masses and what they want rather than a small minority that is left when the steam chart stops going down?

This is what New World devs did when they realized the tiny player base that would play a full loot survival game would not bring in the money. They did a 180 and turned it into an ESO clone and the game currently is not in a great state at the moment.

A cool idea for private servers would be DC kept your ships and items their side and you could visit any private server with those ships agreeing to the rules before you were let in.

Last edited:
@Hollow Noslen
Mixing playing in and out of private and public server is a very bad idea...

In a private server, you could have some major tweak added to your rules. Basic are 10 time xp and loot, so farming and unlocking is just a brainless short activity.
As the private server could be... private... you could even farm and unlock everything throw the iron tier without thinking about it, as you'll never encounter any opposing force.

If once you've safely made your heavy geared up armada and milicia you could just rampage in public server which have different rules and balance, it's just plain wrong and unfair.

Zerg and their number broking game mechanics (tile cap, easy farm...) is already pretty unbalance, why would you even think about adding a bigger disparity and unfairness unbalanced layer on top ??

Having the community able to have its own cluster of private server to make their own world with their own set of rules is a necessity on the long run. We could even hope for a full configuration and mods availability. Having a fixed and defined set of rules for the publics servers is another one. These world should remain separated for balance.
no, the shared public and private servers should have fixed rules, with the addiction of no quality mats on the private ones...
if they want to push private servers, they should allow it to be hosted on my own PC, not pay more for something that should be a feature in the game..

Last edited:
Man.... just compare to same current state game of same genre :

Conan exile, from February to June 2017 was down from 50k to 3k players.

Rust (as some small group FPS game) was in a better state : 50k to 12k in his first half year.

Atlas : 50k to 10k

The exception was Ark survival evolved, who's stayed at a stable 50k player throughout is EA.
What's interesting for this specific title is that on 2020 only, he got a max at 150k and is now down again to 75k. As a finished product, with new content.
I guess there's only steam data in steam charts, and Epic giveaway numbers are not available in the datas.

There's some major IRL event that could explain anything related to ingame population : end of quarantine in many european countries, people going outside for their freetime as it's some hot and clear weather, etc...

Game is loosing players, but i don't think that's a clear indicator that people want PVE/gated pvp nor easiest accessibility to end content. Just that there's not enough content yet ingame, as that take time to develop and deploy.

Man.... just compare to same current state game of same genre :

Conan exile, from February to June 2017 was down from 50k to 3k players.

Rust (as some small group FPS game) was in a better state : 50k to 12k in his first half year.

Atlas : 50k to 10k

The exception was Ark survival evolved, who's stayed at a stable 50k player throughout is EA.
What's interesting for this specific title is that on 2020 only, he got a max at 150k and is now down again to 75k. As a finished product, with new content.
I guess there's only steam data in steam charts, and Epic giveaway numbers are not available in the datas.

There's some major IRL event that could explain anything related to ingame population : end of quarantine in many european countries, people going outside for their freetime as it's some hot and clear weather, etc...

Game is loosing players, but i don't think that's a clear indicator that people want PVE/gated pvp nor easiest accessibility to end content. Just that there's not enough content yet ingame, as that take time to develop and deploy.
read the forums, more than half of the posts are about the zergs, griefing and being zeroed... the part of community that is vocal and want to communicate with the devs... the game have one of the most amazing ideas.. and one of most toxic ones...; I cant understand why pve optional in MEDIUM maps would be so bad for the game, you still have the hardmaps to hunt down players... it would even focus the pvp in one single place instead of needing to hunt down players in every server..

most players I know didn't quit because the game was bad, or basic. they quit because zergs, and being zeroed day in and out. now with the smaller number of tiles, its impossible for a new small party of friends to grown so either they go bow their heads to a big guild, or most probably they quit.. so this is why the game is declining, no new players can stick long enough, and old players get bored because there's is few prey to get...
People say their want to be pirates to get resources.. but the farmers (free ones, out of guilds or in small groups) that should be a big number, to sustain the economy through proxy and market are practically non-existent. why use the market if the big guild can simply command their masses to grind something?

Forum are only the vocals one. We, as a whole, do not know what any of the silent one think or want.

Neither of our own personnal experience or local group are significant at a higher picture.

Personnaly i despise pvp and would be perfectly fine in a massive (free) empty private pve world with only my handfull of irl friends. That's not the point of an MMO game. Moreover if it is advertise as an open-pvp one.

Concept of the game and gameplay balance are the only things that matters.

As long as there is people who want to play in larger group, there's nothing to limit that unless some active ingame moderation and game master. Clan limit ? they'll just make wings. And so on.

In the matter of gatherer sheep and hunter wolf, no-one want to be the bullied. Never. Once in a while at most, but not everytime. So, unless people do not want to be asshole as a whole, there's no real solution here outside of deleting completely pvp.

If there is some safe zone of any type, like "only when i flag on medium i can be pvp-ed", i won't ever be a potential interesting target. Either i'll stay in my safe have, or i try a solo run in a disposable firefly/spider with the bare-minimum to try to get tablets. Hard map aren't necessary to play except for the tablet. So, for pvp-er to enjoy just raiding some easy prey, there's no real solution here, outside of deleting completely safe-pve.

We come down to what's a reasonnable aim of what we could and should be able to do ingame. If some people just want to build something, and other just want to destroy everything, there's no real solution to live and play in the same world.

In minecraft, i enjoy building thing. One of my pal just want to blow everything with tnt. We do not play minecraft together anymore. I still play with my SO who enjoy exploring and farming. Here come the custom server. But again, not the point of MMO game.

Back to LO, people quit because they do not enjoyed the game as much as they wanted to stay, or suddenly had less time to play this specific game. We do not know WHY they quit specificaly. Was that because Last of us part 2 released ? Was that because griefing was too much and they do not want to play on a private pve server ? Was that because they have to spent time with their kids ? etc.

There is many defaults in the game, and devs have to improve the game. It's a necessity. But they should also stay true to their own long sight and desire for the game. Game doesn't even have 6months...

Forum are only the vocals one. We, as a whole, do not know what any of the silent one think or want.

Neither of our own personnal experience or local group are significant at a higher picture.

Personnaly i despise pvp and would be perfectly fine in a massive (free) empty private pve world with only my handfull of irl friends. That's not the point of an MMO game. Moreover if it is advertise as an open-pvp one.

Concept of the game and gameplay balance are the only things that matters.

As long as there is people who want to play in larger group, there's nothing to limit that unless some active ingame moderation and game master. Clan limit ? they'll just make wings. And so on.

In the matter of gatherer sheep and hunter wolf, no-one want to be the bullied. Never. Once in a while at most, but not everytime. So, unless people do not want to be asshole as a whole, there's no real solution here outside of deleting completely pvp.

If there is some safe zone of any type, like "only when i flag on medium i can be pvp-ed", i won't ever be a potential interesting target. Either i'll stay in my safe have, or i try a solo run in a disposable firefly/spider with the bare-minimum to try to get tablets. Hard map aren't necessary to play except for the tablet. So, for pvp-er to enjoy just raiding some easy prey, there's no real solution here, outside of deleting completely safe-pve.

We come down to what's a reasonnable aim of what we could and should be able to do ingame. If some people just want to build something, and other just want to destroy everything, there's no real solution to live and play in the same world.

In minecraft, i enjoy building thing. One of my pal just want to blow everything with tnt. We do not play minecraft together anymore. I still play with my SO who enjoy exploring and farming. Here come the custom server. But again, not the point of MMO game.

Back to LO, people quit because they do not enjoyed the game as much as they wanted to stay, or suddenly had less time to play this specific game. We do not know WHY they quit specificaly. Was that because Last of us part 2 released ? Was that because griefing was too much and they do not want to play on a private pve server ? Was that because they have to spent time with their kids ? etc.

There is many defaults in the game, and devs have to improve the game. It's a necessity. But they should also stay true to their own long sight and desire for the game. Game doesn't even have 6months...
if you read the forum, you will know that more that 10 posts about a entire guild quitting because of zergs, griefing and unnecessary pvp exists,., don't say WE DONT KNOW WHY PEOPLE ARE LEAVING, you know its on the forums. and the other part is leaving because the game is getting boring, because there's inst more players, so there's few maps, and so there's no space to grown..
you say you will never be a desirable target for gank because you will store your things on normal map. but big guilds already do this with the cover of the guild.. so the thing is, it will be fair to everyone, and griefers don't want that.
If you want to say you want to keep the vantage of being able to grief others while you are mostly safe, because you enjoy your clan protection and don't want it to be meaningless, I will understand, you will be part of the cancer that is eating the game, but you have a motive.