Game hit new low... need PVP optional in easy and normal maps

@Hollow Noslen when my 3 members clan could cap a server, i'll let you know, promise.

Note that 99% of our stuff is safely stored in the lobby, and we only use small walker to play (biggest is a stiletto, then a mollusc, both crafting base; we're mostly in firefly or spiders). There's no point in hoarding, we're not frakin dragons. The only thing we store right now, is Q60+ materials, as we try to get some Q80-100 crafting stations and tools, and spare ones to store away.

Tile capping is a broken mechanic.

That's not because there's some abuse that we should make everyone using it. There should have tweaking and balance to remove the abuse. My best hope is that server won't have any maximum number of player cap, and one day we'll see some map with thousands of players in the same battle (and without any lag). I know it's a technological dream right now, but it's imho a better hope than having new gameplay limits and constraints.

We only know what vocals people came say on some little part of the web. We're down 27k players. There's at most some hundreds explaining why they left. For the thousands who don't, it's at best a guess, from anyone, to give a reason.

When i leave a game, whatever the cause, i rarely make a feedback on why. Could be anything from my SO who do not like my waifu gacha addiction, to total disgust from community, through do not liking the art, boring gameplay, too hard for my skill, too time consuming, hard griefing that push me out, bad game design or almost anything possible... It's the same for anyone who did not come explaining why the left... we truly don't know, we could at most make some biased-guessed that will support our opinion.

Are grief a problem ? yes. always. As any bullying in any world.
Are Zerg a problem ? yes and no. Yes has they can and will broke ingame mechanics (tile capping is the evident one). No as they're one perfectly legit way to play a MMO game.
Does the game need some major qol improvement for solo and small group ? i do hope for it.
Does the game need some only pve/pvp-locked space ? i don't think so, there's other and more creative ways.
Should the economy be more important and more well designed and balanced ? yes, certainly.

awenjr

This Devs is PRO zerg there is No counter play!!
1. Sandstorm is Edge of Map is local effect they still can see you from outside.
2. Naked beat stick board your walker? Nope you cannot safe logout.
3. Manage to Run Edge of Map? 1 HIT you cannot logout.
4. Walker wings break and you cannot move on the EDGE of map? no worry zerg can help drag you with harpoon out of zone and loot you.
5. New Solo/Small Group try farm for progression? no worry zerg travel around even in edge just to zeroed you.

How you enjoy this game? join big clan and become their slave, yeah this game is encourage slavery. i hope i can get refund and buy other game.

awenjr

As I have said, for those of you who haven't plaid a game like this before this is normal. If you want a PVP option there are plenty of games out there that already do this. But game liek this and Rust have no place for such a nut-cupper mechanic. Read my suggestion closely and pay close attention to the phrase "...to a server amount...". If a Zerg does what you explained and the mechanic is very server like I explained they would either be forced to leave the tile or die. I'm talking about an exaggerated amount of server water consumption to a degree where leaving or dying are the only options. Some of you act like its not within the realm of possibility to increase this amount. Its a piece of SW, the devs can change this amount if they so desired to a degree I mentioned.
haha indeed, hope i get my refund and buy other game. completely waste of time. hope got axed soon. and yeah i also ask my friend to refund this as well. good luck enjoy your empty desert

awenjr

More "I'm smarter than you" tantrums by someone who isn't skilled enough to play solo/smallscale and wants the game altering to make up for their lack of skills (Social and otherwise).
yeah your so called pro player unemployed no jobs won't pay developer bills. looks SEA OF THIEVES they more focus on PVE now instead of PVP.

and sloop can out maneuver and counter play galleon, can you do that in last oasis ?

awenjr

Optional-PVP would take away form what the game is. Why not go to a game that has such nut-cupping mechanics that exist already.
AND soo called PVP will take away people and take away money. so good luck burn investor money and die soon

awenjr

The game is not dying for the right type of players. Is dying for players that keeps dying and have no idea why they keep dying. This is a full pvp/looting game, just not for everybody. Just like Dark Souls, I hate that game and is not for me because I keep dying and I cant progress. But for LO, it is not that hard to play yet.
Like dark soul ? lol dark soul is easy and you only drop your soul if dead lol, imagine you die and you start from naked?

awenjr

That is why you(Vwithnail) have no idea have lil imagination how to play this game. Too bad for you, honestly this game requires good imagination how to play this game.

1. I play solo/duo all the time.
2. I am in 30+ member clan
3. I play in 2 man clan cap and FFA maps
4. I contribute to the clan in whatever resources they required and fight war beside them.
5. A few of us can craft scmet, tusker, titan and of course the new patch no problem crafting Domus.
6. I am slowly playing together with the clan because there is not much farming to do anymore in solo/duo gameplay.
7. Lost a few walkers, can rebuild it.
8. I have mobile base and grounded support war base if required.
9. I have all Q80+ crafting tables.
10. We are constantly at war and we survived thanks to our leaders able to ensure everything are sufficient and OP.

This game is not for you if you keep whining and complaining, our clan is growing. Recently 1 new member was attacked on a different tile, 3 stilleto and 1 falco rush to assist him and I very sure he is very glad and most of us understands that the clan comes first if we are going to survive in this game. If you cant follow simple instruction how to survive in LO you will only keep complaining while we are happy with the new patch!!!!
solo/duo player but in 30+ member clan ? haha i assume you mentally disabled person. too bad you are just slave and hide your so called contribution.

YourMom

LOL WOW!! Damn awenjr! Your tears are drowning us here! lol!! And your avatar is fantastic!!! Its exactly what I pictured you looking like as you "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

TYME2DYE

YourMom is....... Complicated. He has been in here for days yelling and screaming at us about diffrent things. Sometimes he has a good point but, ends up making himself look like an ass by the end of it. Many have just ignored him. I suggest you don't even bother replying to him either. You have a better chance of getting a stone wall to understand what you are saying.
With a name like "YourMom" how can you even take him seriously?? sounds like a squeaker... contributes nothing but foul mouthed puke... Agree we all should just ignore his ignorance.

awenjr

LOL WOW!! Damn awenjr! Your tears are drowning us here! lol!! And your avatar is fantastic!!! Its exactly what I pictured you looking like as you "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
HAHA I DON'T CARE i HAVE MONEY TO BUY OTHER GAME !!

Better waste your money on loot box than this game. don't support this game.

Maskov

HAHA I DON'T CARE i HAVE MONEY TO BUY OTHER GAME !!

Better waste your money on loot box than this game. don't support this game.
I presume is byebye Awenjr? Hope you enjoy your new game and I think you will not come here to troll u here anymore.
We are enjoying this game so much in SEA with our allies and waging war with 3 clans from China. Today we managed to zeroed their schmetterling and 2 falcos in their map with our allies. Smacked on their face but we know action will be coming soon because we know they will want revenge.
A day earlier, they came with 2 falcos and crippled our 2 stilettos but our base was solid. Fought for 3 hours and it was fun but today we got our message across by zeroing their walkers. I think you need good leaders in clan to create content for the players in clan.
We know in 2 days our map will burn and we anticipate they will strike at that time but that is the amazing part of Last Oasis.
So good bye to you Chinaman@awenjr, sorry that you hated this game so much. Now you can RestInPeace.

awenjr

K
I presume is byebye Awenjr? Hope you enjoy your new game and I think you will not come here to troll u here anymore.
We are enjoying this game so much in SEA with our allies and waging war with 3 clans from China. Today we managed to zeroed their schmetterling and 2 falcos in their map with our allies. Smacked on their face but we know action will be coming soon because we know they will want revenge.
A day earlier, they came with 2 falcos and crippled our 2 stilettos but our base was solid. Fought for 3 hours and it was fun but today we got our message across by zeroing their walkers. I think you need good leaders in clan to create content for the players in clan.
We know in 2 days our map will burn and we anticipate they will strike at that time but that is the amazing part of Last Oasis.
So good bye to you Chinaman@awenjr, sorry that you hated this game so much. Now you can RestInPeace.

Ofc i glad contribute the down trend steam charts. Your so called community already lost 4 people. Good luck finding new player. Haha steam review go bomb i can always go back to dota and sot byeee byee

Rain

some times people just want a safe place to craft and walk with the walkers before being throw into the pvp, Most people that i know that entered a large guild, entered it JUST TO HAVE THAT, and need to be slaved away for the "cause"

Explore more. There are many sneaky spots on the current maps to craft safely. Remember that most people are essentially lazy, and it is annoying to move a big walker into certain places. Use that to your advantage! Some spots are so hidden that I even risk leaving my base out a few days at a time. I am solo and if i ever do join a clan it will be a small one.

Weirdpete

What I really like about the new decorative containers is that they blend in really well and are really small, you can hide thing really really well.

Haxoonie

Yup, I am still here, and I have been keeping a very close eye on this game and, just as I suspected this game is headed for the ol steam grave yard. I could talk about it and voice my opinion more but I have noticed all that gets me is comments from people that clearly think the game is ok in its current state. So lets just take a look at the numbers. If you see this and still think there is no problem, then you need to get off the internet, walk down to your local school, and let them know you need to start over from scratch. Just sayin....

A little over 2 weeks ago
LO 2 weeks.JPG

This is from today
LO today.JPG

Now I wait to hear the excuses come flooding in. I told everyone that when the game was nearly dead I would be back here to point out that I was right about it dying. You know because we had so many people in here bad mouthing us, and telling us how the last 3.6k people playing were the real PVPers. So what are the last 1.9k players then? Oh they must be the real REAL PVPers huh? wonder what will be said when it drops under 1k!!!! XD XD XD XD XD XD

Cpt Custard

Yea I have been watching these numbers too, the loss seems to be speeding up as the game drops below some kind of critical deficit over the last week or so. I suppose as people leave their clans the players still playing login and find nobody online so they log off too and play something else.

I dunno what to say tbh the devs must be feeling it. If it does die I hope they go back to the drawing board for a few months and do a re-release taking into account what went wrong this time around. Whether they have 'learned' what direction the game needs is another question though as they didn't seem to understand what it needed in the first place.

Last edited:
Empty meaning chart with no explication nor clear analysis are just empty meaning chart.

What we could only assert from them is that the game has less concurrent players than before.

If you take any survival mmo game in early access (ark is the exception in this case), there is some similar curve on the same time period at launch of the game.

Ark is the exception as this specific game has achieved to keep a large and stable amount of player over time. I think Ark has always had private instance of the game for solo player on local host, but i'm not sure. That could explain this difference (solo game =/= mmo game by essence).

We can't define for sure that the game is dying (other survival like RUST have succeed in getting more players after a while).
We can't say that this game will succeed.
We certainly can't know why people stopped playing.

Weirdpete

Ark also ran independent "survival of the fittest" challenges to keep interest up and had 4 development teams working on it xp
They are the same genre, but they had events from the start and backing.
The numbers are dead low right now, which could prompt a death spiral, it is a worry.
But I don't think their development funding will be impacted, I get the feeling that DC was bankrolled by investors.