Game hit new low... need PVP optional in easy and normal maps

VWithnail

So let's give everyone a magic wand and a time machine :

How many players does Last Oasis have now in your alternate reality, and why do you think?

Linkded

Lately this game feels less like pvp and more like lord of the flies considering 85% of the ganking is overly disproportional, had 6 clanies swamping 1 guy because somewhere down the line 1 of his clanmates 0'd one of ours of which he had no awareness. As he was speaking I got a real sense of how odd people can b within group mentality, but also a lack of alternate avenues creates can make this so. It may have been an even measure but it was far from fair and it stoked some internal debate.
Yes this is survival based, but the only true reward is when u escape or win an evenly matched battle. I figured piracy would b fun but it's actually not because people suffer hits to their morale unless it's their first day and everything's new. They dont roleplay to any degree, they complain and squeal and make it feel more like bullying, which is not far from the truth of it.

There needs to be more reason for community based progression, not simply events. Piracy cannot b performed in a fun manner as is, the little guys always get fk'd and rightfully complain, disproportional battles should be balanced by point systems, and upon reaching a high/low score should light the perpetrators up on all maps for a humbling period to prevent abuse and effect their water supply, or downright prevent them from leaving a zone for a lengthy period.

I really hope they dont bail on this, tonnes of potential if only the foresight.

A loss

At this point, im happy if i can make one ship insurable, so when its zeroed it spawn back in the dust after some time, with is mods and quality.. (and maybe the crafting tables with a flag showing that it wont drop resources when deconstruted and cant be put on another player base , or diferent walker). 80% of the resources goes to the walker, and people zeroing it just for the fun is what hurts more the solo player.. if we lost only the resources in it, but after some time got back the walker and the crafting tables on it. it would balance the zeroing because now the walker respawn would be as inexpensive as the fire arrows used to zero it..

also my original prediction of the game dying because there inst any changes continues, the game will die around the same time when new world releases ....

Attachments

Last edited:

VWithnail

At this point, im happy if i can make one ship insurable, so when its zeroed it spawn back in the dust after some time, with is mods and quality.. (and maybe the crafting tables with a flag showing that it wont drop resources when deconstruted and cant be put on another player base , or diferent walker). 80% of the resources goes to the walker, and people zeroing it just for the fun is what hurts more the solo player.. if we lost only the resources in it, but after some time got back the walker and the crafting tables on it. it would balance the zeroing because now the walker respawn would be as inexpensive as the fire arrows used to zero it..
The issue with this is that it makes redundant the need to farm for ships for anyone other than solos. Even small clans of 5-10 members could insure a walker each and its 5-10 Q80 walkers, stuffed with modules. What do they then need to farm for? How would you make the cost of the insurance something that gets people out into the world to play without making it so punitive that it's pointless?

There are three reasons to grind at the minute - Character progression, Consumables Production (Kits, Bolts, pots, hammers etc) and Ship Production. You're proposing to more or less eliminate one of those reasons to farm materials for anyone other than players who are solo/duo. Everyone else would have enough insured ships that unless they're losing 10 ships a night, they're not going to need to build any. If they're losing 10 ships a night as a clan, the mechanics of the game aren't the problem.

The issue with this is that it makes redundant the need to farm for ships for anyone other than solos. Even small clans of 5-10 members could insure a walker each and its 5-10 Q80 walkers, stuffed with modules. What do they then need to farm for? How would you make the cost of the insurance something that gets people out into the world to play without making it so punitive that it's pointless?

There are three reasons to grind at the minute - Character progression, Consumables Production (Kits, Bolts, pots, hammers etc) and Ship Production. You're proposing to more or less eliminate one of those reasons to farm materials for anyone other than players who are solo/duo. Everyone else would have enough insured ships that unless they're losing 10 ships a night, they're not going to need to build any. If they're losing 10 ships a night as a clan, the mechanics of the game aren't the problem.
if they don't need to farm new ships, they can focus in other things, the greatest fear of people inst losing their gear or mats, its losing their ships, it gives no advantage to anyone zeroing a ship, but this community is so toxic they do it for the lulz. so a insurance (and I say this like a protection to one ship, with a increase in time each spawn, resetting per day) to make people lose the fear of not playing to not lose their walkers. if I could walk anywhere with my smitherling with collector mods, I would, if I lost everything in it but got it back after 15 min, even without anything else besides the walker and the mods, I wont care about it, and continue to play. there would be more people in the game, for the sake of fighting or exploring.

for big guilds mats don't matter, they have proxies.. for small guilds or solo, it take so long to build a walker, then equip one self then go to pvp that it discorages anyone getting zeroed.
with this at least you would still have your walker and maybe the crafting tables on top of the walker, solo players could try to advance past the single stealth, and maybe pvp a little.

awenjr

Yup, I am still here, and I have been keeping a very close eye on this game and, just as I suspected this game is headed for the ol steam grave yard. I could talk about it and voice my opinion more but I have noticed all that gets me is comments from people that clearly think the game is ok in its current state. So lets just take a look at the numbers. If you see this and still think there is no problem, then you need to get off the internet, walk down to your local school, and let them know you need to start over from scratch. Just sayin....

A little over 2 weeks ago
View attachment 469

This is from today
View attachment 470

Now I wait to hear the excuses come flooding in. I told everyone that when the game was nearly dead I would be back here to point out that I was right about it dying. You know because we had so many people in here bad mouthing us, and telling us how the last 3.6k people playing were the real PVPers. So what are the last 1.9k players then? Oh they must be the real REAL PVPers huh? wonder what will be said when it drops under 1k!!!! XD XD XD XD XD XD

Hahah see glad i already quit from 3k player. Now already 1.9k hahahah exactly 30k people have same opinion as me. Empty desert not stonk

awenjr

Hahah steam chart go brrrr..
I contribute this downtren..
Yeahhh..

awenjr

Empty meaning chart with no explication nor clear analysis are just empty meaning chart.

What we could only assert from them is that the game has less concurrent players than before.

If you take any survival mmo game in early access (ark is the exception in this case), there is some similar curve on the same time period at launch of the game.

Ark is the exception as this specific game has achieved to keep a large and stable amount of player over time. I think Ark has always had private instance of the game for solo player on local host, but i'm not sure. That could explain this difference (solo game =/= mmo game by essence).

We can't define for sure that the game is dying (other survival like RUST have succeed in getting more players after a while).
We can't say that this game will succeed.
We certainly can't know why people stopped playing.
Rust is now more pve and have safe zone.

I feels bad for you. You lost the grasps of reality and very delusional.

Bankaru

if they don't need to farm new ships, they can focus in other things, the greatest fear of people inst losing their gear or mats, its losing their ships, it gives no advantage to anyone zeroing a ship, but this community is so toxic they do it for the lulz. so a insurance (and I say this like a protection to one ship, with a increase in time each spawn, resetting per day) to make people lose the fear of not playing to not lose their walkers. if I could walk anywhere with my smitherling with collector mods, I would, if I lost everything in it but got it back after 15 min, even without anything else besides the walker and the mods, I wont care about it, and continue to play. there would be more people in the game, for the sake of fighting or exploring.

for big guilds mats don't matter, they have proxies.. for small guilds or solo, it take so long to build a walker, then equip one self then go to pvp that it discorages anyone getting zeroed.
with this at least you would still have your walker and maybe the crafting tables on top of the walker, solo players could try to advance past the single stealth, and maybe pvp a little.
I didn't read from page 1 so forgive me if this was already mentioned...

How about if you can insure 1 ship per clan. And a solo person is counted as a clan.That way each solo can insure 1 ship and clans can't have a stockpile insured ships.

I've never had a ship completely destroyed but when that eventually happens I'll probably be more sympathetic to the cause. I also don't have any hi quality ships yet.

I didn't read from page 1 so forgive me if this was already mentioned...

How about if you can insure 1 ship per clan. And a solo person is counted as a clan.That way each solo can insure 1 ship and clans can't have a stockpile insured ships.

I've never had a ship completely destroyed but when that eventually happens I'll probably be more sympathetic to the cause. I also don't have any hi quality ships yet.
I don't think it will work well because then people wont play with friends.. 1 ship per account is good, if its a factory ship you will need to build smaller ones to farm, if its a small one, you will need a big one as factory hidden. big guilds already have a surplus of ships.. and remember, it ensures the ship, the mods, upgrades and maybe crafting tables.. you still need to gather water to travel, and basic equipment to fight, plus ammo, so it wont be effective to keep deploying it to a fight, only if you want to use ram tactics..

Bankaru

I don't think it will work well because then people wont play with friends.. 1 ship per account is good, if its a factory ship you will need to build smaller ones to farm, if its a small one, you will need a big one as factory hidden. big guilds already have a surplus of ships.. and remember, it ensures the ship, the mods, upgrades and maybe crafting tables.. you still need to gather water to travel, and basic equipment to fight, plus ammo, so it wont be effective to keep deploying it to a fight, only if you want to use ram tactics..
When you say people won't play with friends is that because you believe people will forego being in a clan so they can have 1 of their own ships insured? That would surprise me.

I don't understand the point you're making beginning with "big guilds already have a surplus..." Is the point that big guilds are still in a better position than solos? Of course they are! But this change would probably have a net benefit help solos/small groups a solo more.

Maskov

Look at the bright side, you can relax and do other things rather consistently playing this game.
We are getting hunted by a large Chinese clans and in order to keep the pace with our enemies, we have to keep on grinding continuously. It is getting tired, maps are not spawning fast enough. We can't build base on land and we have been travelling nomads for nearly a week.
We playing under the radar to rebuild our strength, every time we take planted a proxies China clans will zerg our map. Only proxy walkers are gone but our large expensive ones are still there. We still hit them back using the hit-run tactics but we are not bringing out our expensive walkers to fight 50+ players. We now have to choose our battles wisely, previously we will hit no matter what the circumstances but now the 4 clans from China has now merged to form Go Too See By BQ and they love to sent ESP scouts onto any trade station to check positions of all walkers and will let their mates know. They will spawned at nearby position to hit those walkers.
This game has become more of a commitment to stay afloat to counter large zerging groups and ESP hackers. Right now, I will just farm fragments with my falco in the desert, not going to risk going into the oasis to farm for quality resources. It is just too risky and will get bored very soon.

Lucid

It's interesting to see the change of dynamics for all the previous players who were telling others to go find another game if they were unhappy with the circumstances. So as they once said, maybe this just isn't the right game for them either. ;)

Rain

@Hollow Noslen and @VWithnail
What if walkers wear out over time? That would be a fourth reason to grind. Would that be enough to overcome your concerns (VWithnail) about Hollow's insurance idea?

Also the tiles are so crowded right now and the threat of ESP so great, I haven't logged a walker into a tile in weeks-- just riding the burn. But I've been practicing a lot of swinging from trees!

@Hollow Noslen and @VWithnail
What if walkers wear out over time? That would be a fourth reason to grind. Would that be enough to overcome your concerns (VWithnail) about Hollow's insurance idea?

Also the tiles are so crowded right now and the threat of ESP so great, I haven't logged a walker into a tile in weeks-- just riding the burn. But I've been practicing a lot of swinging from trees!
I'm better with needing to pay resources to market to reduce spawn time.. this maybe will make people farm flots and them buy the resources in the market to respawn the ship. makin commerce a thing. also the greatest problem I have is, you farm a lot to make a Q ship and mod it, and when it is zeroed. the effort to zero it is insignificant compared to the effort to build it. and if they get to you you have zero chances of running away. plus the ESP hacks and you are screwed... people quit after losing their fav walker, not because they lost equipment or resources..