Is the world ending?

DeadNutZ

i ask cause i can literally see 20 tiles tall (it used to be like 60 maybe even more at start) only for the us east servers, just its shrinking so bad everyone is crowded with each other and no other place to go with low pop.

Last edited:

Cpt Custard

Well, it's down to 1500 peak per 24hrs how many people are playing in your server location will be much less than that.

Assuming you play in peak hours at your location and there are six server locations and that some players will also be on private servers you are probably looking at 200 or less players at peak hours in any location and if they are spread across 20 tiles that's 10 people per tile evenly distributed. Non peak take a 3rd off these numbers.

You can see why they are shrinking the 'world'

Last edited:

ZtyX

I don't care why. A big reason why I quit was the shrinking. The game didnt feel epic, endless and full of opportunities anymore. It felt like there were zergs trying to defend/take tiles wherever you would go. I had fought for my section of the world and pushed clans away. Now my section just vanished. Fuck that.

My clan needed a break but there was nowhere to go and rebuild in peace or similar size, so we quit.

lol wut? "Fought for my section and pushed clans away." - "Didn't feel epic, endless."

Am confused.

Is it that you just want your tile back? Or that you don't want to have to fight other clans for a tile? Or that you don't want to do so with every new tile that comes out??

Because, my dude, I've got bad news for you.

The burns not going anywhere. Everything is temporary. This is Last Oasis.
If you want a tile to yourself, that goes away when YOU want it, get a private server.

Cpt Custard

Think he might be referring to the fact that as the pop goes down there were fewer and fewer tiles and it made the game feel small with fewer opportunities for smaller clans to take a tile.

TYME2DYE

broken pvp mechanics caters to the 1% who like the easy mode raiding. The 99% have left because of the broken mechanic and the lack of response from devs to fix the ESP exploit..

Population drops, less servers needed, more cheating bastards get pushed closer to your tile.. Now 20 or less tiles tall and any one can go round the world in a few hops.. Game died when Devs prioritized furniture over playability

Rekrn123

lol wut? "Fought for my section and pushed clans away." - "Didn't feel epic, endless."

Am confused.

Is it that you just want your tile back? Or that you don't want to have to fight other clans for a tile? Or that you don't want to do so with every new tile that comes out??

Because, my dude, I've got bad news for you.

The burns not going anywhere. Everything is temporary. This is Last Oasis.
If you want a tile to yourself, that goes away when YOU want it, get a private server.
If they want their game to survive an come back to life the burn needs to be removed as a core mechanic. Period. If they refuse to do that then they are just signing their own death certificate. As a mechanic is simply does not work as they originally intended or envisioned it to. If they are too stubborn to realize that then they deserve to fail.

TYME2DYE

If they want their game to survive an come back to life the burn needs to be removed as a core mechanic. Period. If they refuse to do that then they are just signing their own death certificate. As a mechanic is simply does not work as they originally intended or envisioned it to. If they are too stubborn to realize that then they deserve to fail.
I must disagree with your opinion.. It is a unique feature that allows for the soft wiping of old unwanted ingame items such as left over defunct bases and walkers. It also allows for physical server maintenance which otherwise would require downtime or diminished performance of the server cluster.
As for the effects of the burn on the player base in game, I think it's a great mechanic to keep the world fresh and continuing to provide new, but familiar, land to explore. Maybe a 10 day burn is too short, maybe 14 or 15 days maybe better but if the burn is too long then it will marginally defeat the purpose of the burn - The intended purpose, to keep nomads moving and being nomads. Spending a month on a tile will allow people to make it a home instead of a passing though scenario.
There are much more pressing issues the devs need to address and i doubt the burn time is anywhere near the top of the list, though i agree it should be revisited.

Rekrn123

I must disagree with your opinion.. It is a unique feature that allows for the soft wiping of old unwanted ingame items such as left over defunct bases and walkers. It also allows for physical server maintenance which otherwise would require downtime or diminished performance of the server cluster.
As for the effects of the burn on the player base in game, I think it's a great mechanic to keep the world fresh and continuing to provide new, but familiar, land to explore. Maybe a 10 day burn is too short, maybe 14 or 15 days maybe better but if the burn is too long then it will marginally defeat the purpose of the burn - The intended purpose, to keep nomads moving and being nomads. Spending a month on a tile will allow people to make it a home instead of a passing though scenario.
There are much more pressing issues the devs need to address and i doubt the burn time is anywhere near the top of the list, though i agree it should be revisited.
People quit because they didn't like the burn. Period. It was poorly implemented and a failed concept in general. It is the quintessential example as an un fun game mechanic. The majority of people have lives and jobs and don't have the time or inclination to log on and move everything every other day. People were spending more time moving than building or farming which is a major problem. Not to mention moving is when you are most vulnerable and losing everything because you are forced to move is a huge problem.

Bare minimum it should be a 30 day timer. I can gurnatee if they did this early on the amount of players they hemorrhaged after implementing the burn would have been vastly reduced. There are other major game balance and flaring flaws in the game but he failed burn mechanic is the number one reason people stopped playing.

Rain

I think 15-20 days would be about right. I agree with @TYME2DYE that the burn is overall a good thing. It's what keeps us all moving. But I also think @Rekrn123 is right that the shortish burn we have (remember, it WAS even shorter at 7 days!!) has really done a lot of harm to the player base. It's very hard to develop any kind of relationship with anyone, so forget trade, forget making new friends, even forget figuring out that X player from Y clan is someone to avoid. The burn is so fast you'll never see people again. Especially if you take a break and now are riding the burn. You end up on a different tile every day without ever moving a walker.

VWithnail

The thing about being Nomads etc as a core game mechanic - constant movement only works as a fun game mechanic if movement is actually... fun.

And it isn't. Getting sand out of gears and farming water are the only parts of it you actually do in the world, the rest of it is done in the menu. Neither of those things are fun in and of themselves, so making them become MORE of how people have to spend in-game time, rather than less is a bit of a fail tbh.

I would much rather a once per month soft wipe via a burn instead of the constant gradual move.

motor

During this time, RUST has done: Cars, cloning, fishing, rooftops and more.
Last Oasis did nothing! What the players asked for.
Private servers are shit!

lol, you realize how long Rust has been out, right?

I remember when they first added dicks to that game.

Its not a good comparison Motor, though I'm glad you found yourself capable of immediately walking back from that absurd "No Burn!!" stance of yours.

TYME2DYE

The 7 day burn was too short, it was a pain in the ass, every day you were planning your next move, yes it sucked.
10 day burn is better, now you would move every 2-3 days, i think 14-15 would be ideal.
30 days would defeat the purpose of the burn.
You are supposed to be nomadic, you are supposed to be moving often.
You are not supposed to have 10 ships b/c then the burn is a pain in the ass to move all those ships.
Devs even gave you a bone and allow you to "favorite" 5 ships that will not burn and will move to another tile if they are on a burn tile.

No, removing or extending burn to 30 days WILL NOT bring people back. Fixing the PVP balance will. The burn is not perfect by far but the PVP balance if a major issue and the force driving players away. The game is constantly under 1k k players now b/c no one wants to spend the time grinding only to lose what they earned in 10 mins

There needs to be a cycle to it, instead its grind or get ground all the time 24/7. Its more dependably profitable to just slap a trash-dingy together and go hunt farmers than it is to farm.

Its easy to farm, its too easy to farm farmers.