Feedback Last Oasis current situation and players that are used to this game are getting bored.

Weirdpete

There's a bit of hypocrisy in calling a game "unfair, in it's genetic code" and then turning around and asking for a means to protect your stuff from asshole players.
Which is what it is, asshole players.
This is like those people that want to claim that everything about our zerging tactics are just right and proper but that dude fleeing on the grapple is just so unfair.
Nah man, if you're going to claim that the game is just as inteneded, own it, and the mechanics it already has, otherwise you gotta understand other perspectives here too.

Amra

LO is hard-core, therefore who loses everything more than once (noobs) are destined to abandon the game, it's the way of survival games. In Rust players come back after a month thanks to cycle-wipes, here they might come back thanks to new content, which is being produced slowly. Also, survival games are meant to be unfair, it's in their genetic code, big fish will always, undoubtedly, eat small fishes. The devs could help in this situation where mega-clans are (and will be forever) the meta, by increasing or improving the ways to protect our belongings from insiders (or yoinkers), this way more and more noobs would join larger groups and finally understand how fun and careless this game can be.
Yes, I want to play a game unfair, this is why, every games improove right ? It took 8 years to ballance coh1, 8 years for an rts, company of heroes. And when germans where imba, guys like you said this kind of thing : yeah it is imba, i dont care I use it until it is not anymore....

You say the same

Maskov

I think the people at Donkey Crew loves this game as much as we do. The point is this game has no save points like other games. A mistake you took 10mins ago might destroy what you have been grinding for weeks or months. The save point for this game is continue farming for quality mats so that you will have so much resources that you can rebuild anytime and that is why surviving players mostly have problems managing their materials in multiple walkers because it is just too many of them because we all know when we bring out our walkers it can be totally destroyed.
In clans, it is also the same thing where we continuously farm to fuel our war machines and we need to overwhelmed them with firepower. It is about quantity and not quality.
Honestly, this game is not for everyone. I've come to conclusion about this game and there will no PVE maps.(I've been arguing for a PVE maps long time ago but was bombarded by git gud comments) and getting stuff destroyed in minutes.
I will continue to play this game as long as there are PVP action and new content. Trust me, I am farmer too in this game with maybe 800+ hours in it and if PVE is about farming and building walkers, screw this boring game, its better for me to play building simulator.

Weirdpete

I think PvE options would ultimately be more enjoyable than just PvP personally.
Even really large scale PvP battles seem boring if you would compare then to the idea of an extended battle vs a pair of giant sand worms for example.
I just think it'll come later, the game is fairly young. I just hope it has time to get more development in and make a turn around.

Haxoonie

I think the people at Donkey Crew loves this game as much as we do. The point is this game has no save points like other games. A mistake you took 10mins ago might destroy what you have been grinding for weeks or months. The save point for this game is continue farming for quality mats so that you will have so much resources that you can rebuild anytime and that is why surviving players mostly have problems managing their materials in multiple walkers because it is just too many of them because we all know when we bring out our walkers it can be totally destroyed.
In clans, it is also the same thing where we continuously farm to fuel our war machines and we need to overwhelmed them with firepower. It is about quantity and not quality.
Honestly, this game is not for everyone. I've come to conclusion about this game and there will no PVE maps.(I've been arguing for a PVE maps long time ago but was bombarded by git gud comments) and getting stuff destroyed in minutes.
I will continue to play this game as long as there are PVP action and new content. Trust me, I am farmer too in this game with maybe 800+ hours in it and if PVE is about farming and building walkers, screw this boring game, its better for me to play building simulator.
Yeah quality is what kills my solo play love for this game. I am a solo player, always have been. I play Rust solo and love it. I do not hate losing stuff, even to zergs when it was my fault and should have known better. But I will NEVER farm quality, because every time I try I always get sacked before I can bank it in my lobby walker. When I do manage to get enough back to make a decent quality walker I never want tot take it out of lobby, in fear of it getting zeroed. I don't have an incentive to farm it just to lose it. I love this game and want to keep playing it. I just don't want to join large clans or zergs. I don't take orders well, never will. I think they need to work on small ways (while not adding PVE mechanics) that will give solo player a want to play again.

Edit: To the people who have seen me fighting for PVE in LO. I changed my mine. I really see no way to add PVE to the game without it ruining the full loot experience of the game. I know many of you will be upset by this but, hear me out. I have been playing a bit more solo and in the time I have played I have understood the things many of the people were mentioning as to why PVE won't work and will only hinder PVP if implemented into the game. It's not the end of the world. The developers need to get their asses in here and talk with us to come up with a plan for the future of this game, that much is true.

Yeah quality is what kills my solo play love for this game. I am a solo player, always have been. I play Rust solo and love it. I do not hate losing stuff, even to zergs when it was my fault and should have known better. But I will NEVER farm quality, because every time I try I always get sacked before I can bank it in my lobby walker. When I do manage to get enough back to make a decent quality walker I never want tot take it out of lobby, in fear of it getting zeroed. I don't have an incentive to farm it just to lose it. I love this game and want to keep playing it. I just don't want to join large clans or zergs. I don't take orders well, never will. I think they need to work on small ways (while not adding PVE mechanics) that will give solo player a want to play again.

Edit: To the people who have seen me fighting for PVE in LO. I changed my mine. I really see no way to add PVE to the game without it ruining the full loot experience of the game. I know many of you will be upset by this but, hear me out. I have been playing a bit more solo and in the time I have played I have understood the things many of the people were mentioning as to why PVE won't work and will only hinder PVP if implemented into the game. It's not the end of the world. The developers need to get their asses in here and talk with us to come up with a plan for the future of this game, that much is true.
open a secondary public server with PVE on normal maps pvp on hard ones, and hulls protected from being zeroed for casual players. and let the current one open so hardcore players can keep playing their masochist ways. this way it can please both the hardcore survival gamers and the casual ones

Jeon

There's a bit of hypocrisy in calling a game "unfair, in it's genetic code" and then turning around and asking for a means to protect your stuff from asshole players.
Which is what it is, asshole players.
This is like those people that want to claim that everything about our zerging tactics are just right and proper but that dude fleeing on the grapple is just so unfair.
Nah man, if you're going to claim that the game is just as inteneded, own it, and the mechanics it already has, otherwise you gotta understand other perspectives here too.
It's not hypocrisy, i was talking about two different things. Unfairness is ok, lack of means to customize or create new clan ranks is another thing. Unfairness is the first brick of any survival game, the lack of features is literally the missing bricks. Insiders are often sent from other clans to create confusion behind enemy lines before or during a war; I personally don't have problems with them in my clan, but I've read on Reddit and here that many clans have stopped playing because they were hit too hard by them, could it be an intended mechanic from the devs? It might, some mega clans are hard to destabilize. Is this mechanic hard to balance/fix? Imho it is not, it doesn't require much brain, it's just a ranking system lack of features.
And about flying rats, they are not unfair at all, they require lot of skill and stress control to be able to do their job, one simple mistake and they go back to beatsticks; perfectly acceptable imho.

Amra

It's not hypocrisy, i was talking about two different things. Unfairness is ok, lack of means to customize or create new clan ranks is another thing. Unfairness is the first brick of any survival game, the lack of features is literally the missing bricks. Insiders are often sent from other clans to create confusion behind enemy lines before or during a war; I personally don't have problems with them in my clan, but I've read on Reddit and here that many clans have stopped playing because they were hit too hard by them, could it be an intended mechanic from the devs? It might, some mega clans are hard to destabilize. Is this mechanic hard to balance/fix? Imho it is not, it doesn't require much brain, it's just a ranking system lack of features.
And about flying rats, they are not unfair at all, they require lot of skill and stress control to be able to do their job, one simple mistake and they go back to beatsticks; perfectly acceptable imho.
A ranking system in last oasis ? What do you smoke dude ?

Seven Proxies

I play in a big big clan and we're never bored, sometimes we raid other big clans, sometimes we're raided, our discord channel is healthy and used to share plans and warnings; we've got plenty of action each day, be it against rats or invaders, in-clan duels, quick raids, exploring to find targets, mega wars... Both that we win or lose (even greatly sometimes) we're back again the next day and new "content" shows up. Mind merging with the local mega clan (if they are not terrible human beings), action will show up
By yout own admission, you play in Uganda. And considering how many members Uganda have dropped over the last few weeks, I'd say your clan is getting pretty bored.

TYME2DYE

I am actually getting tired of saying this but if there is no balance in pvp and this game continues to be 1 sided in favor of attackers then that is all that will be left. The pirate will either have to farm themselves or leave as well due to lack of "content"
Yes Clan permissions is sorely needed, customizable that is. But, there is a lot more important balance needed to save the game. PVE only maps are not the answer, as nice as it sounds to have a place to be safe it would actually severely neuter or destroy pvp.. You as a farmer will NEVER be able to go to a hard map b/c the instant you spawn in you will be swarmed by gankers bored and waiting for a kill... if you should survive the log in and farm, you will never make it out as again you will be swarmed and ganked.

Jeon

I don't know about the opinion of the whole clan, but from the discord I'd say there always plenty adventure for us. The discord channels are full almost at all times, you could login in the morning, late at night... Anytime really, there's action, be it in EU or NA. We even had the new lava map which was a refreshing battleground. I can't tell you about my clan effective condition in the last few days since I'm on vacation, on the sea, for another ten or more days, some of my mates could be "on the same boat". From my experience I can tell Uganda is pretty good at fighting boredom. Let me check... Yep, discord is seemingly full even now

Seven Proxies

I am actually getting tired of saying this but if there is no balance in pvp and this game continues to be 1 sided in favor of attackers then that is all that will be left. The pirate will either have to farm themselves or leave as well due to lack of "content"
Yes Clan permissions is sorely needed, customizable that is. But, there is a lot more important balance needed to save the game. PVE only maps are not the answer, as nice as it sounds to have a place to be safe it would actually severely neuter or destroy pvp.. You as a farmer will NEVER be able to go to a hard map b/c the instant you spawn in you will be swarmed by gankers bored and waiting for a kill... if you should survive the log in and farm, you will never make it out as again you will be swarmed and ganked.
But the PvP doesn't exclusively favor the attacker.

Just ask the people in full iron armour and iron weapons getting attacked by people in brittle bone armour and bone weapons.