Suggestion Nature fights back, a page from Factorio

Weirdpete

My suggestion, in short, is that as a tile become more crowded, and more resources are destroyed, that the spawn rate of certain mobs becomes higher in the active zones.
Take your otherwise basically moving farming resources and make them a genuine nuisance or threat, something you have to navigate and survive.
AI could be tweaked to move into areas that are the largest offenders and attempt to attack players and structures.
Medium maps this could be Nurrs, or Killin. on Hard maps at the extreme end this could involve pissing off an Okkam.

So why?
Right now the biggest exploit/cheat used is tile capping.
This in itself is often not active players, but just a ton of people that logged out on the map/idle.
However, due to limitations of server setup, a fix really isn't to increase the population.
If you make the creatures present of the map attack an area that gets too crowded, or tapped too much, not only does it make your map seem more alive, but it makes these exploit mechanics dangerous, and generally unusable, most likely clearing slots in the process.

Weirdpete

I'd say it actually ramps up slower but earlier than that.
But essentially, yeah. If activity on a tile gets close or at the cap, or resource collection is too high, even.
Mobs spawn close to the offending area and attack nearby players and structures.
I also wouldn't put a worm in the area, that seems like it should be a rarer thing, but Nurrs, Killins, Okkam

Weirdpete

I was thinking that, but if the worm was otherwise a rare event, with those rare worm scales, capping tiles to force proc it in anticipation to farm it would more likely be the result instead of waiting for event tiles.
Chitin might be semi rare, but if they do kill the attacking mobs those winbacks would not necessarily recoup losses.

Amra

Are you still suggesting something about clan cap ? It is still not fixed ? If not, don't loose too much time to fix it. I saw the recent patch note, i am not going back.

Weirdpete

I doubt tile capping will ever get a "fix" because it's a mechanic of the tile server arrangement itself.
But I'm not a Dev, I have no control over the development of the game. So You do You xp

Rain

i like this idea but maybe the additional monsters that spawn in this situation drop less resources than the normal spawns, to keep clans from purposely capping just to spawn more of them maybe

Weirdpete

Considering that a Killin could swoop in and kill an idle player that's only on the map to take the slot, without anyone noticing, you might not even have to worry about it.

Jeon

You can't idle out in the wild, you can auto-run inside a building with the proper amount of water on you. If you stand still you get kicked after a while. This suggestion is interesting because it would add something to the game, but I sincerely doubt it would address anything related to server capping.

Weirdpete

When you stand still, and get kicked, far as I am aware, that leaves your toon exposed though right? You the player are gone, but you lonely character might still just be there

Jeon

I was afraid of joining a truly big clan, but it was actually the cherry on top of the cake for me, the missing piece of experience in LO. The tile cap part of it is the only downside I noticed; couple times I remained stuck in the queue for even couple hours, lucky for me I was able to run other games, doing other stuff, while waiting.

Amra

I was afraid of joining a truly big clan, but it was actually the cherry on top of the cake for me, the missing piece of experience in LO. The tile cap part of it is the only downside I noticed; couple times I remained stuck in the queue for even couple hours, lucky for me I was able to run other games, doing other stuff, while waiting.
So it is the adapt or die right ? Peak players is around 2100 players now. It seems a lot died.

VWithnail

So it is the adapt or die right ? Peak players is around 2100 players now. It seems a lot died.
Or they've exhausted the limited available content and are playing other things? A lot of players, particularly because of quarantine, have absolutely sucked the marrow from the bones of LO.