Suggestion New Building: Rupu Screamer

EvilSmoo

So the turret is a Rupu tied to a throwing...thing.

This would be simpler: A Rupu lashed to a pole. About the footprint of a ballista probably, maybe a bit taller, I don't see any reason it would need to be non-walker like the thrower, it would just scream when people get near and on the walker. It doesn't DO anything by itself.

Screams when non-clan (non-alliance when that's ready). Doesn't do much else, doesn't really NEED to. Just an audio alert of where an enemy is, perhaps some kind of visual highlight as well?

As far as walkers, it could just outright notify the owner in chat or with a popup, when enemies get near the walker, and notify them again when they're ON the walker? So, notification that people are messing with your boat if you're away from it for some reason.

For bases, perhaps a ring of spaced out Rupu screamers, and there's a visual glow or something when an enemy runs or glides past.

VWithnail

I'd give it about 8 minutes before you deconstructed them all because some naked spastic was swinging through them to annoy you and had no intention of ever leaving :p

EvilSmoo

I'd give it about 8 minutes before you deconstructed them all because some naked spastic was swinging through them to annoy you and had no intention of ever leaving :p
Well, that's a separate issue, isn't it?

This isn't really addressing how easy it is to naked grief. It's not supposed to, either.

I dunno, maybe rupu turrets could become more effective over time or something. I did post a separate idea about that.

VWithnail

Well, that's a separate issue, isn't it?

This isn't really addressing how easy it is to naked grief. It's not supposed to, either.

I dunno, maybe rupu turrets could become more effective over time or something. I did post a separate idea about that.
It's not a separate issue though. A big part of why a lot of extra-security suggestions are coming up on the forum is to limit in-game bullying, where guys will pick out a weaker target and kill them purely and precisely because they know it will annoy the victim. In games where there is no limit on PVP and no system built to moderate or make the combat fair : the first thing that needs to be thought about is - "If I put this [new tech] into the hands of the guys who want to ruin the game for others, what will they do with it?"

A lot of guys prone to being bullied in these games will quit anyway, but of the players that we can retain and who stand a chance of enjoying things : it's our responsibility to limit the capacity for destructive trolling whilst being able to keep the core of the game that attracted us in the first place.

Putting an object in the game expressly for the purpose of making an annoying noise is a bad idea, imo :p Enemies would build them around your proxies, around your bases etc etc

EvilSmoo

It's not a separate issue though. A big part of why a lot of extra-security suggestions are coming up on the forum is to limit in-game bullying, where guys will pick out a weaker target and kill them purely and precisely because they know it will annoy the victim. In games where there is no limit on PVP and no system built to moderate or make the combat fair : the first thing that needs to be thought about is - "If I put this [new tech] into the hands of the guys who want to ruin the game for others, what will they do with it?"

A lot of guys prone to being bullied in these games will quit anyway, but of the players that we can retain and who stand a chance of enjoying things : it's our responsibility to limit the capacity for destructive trolling whilst being able to keep the core of the game that attracted us in the first place.

Putting an object in the game expressly for the purpose of making an annoying noise is a bad idea, imo :p Enemies would build them around your proxies, around your bases etc etc
Oh, I thought it was obvious that they would be soft, and not a large amount of up.

If someone builds then near your stuff, you just smash them with a few bolts or a saw or axe or something.

They're alarms so you know someone is nearby, nothing more. So you don't have to use them if you don't want.

RevirTV

I already posted a suggestion like this. Where players could place Rupu scouts, and they'd simply send a message to the clan that owns the tile if someone came within their "sight" range.