Suggestion PvE Tiles to allow replenishment of forces (Tiles with PvP disabled)

Bard

We need tiles which are PvP locked so that once a clan is broken in battle, their walkers burnt, their amassed stockpiles looted, they would at least have a safe haven to retreat to where they can rebuild and restock. Currently, once a clan war ends, there's nothing that stops the winner from returning to their now weakened counterpart and continuously bashing them until they all just quit the game cause they have no guaranteed safety of assets, thus there's no sense of security in regards to their time invested. The only option they have is to move elsewhere, seek refuge with a big alliance, or somehow negotiate a NAP with their enemies, but that seldom works. We need tiles where PvP isn't permitted. Make these tiles be managed by the "Flotilla" There doesn't have to be any quality stuff on there, and they cannot be owned by any clan.

People need to be able to choose what they wish to take in to battle, choose what they're willing to lose, and what they wish to keep safe. Losing stuff you've invested time in to farming, looking forward to using that stuff for whatever it is that you've intended, and then losing it to a group of 15 guys would absolutely make anyone want to quit the game. You could argue by saying that people can scout out tiles with throwaway spiders before bringing in more valuable stuff, but information in Last Oasis gets outdated real fast, and there's no reliable way to ensure you always have the knowledge you need to skirt around a potential raiding party. All larger groups have access to the highest tier walker upgrades, mass quality resources, modules, and they will always be capable of chasing any solo down and decimating them entirely. This will always be the case, and It doesn't have to change, but we all need a safe haven to retreat to so we can at least choose to not fight when we have no ammo, no walker to take to battle, no armor in the hull, no weapons to wield. We need a place where we can't be griefed.

If anyone thinks this is wrong, or there's a better way to solve this issue. I encourage you to share.

the zergs dont want that, everytime someone (like me) bring this up they cry.. its easier if the devs create a secondary public servers with PVE only (and maybe hull zeroing protection on all maps) on normal maps and pvp on hardmaps, and leave the current server as it is to the hardcore players. it would please both the hardcore players and the casual ones..

People need to be able to choose what they wish to take in to battle, choose what they're willing to lose, and what they wish to keep safe.
The thing is, if not an exception, they actually can. I understand when you are caught pants down by pirate it sucks to lose your stuff, but most of the time, players lose their stuff because they acted stupid. The only thing people should keep in mind is that everything can be lost and you should be prepare for that.
Griefing is a pain in the ass, sure, but that's part of the game. Deal with it.
Imo, if you want PvE tile, just go on private server. What's the point of setting a base, farm and craft on a PvP tile if i can do it on a PvE tile just fine with absolutely no risk ? It will be a waste, PvP tile will just become a big glorified arena for fighting, where you waste resource, for what gain ? Fighting just for fighting can only go so far, we need other goals. No PvE tiles make clans fight for influence, resource and power on the map, there is something else other than just "go PvP".

see, told ya the zergs going to come and cry..its way easier to just create a separate public server and separate the two communities, so the game can grown. ALSO private servers are crap. its a 1 tile server that wipes everything once the owner wants to change the map, and if they stop paying for 2 months its deleted all the progress, you cant travel. at this point it should be better to let players host the private servers on their own PC..

see, told ya the zergs going to come and cry..its way easier to just create a separate public server and separate the two communities, so the game can grown. ALSO private servers are crap. its a 1 tile server that wipes everything once the owner wants to change the map, and if they stop paying for 2 months its deleted all the progress, you cant travel. at this point it should be better to let players host the private servers on their own PC..
You want PvE, i give you PvE with private server. That's a solution. But that's not what you really want isn't it ?
What the OP and you want is simple : all the benefit without consequences. You want to PvP when YOU want, craft, farm when YOU want. No risk involved. You want to fight but only when you are winning. You want easy life. You want everything but without putting effort in it. You want to make everything, have everything easy. You want a safespace. Nothing should hurt you, you little baby snowflake.

Stop being a weak mind and spirit. Learn and evolve. Don't put the blame on other when you know you haven't done anything to improve. Can you really tell me you have done everything in your power to not have a miserable time when playing ?
No place should be safe, only safer. If you cannot take it, i'm afraid this kind of game is not for you. Not my fault you are just a crybaby because big bad zerg bully you, when in fact i'm pretty sure it's because you play braindead.

Bard

You want PvE, i give you PvE with private server. That's a solution. But that's not what you really want isn't it ?
What the OP and you want is simple : all the benefit without consequences. You want to PvP when YOU want, craft, farm when YOU want. No risk involved. You want to fight but only when you are winning. You want easy life. You want everything but without putting effort in it. You want to make everything, have everything easy. You want a safespace. Nothing should hurt you, you little baby snowflake.

Stop being a weak mind and spirit. Learn and evolve. Don't put the blame on other when you know you haven't done anything to improve. Can you really tell me you have done everything in your power to not have a miserable time when playing ?
No place should be safe, only safer. If you cannot take it, i'm afraid this kind of game is not for you. Not my fault you are just a crybaby because big bad zerg bully you, when in fact i'm pretty sure it's because you play braindead.
I don't see at all why you're this aggressive. You're not at all implicated in this post, this isn't about you or about any big zergs in particular. Perhaps you didn't read my post. I clearly stated that any PvE tiles wouldn't have any quality spawns, they wouldn't have any high tier resources, only the bare necessities that would allow people to get back on their legs and at least be able to be relevant when they get to fighting again. I clearly stated that these tiles wouldn't be claimable by any player clans, they would instead be under AI sovereignty. The implementation of such tiles would also promote trade between players, because they would have a place through which they could exchange goods without fearing that the other party is going to betray them. I do not want benefits without consequences, I clearly stated what I want, you read it, and you decided to interpret it how you wished, and then you implied what you wished too. If you're incapable of reasoning logically and showing others the respect they've shown you, feel free to exit the conversation.

I don't see at all why you're this aggressive. You're not at all implicated in this post, this isn't about you or about any big zergs in particular. Perhaps you didn't read my post. I clearly stated that any PvE tiles wouldn't have any quality spawns, they wouldn't have any high tier resources, only the bare necessities that would allow people to get back on their legs and at least be able to be relevant when they get to fighting again. I clearly stated that these tiles wouldn't be claimable by any player clans, they would instead be under AI sovereignty. The implementation of such tiles would also promote trade between players, because they would have a place through which they could exchange goods without fearing that the other party is going to betray them. I do not want benefits without consequences, I clearly stated what I want, you read it, and you decided to interpret it how you wished, and then you implied what you wished too. If you're incapable of reasoning logically and showing others the respect they've shown you, feel free to exit the conversation.
I don't see at all why you are this offended when clearly the only way to deflect critics for some people is to cry "bad zerg bad" like Hollow Noslen did. Nice "respect" showed here. Getting pretty annoying when i'm not in fact part of a god damn zerg. Lastly, the same argument come back each time : this is a full loot pvp game. You are never safe, only safer. This is one of the primordial aspect of the game. Don't be surprise if some player like me who play this game BECAUSE of this mechanic will defend it tooth and nail.

But back to what you say; even if there is no Q spawn on the PvE tiles like you propose, clans can still have easy life there to crafting like there no tomorrow. Bring back the Q resource from the PvP tile and voilà. Now, everybody can enjoy easy crafting with ZERO risk involved. And with no Q spawn on the PvP map, who will give much fuck about Q gears except for min-maxer ? I don't care about Q, i have all the goddamn resource on the PvE tile, why even bother farming on PvP tiles ? Even if i must get clay on PvP tiles, it's freaking easy to get. Let's not forget about the windmill too, time to make 50x50 wind farm ...

The tone of my reply might be agressive, but i really want to push your proposition and see if you did figure everything out. Better think of everything and push it to the limit, and then you can see if the stuff hold up. For me, right now, there too much room for abuse and doesn't align with the spirit of the game. But eh, that's only my opinion.

Jeon

You listed a few valid alternatives yourself, find new allies, ask for protection and so on. If anything like the non-pvp oases were ever been added, everybody would play in them most of the time because them would become the farming meta, Farmville style. Some players wouldn't even explore the regular ones. If a clan has lost everything, of course they have to move, hide from their oppressor, find new friends, a new path to follow. A safe Heaven where to retreat and play with pvp disabled is completely out of question, if the devs want to keep the survival aspect of the game. This game is hard-core, adapt or quit is in the genetic code of the genre. If you're unable to enjoy it because your enemy returns every day, every hour of the day to completely destroy you, take a pause, or a deep breath, and start over when the situation calms down. Please try to understand why non-pvp oases will never be in Last Oasis.

ZtyX

This game is not a job. You are being unrealistic if you expect people to put up with such difficulties.

They won't do it. They'd rather quit and they have. And that's despite them initially loving the game. It's a big loss for the game.

Bard

I don't see at all why you are this offended when clearly the only way to deflect critics for some people is to cry "bad zerg bad" like Hollow Noslen did. Nice "respect" showed here. Getting pretty annoying when i'm not in fact part of a god damn zerg. Lastly, the same argument come back each time : this is a full loot pvp game. You are never safe, only safer. This is one of the primordial aspect of the game. Don't be surprise if some player like me who play this game BECAUSE of this mechanic will defend it tooth and nail.

But back to what you say; even if there is no Q spawn on the PvE tiles like you propose, clans can still have easy life there to crafting like there no tomorrow. Bring back the Q resource from the PvP tile and voilà. Now, everybody can enjoy easy crafting with ZERO risk involved. And with no Q spawn on the PvP map, who will give much fuck about Q gears except for min-maxer ? I don't care about Q, i have all the goddamn resource on the PvE tile, why even bother farming on PvP tiles ? Even if i must get clay on PvP tiles, it's freaking easy to get. Let's not forget about the windmill too, time to make 50x50 wind farm ...

The tone of my reply might be agressive, but i really want to push your proposition and see if you did figure everything out. Better think of everything and push it to the limit, and then you can see if the stuff hold up. For me, right now, there too much room for abuse and doesn't align with the spirit of the game. But eh, that's only my opinion.
I simply suggested that we stick to the discussion and refrain from making personal attacks by calling each other "weak minded" or "weak spirited" without actually knowing who we're speaking to. You can't say I've disrespected you by citing the words of another individual, but okay. I'm not saying the suggestion is foolproof. People will find a way to abuse everything that exists within the game. The devs have tried to fix meshing multiple times, and yet it's still an issue. Regardless, perhaps entry to the PvE tile would be limited to those who do not own a tile. The number of walkers you have can be limited, the number of structures you can deploy can be limited. If there's potential for abuse, then we just need to figure out a way to balance the proposed mechanic. It doesn't have to be absolute PvE, maybe just safety for a few hours, which anyone could take advantage of. I'm sure you believe the game is absolutely fine and there's nothing wrong with it, but if that really was the case the playerbase wouldn't have dwindled as much as it has. Lack of content can't take all the blame either, plenty of content was released not two weeks ago, and it did nothing to rejuvenate interest.

I haven't made this suggestion with intent to point fingers or call out particular people. I'm not going to pick sides based on who supports my proposal or opposes it. I'd like the game to not die. The hardcore PvP that'd struck everyone's intrigue has lost its appeal, and that's proven by the significantly lowered playercount we see today. If you do not see the reasons I've offered as sufficient justification, I do not see any of your arguments as valid either. Let's just agree to disagree.

if you could read, and I think you don't you would see that I gave the option to create a secondary public servers with those settings for casual players, and leave the current server as it is for the hardcore gamers, if the private servers where anywhere close to the experience of the public servers I would agree with you, but they re not, they are one tile that don't allow travel and everytime they change the servers it wipe everything, and we need to depend on the server manager, you would also know that if you know how to READ.. but no you are a butt hurt that is happy with the game dying that wont allow any change in the game.

Last edited:

Kalinikta

The thing is people will not use these tiles just to recover from loss, they will use them as a main base of operations in which they are immune to retaliation and loss. This is a full loot survival game, though it might sound nice to have a safe space it just means that people won't ever risk their main bases, their main crafting walkers or banks. They will sit in these areas and have dinghies, mollusks, toboggans and maybe the occasional buffalo supply them with goods to craft into what they need to go out and destroy with their war vessels anyone that doesn't do the same. There will be no windows of opportunity, as the server itself will protect everyone in there. Sounds pretty limiting to me... I do believe the map could be better designed to motivate with resources and such the bigger zergs to like a center and less valuable tiles near the edges with caps maybe for the smaller ones. The random nature of the tiles seem to just make everything a free-for-all and doesn't benefit the smaller tribes, while also defeating the purpose of capped tiles.

The fact is that Last Oasis does this better than most in the genre. We have the lobby! That is your safe zone, a place to place multiple walkers with farming modules, banks with resources and crafting stations to help others be recovered and you have 5 of them per person and clan to even protect them from the never ending burn. You need to play smart about it though, when we notice our enemies snooping around the tile we tend to pack and find a new place to live and when our main assets are out we try to have some spies watching the horizon for incoming danger so we can lobby most if not all of it in time. We do a pretty good job of noticing and yet we have been caught with our pants down. Lost multiple farming walkers and one of the main bases. The trick is to have multiple, never have them out at once and be willing to move. We are nomads... don't get to attached to your area and try to keep the gears of recovery vessels and such clear of sand so they can move; we even at some point transferred all the way to a different region (with a limited amount of walkers), just to farm and recover for a week after a bigger loss. The travel wasn't fun, but having offset hours to peek does make survival a bit easier... we eventually moved back due to ping issues while we already started making enemies in the new region after a couple of days, we like a good fight win or lose.

Farm, Build, Be set back, repeat... it is kind of the nature of a full loot survival game. It becomes easier over time, as you gain knowledge that cannot be lost, you have back-ups to help recover and you have your clan and relationships with others to help provide a pocket to recover in.

Last edited:

Haxoonie

I'm just sitting back watching week by week as the steam charts tell the whole story. At this point I don't give a fuck what happens to this game. I said my peace, I listed the problems, and solutions that may have saved this game from being drowned by a hand full of zerg nuts that say " I'm not in a zerg" when in fact thats pretty much what the last of the LO player base is comprised of. I say let them have their full loot PVP, gank everything you see, trash talk everyone you meet, zero out everything you want because its fun antics.

When it all burns down and the doors are shut, you better bet your ass I will be here saying I TOLD YOU SO FUCKERS!! I am keeping a very close eye on the forums every days, as well as the still dropping player count LO has left. See yas soon!!

Edit: Still playing solo (because I can, and don't like being a zerg puppet) but when it shuts down atleast I will have gotten my monies worth from it. Solo aint bad but you pretty much have to build a spider and stay in the treee line and shadows the whole time. Also where is this vast number of players that likes the game the way it is? Must be the last 2.5k player left on the servers.

Weirdpete

How can you have more safety than : "100% immunity from attack" ? :/
Stop the exploits that allow people to be attacked before they are even loaded into the game.
Stop the exploits that pop your starting immunity bubble
Control the cheaters basically.

Kalinikta

The lobby is not enough safety.
And why not? What type of additional protection do you need in a full loot survival game? When will you risk what you have if you would have that type of protection?

The lobby is amazing with up to 5 walkers protected from the sun, it is the one thing that makes this game have potential. Sure the game still needs to be fleshed out, it needs more to it, a better map design, it should make zeroing a walker more expensive... but protection wise I think it is all you need.

VWithnail

Stop the exploits that allow people to be attacked before they are even loaded into the game.
Stop the exploits that pop your starting immunity bubble
Control the cheaters basically.
The bubble is something that needs a fix desperately, I think it's probably the highest priority fix required in game atm. I agree.

Weirdpete

The best and fastest adjustment I can think of is keep the current build restrictions and all that the same, and spawn walkers further into the dust cloud, then, have your art team throw together a more opaque cloud. completely impossible to see walkers in the cloud from the outside.
That would probably be enough to halt the desync issues and ensuing griefing.