Suggestions for Solo Players

Alucard

For solo players - If the capped grid is 5 and a zerg of 20 people enter, they should take 4x more damage and do 2x or 4x less damage against people. That way a solo can really fight them back and zerging would be a negative thing for capped tiles.

Haxoonie

You'll just get told by a few people that zergs arn't bad and were making it all up. Trust me, you don't wanna stir up the very small hornets nest my friend. I will be watching this threat with interest.

VWithnail

You need to nail down your definition of zerg for me, Haxoonie - be as specific as you possibly can.

[edit] - Re the suggestion : in order to retain any element of skill based play, your damage with X weapons against Y armor needs to remain reliable so that you understand what the game is doing.

Suggestions like these are bound to come because the base idea of a population capped tile is flawed. Capped tiles create the unrealistic expectation that "I'll only ever be fighting against [Capsize] number of players". Even if tribes aren't working together to circumvent the cap, multiple clans can jump you, bottomfeeders can hang around to jump in when you're low. Someone can come across your hulled walker and put the last arrows into it just to annoy you, because you're out of kits and just trying to repair the thing to limp to the border - or because you/someone has done it to them in the past and they want to pay it forward.

The false sense of security that comes with things like capped tiles creates the neverending, never satisfied demand for 'fairness' in a game which otherwise proudly says : "Bring whatever you want and the last one standing is the winner".

Pandoras box has been opened with the capped tile thing and I don't know how they'll ever satisfy the people who want them. Without human moderation in all the tiles so someone can say "Nah, that looked like you were working together - back off and give the guy a chance" : the same situation (A bad loss where skill didn't matter as much as timing/numbers/preparation) will constantly rear its head.

Last edited:

TYME2DYE

Well i got rolled by Chinese this morning.. 4-5 ships 24 Chinese.. but the left me the shell of my Buffalo.. how nice.. 24 on 1 does that constitute a zerg? But on the bright side, i am a shitty fighter and i killed 8 of them with a bone sword .. Till they hulled the ship.. even with Iron upgrade it make no difference.. Bet it burned their butts when they only got some common mats.. LOL.
but now i have to rebuild it which sucks royally... so yeah this is not a solo/small clan friendly game.. I have to agree with OP, disparity of force really make a great game not worth it unless you go join a large clan but, even with that i am sure you will have other grips.. who know.. DC really needs to do something, zergs and griefers just ruin it for everyone

Haxoonie

Shhh be very, very quiet, the crazy person I am talk about just showed up. HAHAHA god damn that was so easy to call out....

TYME2DYE

Haha, you're so darn funny..
hey.. it's part of the game.. i get it.. but a lot of people don't.. me i don't really care, i got 3 more bufflao's and a falco... Just saying.. this game is broken.. hopefully DC realizes it and take steps to improve.. I'd hate to see such a great game go down the tube..
you can poke fun and troll all you want ... makes no difference

Haxoonie

Haha, you're so darn funny..
hey.. it's part of the game.. i get it.. but a lot of people don't.. me i don't really care, i got 3 more bufflao's and a falco... Just saying.. this game is broken.. hopefully DC realizes it and take steps to improve.. I'd hate to see such a great game go down the tube..
you can poke fun and troll all you want ... makes no difference
I'm not poking fun of you my dude, I am laughing because the guy I said would come attack you for bringing this up, he hsowed up like 15 minutes after I said that. VW thinks his word is god here. He will call you out on EVERYTHING. He will tell you that you don't know what a zerg is. That zergs are not a problem in game if you are pro like him and know how to deal with them. Yet the dude never seems to leave the forums. So he's either a fucking lier or a very good pretender. Not really sure which one he is yet.

My advice is. Don't even bother to open up a counter argument with him. You will be smashed over and over, and called a shit player by him. Just warning you my dude.

VWithnail

I'm not poking fun of you my dude, I am laughing because the guy I said would come attack you for bringing this up, he hsowed up like 15 minutes after I said that. VW thinks his word is god here. He will call you out on EVERYTHING. He will tell you that you don't know what a zerg is. That zergs are not a problem in game if you are pro like him and know how to deal with them. Yet the dude never seems to leave the forums. So he's either a fucking lier or a very good pretender. Not really sure which one he is yet.

My advice is. Don't even bother to open up a counter argument with him. You will be smashed over and over, and called a shit player by him. Just warning you my dude.
Go through this topic and show me where I attacked anyone.

Then go through the topic again and highlight a single post of yours that hasn't included a personal attack.

Do you think that a disagreement is an attack? Or are you so dug in on trying to troll me that all my posts are attacks now?

[edit] This isn't a "Gotcha" moment for me either. I didn't lay 'bait' here of not attacking you... I just replied to a guys idea with my thoughts and you came in, hot to trot, with insults e.t.c. Take a moment and look at your behaviour - it's exactly what you claim I'm doing, and I'm not.

Last edited:

Haxoonie

Better yet. I think this guy can go look for himself. If you want to know what im talking about OP just go through MOST of the threads in general where hes calling people "shit at the game" or "Not good like him" for even hinting at the word ZERG. Just stop my dude. You are like cancer at this point. Even when you're caught in a lie you lie though that lie and then the next. It's a never ending mind game for you. As you can clearly tell. I am not the only one whos very tired of your constant undermining of our opinions, and telling us ours are shit. SO tired of it. I keep telling myself " Just stop replying to him, he clearly gets off on argments like this" but every time I feel the need to defend someone else on these forums because you go after them as well for the same shit you dogged on me for.

There is no argument with you, there is just "I WIN!!" and that is about it...... You clearly ARE NOT happy if you can't be right. I am going to assume your whole life revolves are the same shit, and you come here because in real life, if you talked to someone like you do here, they would probably knock the teeth from your mouth.

OP go look at the threads across general and feedback. See the names and acusations he throws at people who don't agree with him and judge for yourself.

VWithnail

Better yet. I think this guy can go look for himself. If you want to know what im talking about OP just go through MOST of the threads in general where hes calling people "shit at the game" or "Not good like him" for even hinting at the word ZERG. Just stop my dude. You are like cancer at this point. Even when you're caught in a lie you lie though that lie and then the next. It's a never ending mind game for you. As you can clearly tell. I am not the only one whos very tired of your constant undermining of our opinions, and telling us ours are shit. SO tired of it. I keep telling myself " Just stop replying to him, he clearly gets off on argments like this" but every time I feel the need to defend someone else on these forums because you go after them as well for the same shit you dogged on me for.

There is no argument with you, there is just "I WIN!!" and that is about it...... You clearly ARE NOT happy if you can't be right. I am going to assume your whole life revolves are the same shit, and you come here because in real life, if you talked to someone like you do here, they would probably knock the teeth from your mouth.

OP go look at the threads across general and feedback. See the names and acusations he throws at people who don't agree with him and judge for yourself.
So your reply to my last post is to come and waft the scent of IRL violence around and play to the jury of the OP who I'm sure doesn't give a shit about your attempted character assassination.

After getting carried away in an unrelated thread and going on an all out offensive with zero provocation a grown up would sit back and say "My bad, I've lost perspective".

Haxoonie

So your reply to my last post is to come and waft the scent of IRL violence around and play to the jury of the OP who I'm sure doesn't give a shit about your attempted character assassination.

After getting carried away in an unrelated thread and going on an all out offensive with zero provocation a grown up would sit back and say "My bad, I've lost perspective".
Hey man, you took the fucking bait and followed me here like I knew you would. Kinda spooky knowing your watching my every post that closely. Think I got me a stalker. You're not a creeper are you?

VWithnail

Hey man, you took the fucking bait and followed me here like I knew you would. Kinda spooky knowing your watching my every post that closely. Think I got me a stalker. You're not a creeper are you?
I'm going through the forums while waiting for an NBN tech to show up at my house - "Suggestions for solo players" is the name of the thread. So I come wondering if it's more of the same type of suggestion or if its something I can get behind.

I'm here acting in good faith, not trolling anyone or responding unkindly until the insults start flowing - then I respond in kind, because I don't take it laying down.

You're on here with nothing to say about the actual game. Anyone disagrees with your weak ideas and it's automatically judged an attack. I came into this thread, as I do in most threads, trying to start fresh. You came here explicitly to post to me, even though I wasn't here yet by your own admission :S Stop projecting this obsession thing at me because if there's any evidence for it - it's all in your posts.

I'd accept your apology and move on if you were man enough to make it, btw.

Alucard

I am not going to argue, I'm just talking about the clan cap maps. You do not want to stop people from entering clan cap maps; however, give them a risk. This will allow small clans to live on 12 caps or 5 caps. If more people come they'll take the debuff of doing less damage/taking more damage per over the cap it is ((1x)+ to how many there is). And then the uncapped or 50 capped maps will have bigger clans in them. If you are a small clan and risk going to an uncaped or capped 50 maps, it'll be your decision. This game is still a survival game people, keep that in mind.

suggestion for solo players.. dont play the game until they fix this shit. it leave fewer targets for zergs and send a good message to the devs.

awenjr

suggestion for solo players.. dont play the game until they fix this shit. it leave fewer targets for zergs and send a good message to the devs.
Even they fixed i don't think 30k people already left this game will back to play this game anymore. hahaha there so many good games that this shit. let i dry, let it burn, and enjoy your empty desert like real life. desert suppose to be less people.

Rain

For solo players - If the capped grid is 5 and a zerg of 20 people enter, they should take 4x more damage and do 2x or 4x less damage against people. That way a solo can really fight them back and zerging would be a negative thing for capped tiles.
I think being over the tile cap should have more than a water problem. I kinda like this suggestion tbh. not sure if there would be a problem with like a small team going to a large cap tile and harrassing the clan there, then running back to their small-cap tile over and over. Everything can be gamed. But overall i still like this idea.
otoh i check the map every few minutes to make sure something bad hasn't shown up.

TYME2DYE

Yes, better / more effecting clan caps would be good, but checking the map for pop doesn't really help. it updates too slowly. by the time the pop updates you don't have much time before you are scouted or chinese ESP you.

and, awenjr is just plain old toxic. contributes nothing useful and worse - just plain old crap.. Odd how someone who hates the game so much just can't help but troll the forums..

Alucard

You're talking about people being 1 shot with iron weapons :/ In what universe does that make sense?
That's the point, you don't want people to go zerging. There has to be a reason to only go in 5 instead of 10. Water consumption is not doing. People are going in and zergging people still with the water capped.