Suggestion What's "Really" in need of fixing.

Weirdpete

I think literally any function that allows yourself to discern yourself and others from eachother in a literal standpoint should be encouraged, like you say, dying or coloring your gear, adding an emblem, maybe even tattoos and such later on.

Except for a floating name plate.
That, or you see everyone's name plate.
If you need a nameplate, it shouldn't discriminate on clan affiliation. If you still need a nameplate, it should stay invisible until you are very close to someone, maybe in direct LOS and within a meter of eachother.

But yeah, don't get it twisted, I love the idea of being able to easily idetinfy or distinguish yourself through various other means.

Jeon

I agree with you, but remember that big alliances were already a thing between mega clans in the first two months of LO; it's the small clans that would benefit more from any alliance system. Uganda broke with Spice because enemies were lacking so it was better to smash each other.

I think literally any function that allows yourself to discern yourself and others from eachother in a literal standpoint should be encouraged, like you say, dying or coloring your gear, adding an emblem, maybe even tattoos and such later on.

Except for a floating name plate.
That, or you see everyone's name plate.
If you need a nameplate, it shouldn't discriminate on clan affiliation. If you still need a nameplate, it should stay invisible until you are very close to someone, maybe in direct LOS and within a meter of eachother.

WeirdPete-If you need a nameplate, it shouldn't discriminate on clan affiliation. If you still need a nameplate, it should stay invisible until you are very close to someone, maybe in direct LOS and within a meter of eachother.

Ill bite, why?

Weirdpete

Because in a real fight, you can't easily spot out someone you know in the crowd all that easily, this is doubly true in situation where you have enough people that you might not even personally know your allies and teammates.
In the real world, we often use things like colors and uniforms to tell the difference.

As to maybe why not allow a nameplate, or make it's behavior universal?
Well, when all a person's combat tact is to "Attack the no name" in a crowd, that's silly.
No one having a nametag means you do have to coordinate better as a large group, or even a small one.

If the nametag shows only when you are very close, that means you can still get someone's username, for other parts of administration if it's needed.

VWithnail

Well, when all a person's combat tact is to "Attack the no name" in a crowd, that's silly.
That's not all anyone's combat tactics can be unless they're bad - and the balance struck currently is if anyone wants that kind of advantage along with larger numbers, they have to be a political force and part of the metagame to get it. They're a knowable target and not part of an alliance of disparate clans that can melt into obscurity other than the proxy holding clan.

Taking away all nameplates would just make the game more hardcore than most of the existing players could be bothered with, I feel. The game is hardcore and hostile enough - true that people would adapt : but you'd also lose anyone who thought "More work in LO? Fuck that. It's already a second job".