Why is frustrating playing this game

Kat

I was following this game for a long time, also was very hyped with my friends when the released it on steam. We buyed the same day and we played for 1 month everyday, 10 of us farming, buliding, and trying to escape zergs. Even that was fun. Game was super funny but after losing bases, walkers and things on daily basis we got bored because its repeating. Go around and farm, try to survive and loose everything to some clan that got bored playing and said lets go around to fuck small crew players just for fun.

It become so boring all of us stopped playing. Couple of days ago i started again in hope that something is changed and everything is the same. Now its even worse, zergs are everywhere because players are bored at this current point in game and become chaotic.

Why is frustrating playing this:

Its not about how good you are or how social you are. Dont say those thing like get good etc.. If you loose something you loose in a large amount. You need days even week to farm materials for base, walker and things. I CANT even have big walker just driving spider and dingy for months, i cant have a base. Its ok to attack you and destroy you this is how this game works, but doing that everyday is frustrating. I dont have a time to prepare and farm clay for weeks just to someone destroy base, stations, walker.... aaand here we go again. its really boring playing like that.

Playing Sea of Thieves is enjoyable even if you loose everything. I will return in year or two if game becomes better.

VWithnail

See, I don't enjoy Sea of Thieves at all. It feels totally empty because nothing matters. You can't lose anything and it isn't persistent. They're two radically different games and obviously not aimed at exactly the same audience.

awenjr

This Devs is PRO zerg there is No counter play!!
1. Sandstorm is Edge of Map is local effect they still can see you from outside.
2. Naked beat stick board your walker? Nope you cannot safe logout.
3. Manage to Run Edge of Map? 1 HIT you cannot logout.
4. Walker wings break and you cannot move on the EDGE of map? no worry zerg can help drag you with harpoon out of zone and loot you.
5. New Solo/Small Group try farm for progression? no worry zerg travel around even in edge just to zeroed you.
6. Purpose 3 types of tables it's just to make SOLO Player suffers.
7. Rolling around hours just to find small ancient fabricators.
8. Finally got tablet ? no worries zerg so called skilled player will zeroed you and take your all tablets.
9. New player just starting build dighy ? haha naked beat stick go brrrr
10. GANK simulator
How you enjoy this game? join big clan and become their slave, yeah this game is encourage slavery. i hope i can get refund and buy other game.

awenjr

See, I don't enjoy Sea of Thieves at all. It feels totally empty because nothing matters. You can't lose anything and it isn't persistent. They're two radically different games and obviously not aimed at exactly the same audience.
Atleast sea of thieve you can counter play or outrun enemies. funny enough SOT more focus on PVE and the DEV LISTEN TO CASUAL PLAYER
haha SOT steam chart go BEEP BOOP

awenjr

yep
I was following this game for a long time, also was very hyped with my friends when the released it on steam. We buyed the same day and we played for 1 month everyday, 10 of us farming, buliding, and trying to escape zergs. Even that was fun. Game was super funny but after losing bases, walkers and things on daily basis we got bored because its repeating. Go around and farm, try to survive and loose everything to some clan that got bored playing and said lets go around to fuck small crew players just for fun.

It become so boring all of us stopped playing. Couple of days ago i started again in hope that something is changed and everything is the same. Now its even worse, zergs are everywhere because players are bored at this current point in game and become chaotic.

Why is frustrating playing this:

Its not about how good you are or how social you are. Dont say those thing like get good etc.. If you loose something you loose in a large amount. You need days even week to farm materials for base, walker and things. I CANT even have big walker just driving spider and dingy for months, i cant have a base. Its ok to attack you and destroy you this is how this game works, but doing that everyday is frustrating. I dont have a time to prepare and farm clay for weeks just to someone destroy base, stations, walker.... aaand here we go again. its really boring playing like that.

Playing Sea of Thieves is enjoyable even if you loose everything. I will return in year or two if game becomes better.
Yep i'm cringe and clench my butthole so hard when devs update more walker and furniture that can be enjoyed by 1% of the player base? need TABLET just build a FKING CHAIR ??? braindead update to me.

WarCat

There are thousands of MMO games where you can safely grind mobs. There are also very few games where I can grind players. I choose the second. There are few such games and it is not necessary to fill them with tears so that they turn into the next typical MMO. Just don't play it, ok?

There are thousands of MMO games where you can safely grind mobs. There are also very few games where I can grind players. I choose the second. There are few such games and it is not necessary to fill them with tears so that they turn into the next typical MMO. Just don't play it, ok?
You must realize right that your actions will leave you with very few players to 'grind' right? The very actions of people with your type of gameplay have emptied the servers and the numbers continue to drop. You will 'grind' the game out of existence.

awenjr

Ofc i don't play it. What do you think im doing. Better go back to SOT. Shame on me want to try support this dev. Hahaha they wont listen anyway. Building fking chair use tablet hahah fking joke

Rain

Not necessarily disagreeing with your frustration, but... I am solo since day 1. I have a base i usually keep out on the map for 2-3 days at a time. I have never had a hull broken, ever. And it was only last week that i had my first box broken into, and I probably could have avoided even that. I'm playing in NorthAmericaEast tiles, surrounded by wars, and yeah i have only ever killed one person but somehow i have not had the terrible time of having to redo walkers/bases every few days either. So idk.

WarCat

I am not responsible for the players leaving. I play as the game allows. And yes, I don't zeroing walkers and don't even break their wings and legs, I don't break crafting station, because it is boring and takes a lot of time. I knock out or kill the characters and take their things if they are not ready to pay off. If they pay off, I just leave, leaving them alone. 50 bone fragments or shards or 10 rupu oil is enough. This is interesting gameplay, that’s all.

Weirdpete

And yes, I don't zeroing walkers and don't even break their wings and legs, I don't break crafting station, because it is boring and takes a lot of time. I knock out or kill the characters and take their things if they are not ready to pay off.
If you're being legit, then you're not part of the problem, but sadly get lumped into the group that is.
I think everyone here has dealt with the kind of person that does nothing but scream in voice chat. Runs about with their buddies, and tries to bust and take everything that they can. If they win the fight, they try and break everything that you have, if they lose they literally try and harass you the left of the time they are on.
My trio, we're fairly good, so "smaller" bands where it's like 10v3 we can usually still manage a victory, but still leaves a bad taste in your mouth dealing with shits like that. It's not fun anymore.
And there are a LOT of shits like that. It's tiring, it's boring.

RexMundi

I've been having a good time with my groups current direction as Merchant/Privateers. Lot of Mixed Play lot of stuff to do, rewards for doing it, progression, you get to build big boats and bases and got a few like minded folks to watch you back, and we wander around searching for more smallish groups with similar goals and build up some relationships and trade routes, and keep on the move to boot........So it's doable even with the balance favoring the Wingsuit Griefer Union a bit, more stuff has been rolling in to balance that out and with the right people to play with it equals out and shifts in favor of the balanced player that likes the entirety of the game as it evolves and grows. End of the day, just the tip of the iceberg of a game so far. Going to get really interesting as more things are added in and activated.

awenjr

I am not responsible for the players leaving. I play as the game allows. And yes, I don't zeroing walkers and don't even break their wings and legs, I don't break crafting station, because it is boring and takes a lot of time. I knock out or kill the characters and take their things if they are not ready to pay off. If they pay off, I just leave, leaving them alone. 50 bone fragments or shards or 10 rupu oil is enough. This is interesting gameplay, that’s all.

No one blame you lol. So yeah i'm just stateing the fact. Atleast new player can read this forum so they wont play this garbage. If okay if you like and defending your garbage.

awenjr

I've been having a good time with my groups current direction as Merchant/Privateers. Lot of Mixed Play lot of stuff to do, rewards for doing it, progression, you get to build big boats and bases and got a few like minded folks to watch you back, and we wander around searching for more smallish groups with similar goals and build up some relationships and trade routes, and keep on the move to boot........So it's doable even with the balance favoring the Wingsuit Griefer Union a bit, more stuff has been rolling in to balance that out and with the right people to play with it equals out and shifts in favor of the balanced player that likes the entirety of the game as it evolves and grows. End of the day, just the tip of the iceberg of a game so far. Going to get really interesting as more things are added in and activated.
What balance you talking about. And you don't even mention zerg problem. Know why 30k people left and steam review?? ZERG problem. Go wake up

awenjr

If you're being legit, then you're not part of the problem, but sadly get lumped into the group that is.
I think everyone here has dealt with the kind of person that does nothing but scream in voice chat. Runs about with their buddies, and tries to bust and take everything that they can. If they win the fight, they try and break everything that you have, if they lose they literally try and harass you the left of the time they are on.
My trio, we're fairly good, so "smaller" bands where it's like 10v3 we can usually still manage a victory, but still leaves a bad taste in your mouth dealing with shits like that. It's not fun anymore.
And there are a LOT of shits like that. It's tiring, it's boring.

Fking yess and agree.
Imagine 15 people 2 walker gank 2 new players peacefu farmer.
Break walker leg and wings.
Can't even transfer to lobby after that. What are we suppose to do ?? Rebuild everything 3 days grinding like mindless rupu? Nahhh other games deserve support than this shit

And yeah that not how you got new player play your game.