Why is frustrating playing this game

TYME2DYE

Not necessarily disagreeing with your frustration, but... I am solo since day 1. I have a base i usually keep out on the map for 2-3 days at a time. I have never had a hull broken, ever. And it was only last week that i had my first box broken into, and I probably could have avoided even that. I'm playing in NorthAmericaEast tiles, surrounded by wars, and yeah i have only ever killed one person but somehow i have not had the terrible time of having to redo walkers/bases every few days either. So idk.
I never had a hull broken either @Rain ... till i did...
i went from day one after the server offline issue to just last week before i eventually got hit.. It is what it is, pulled a backup ship and started to rebuild... that's the game, but then i got hit again, 3 days later, 30 seconds after putting my broken ass walker back together. As i approach the "L" zone about to log it out .. Oh wtf, i am PVP tagged..great... Now in a 20 - 1 i fight till i used up all 39 respwans ... There goes 3 days of farming and a 2nd ship.. OK.. fine.. 2 wrecked buffalos sitting on the side and they zeroed out a clan mates tobogan who was carrying some of the sullies for the rebuild... Pull my last buff and start farming again.. 4 days later, i rebuild everything sitting up in a gully on a mountain with literally NO visibility from anywhere and post 3 scouts from my clan on the adjacent peaks next to trees watching the only path up the mountain as well as the back side slopes and one in a throw away stiletto blocking the path near me....

All was good, we built the new tobogan and almost done when .. WTF was that a ballista bolt? Oh look it the chinese buffalo moving up the hill at mach 1 with 25 guys in iron... No idea where it can from or how we never saw it till it was on top o f us... Hey fuck it.. here we go again...my 5 guys in baskwood and boneswords cannot stand up to 25 in iron... We fought well and beat the piss outta them but just could not kill them in iron...

Luckily, they only decked the ship and never burned it opened and only broke a leg, and though i lost 3 ships in a week none of them were zeroed (except for mates 1st tobo).. bad luck? IDK we eventually got the tobo finished the next day but i still have 3 naked buffalo's with no real tools, no stations and i start all over.. but it beats walking right?

TL/DR
Just because you have not gotten raided yet, it just means your time will come... Once you are down it is very hard to get back up. Grinding sucks, but for some reason i do not mind it in this game.. at least for now.. :)

Last edited:

awenjr

i went from day one after the server offline issue to just last week before i eventually got hit.. It is what it is, pulled a backup ship and started to rebuild... that's the game, but then i got hit again, 3 days later, 30 seconds after putting my broken ass walker back together. As i approach the "L" zone about to log it out .. Oh wtf, i am PVP tagged..great... Now in a 20 - 1 i fight till i used up all 39 respwans ... There goes 3 days of farming and a 2nd ship.. OK.. fine.. 2 wrecked buffalos sitting on the side and they zeroed out a clan mates tobogan who was carrying some of the sullies for the rebuild... Pull my last buff and start farming again.. 4 days later, i rebuild everything sitting up in a gully on a mountain with literally NO visibility from anywhere and post 3 scouts from my clan on the adjacent peaks next to trees watching the only path up the mountain as well as the back side slopes and one in a throw away stiletto blocking the path near me....

All was good, we built the new tobogan and almost done when .. WTF was that a ballista bolt? Oh look it the chinese buffalo moving up the hill at mach 1 with 25 guys in iron... No idea where it can from or how we never saw it till it was on top o f us... Hey fuck it.. here we go again...my 5 guys in baskwood and boneswords cannot stand up to 25 in iron... We fought well and beat the piss outta them but just could not kill them in iron...

Luckily, they only decked the ship and never burned it opened and only broke a leg, and though i lost 3 ships in a week none of them were zeroed (except for mates 1st tobo).. bad luck? IDK we eventually got the tobo finished the next day but i still have 3 naked buffalo's with no real tools, no stations and i start all over.. but it beats walking right?

TL/DR
Just because you have not gotten raided yet, it just means your time will come... Once you are down it is very hard to get back up. Grinding sucks, but for some reason i do not mind it in this game.. at least for now.. :)

That's correct is like fking time bomb. Just wait your turn hahaha. Im lucky i face this situation earlier so don't waste my time more and move on

WarCat

Why are you collecting tons of resources and making quality walkers if you play as a small group? Okay, we made a walker full of modules, collected 6k of wood and didn’t use it anymore. Because we do not need so much wood. You do quality things but don’t use them, or use it for 39 solo respawn. In this case, you could ride alone on a spider or dingy and not lose almost anything. It takes a little time to make yourself basic equipment. But you suffer and farm for days to lose everything again. Do only what you are not afraid to lose or are able to protect, here is the recipe for a normal game in LO. Make one iron sword and better armor, or spend three times less time and make a 8x bonespike sword and 8x forester armors — I always choose the second, and I get a fan losing it. Because I made this equipment for the battle and am losing it in battle, and not in order to look in the mirror or store it in a chest. Even in-game help suggests that large walkers are not for small groups. But you still suffer and try. Lose everything and suffer again. I do not understand why you do it again. Even large and strong clans prefer balanced equipment, because they also do not want to lose expensive things, but they also lose them, one way or another. Most often, iron is worn by experienced raiders who can easily retreat after leaving the walker. And they do not need 39 respawn.

TYME2DYE

Why are you collecting tons of resources and making quality walkers if you play as a small group? Okay, we made a walker full of modules, collected 6k of wood and didn’t use it anymore. Because we do not need so much wood. You do quality things but don’t use them, or use it for 39 solo respawn. In this case, you could ride alone on a spider or dingy and not lose almost anything. It takes a little time to make yourself basic equipment. But you suffer and farm for days to lose everything again. Do only what you are not afraid to lose or are able to protect, here is the recipe for a normal game in LO. Make one iron sword and better armor, or spend three times less time and make a 8x bonespike sword and 8x forester armors — I always choose the second, and I get a fan losing it. Because I made this equipment for the battle and am losing it in battle, and not in order to look in the mirror or store it in a chest. Even in-game help suggests that large walkers are not for small groups. But you still suffer and try. Lose everything and suffer again. I do not understand why you do it again. Even large and strong clans prefer balanced equipment, because they also do not want to lose expensive things, but they also lose them, one way or another. Most often, iron is worn by experienced raiders who can easily retreat after leaving the walker. And they do not need 39 respawn.
@WarCat
You clearly miss the point.. yeah i used all 39 respawns cause i am not giving them the water.. i will fight with every kit i have.. 90% of stuff is designed for loss cause it is inevitable.
Yes all quality stuff, frags, tabs etc is lobbied but at some point you have to bring it back in to replace stuff that was destroyed and during that process you and that ship are vulnerable.. Quite honestly, everytime we got destroyed was by chinese. We have gotten attacked by US clans and while the the fight was fair, if you consider 20 v 5 or 30 v 6 fair, they did not cheat. They were just better equipped and skilled and we were greatly outnumbered but our losses were not terrible, we ended up donating a few kits but and bs supplies. We actually had a clan tell us that they were NOT going to break our boxes or hull the ship because we were resilient and though we lost we gave them a good fight.. They gave each of us a wing suite.. So not everyone out for pvp is out for blood, just content..

We have 3 Quality ships, I can easily replace any losses with backup material premade and stored on other ships.. Every ship is equipped with tier 3 water and 20+ kits, mostly baskwood and bone swords, cheap, fast reliable. 39 respawns because if you are fighting and killing you have a chance to out respawn the attackers or you have the ability for clan mates to spawn on your ship and assist.

If you are not progressing and building grander and grander things then what are you playing for? PVP? So you kill players and take their shit, raid their hull, now what? do you store it on a ship or dump it and go find someone else to kill? There is really not much to this game, you are either a farmer/crafter/builder or a pirate.. there is nothing else to do. We only join raids against large clans with our allies, we do not attack solo's or 2-3 man crews, in fact we will be the first ones to help them. Other than that, you farm, build and lose.. who cares..

Our losses were quite questionable since everytime we pulled a ship to rebuild another the Chinese mysteriously showed up, kind of like when you light the BBQ grill and in 10 mins you have flies everywhere... they appear out of nowhere, wreck your ship and then disappear.. the last time they appeared right in front of me.. we started taking fire but there was no one around and then, like in a spawn bubble only w/o the bubble, they appeared right in front of me..

I am not new. Been playing all sorts of games since the commodore 64. Every game has a learning curve and tactics but the Chinese just plain old hack and cheat, doesn't matter what you have or where.. you brag about not getting hulled (yet) but you will, just a matter of time.

Why do i rebuild? why the hell not? i enjoy the game even though the chinese trash are killing it and eventually i will follow the rest leave or maybe DC will actually fix it...hmmm...

CHEEESE

@WarCat
You clearly miss the point.. yeah i used all 39 respawns cause i am not giving them the water.. i will fight with every kit i have.. 90% of stuff is designed for loss cause it is inevitable.
Yes all quality stuff, frags, tabs etc is lobbied but at some point you have to bring it back in to replace stuff that was destroyed and during that process you and that ship are vulnerable.. Quite honestly, everytime we got destroyed was by chinese. We have gotten attacked by US clans and while the the fight was fair, if you consider 20 v 5 or 30 v 6 fair, they did not cheat. They were just better equipped and skilled and we were greatly outnumbered but our losses were not terrible, we ended up donating a few kits but and bs supplies. We actually had a clan tell us that they were NOT going to break our boxes or hull the ship because we were resilient and though we lost we gave them a good fight.. They gave each of us a wing suite.. So not everyone out for pvp is out for blood, just content..

We have 3 Quality ships, I can easily replace any losses with backup material premade and stored on other ships.. Every ship is equipped with tier 3 water and 20+ kits, mostly baskwood and bone swords, cheap, fast reliable. 39 respawns because if you are fighting and killing you have a chance to out respawn the attackers or you have the ability for clan mates to spawn on your ship and assist.

If you are not progressing and building grander and grander things then what are you playing for? PVP? So you kill players and take their shit, raid their hull, now what? do you store it on a ship or dump it and go find someone else to kill? There is really not much to this game, you are either a farmer/crafter/builder or a pirate.. there is nothing else to do. We only join raids against large clans with our allies, we do not attack solo's or 2-3 man crews, in fact we will be the first ones to help them. Other than that, you farm, build and lose.. who cares..

Our losses were quite questionable since everytime we pulled a ship to rebuild another the Chinese mysteriously showed up, kind of like when you light the BBQ grill and in 10 mins you have flies everywhere... they appear out of nowhere, wreck your ship and then disappear.. the last time they appeared right in front of me.. we started taking fire but there was no one around and then, like in a spawn bubble only w/o the bubble, they appeared right in front of me..

I am not new. Been playing all sorts of games since the commodore 64. Every game has a learning curve and tactics but the Chinese just plain old hack and cheat, doesn't matter what you have or where.. you brag about not getting hulled (yet) but you will, just a matter of time.

Why do i rebuild? why the hell not? i enjoy the game even though the chinese trash are killing it and eventually i will follow the rest leave or maybe DC will actually fix it...hmmm...
Fix the chinese? Lol, look at avenjr guy. What to fix here.
In lo you have an awesome solution to your problems - migrate. Take you walkers and go from that chinese infested server to another. Why should you try to rebuild again and again in place where the swarm is eating your things?
Cmon, this game is good and you know that - you farmed hard and already told an awesome story about raid of those US guys, and im sure its not single awesome story you had in game. But you seem too lazy to solve problem with chinese by just walk away from it - and its not the game problem. You could even make friends with those us guys to protect you next time you meet chinese - but you choose to go to the forums with all those whiners. Instead of trying to make another awesome story of it next time you meet trouble.
They spot you by wingsuit scouts. They raid you with iron weapons and super walkers and plenty of fire arrows not because they are cheaters, but because they farm like hell - to got some fun for it. Why not?
Its your problem with at least 2 solutions just out of my head in first seconds. Make it an adventure, a story to tell - not another case of “mom they killed me in survival game” Cmon, you sure can do that.

Weirdpete

Actually I'm going to point out that there seems to be some fresh hacks that allow ESP, notifications of where people are on the map, flying, teleporting.
What will kill a game faster than anything, is people not playing the game honestly, whether that's by exploiting game mechanics to gain an edge, or using programs to know where everyone on the map is, cheaters ruin a game every time.

CHEEESE

Actually I'm going to point out that there seems to be some fresh hacks that allow ESP, notifications of where people are on the map, flying, teleporting.
What will kill a game faster than anything, is people not playing the game honestly, whether that's by exploiting game mechanics to gain an edge, or using programs to know where everyone on the map is, cheaters ruin a game every time.
How many of them did you see? Me - never, some about 220 hours in game. Any time i was fucked it was 100% fair. Playing on eu south-west. If you are suffering from cheaters - be my guest :3
And bring some resourses, we dont like to farm ourselves.

Weirdpete

Blow it off and think you're clever all you want, they're blatantly advertising the hacks online.
More importantly AFTER Anti-cheat was added.

TYME2DYE

@CHEEESE
You seem to underestimate. Do you think we have not gone from way south on NA-E (near EU) to mid to now on the north border of NA-W? You cannot run, the locust just cross the land, swarm and swallow everything in their path. In fact, we are allied with one of the US groups that raided us..
A lot of times, since we are on the border, we will farm in NA-W earlier in the night, say till 8 or 9 pm ET which is approx 5 - 6 pm West coast, and then jump back to NA-E when the pop rises.

Bottom line is we had a stretch of bad luck, for months we were successful at eluding predators but, like all good things, it came to an end.

i have to agree with a you all on the chinese hacks, there are many reports of them teleporting, glitching, hitching, ESP so they know exactly where you are. No anti-cheat allows for them to exploit with ease.. How long did it take devs to ban the dupers?

I am willing to bet that sites like d3Hell.com (not saying this site is, just using it as an example) are run/supported by these chinese clans. they steal the resources from you then sell them back to you online.

Kalinikta

TL/DR
If you didn't get zeroed, that means you can save and patch up the ship. If you just lost the stored resources it shouldn't be that bad to rebuild... sure sometimes people are overwhelmed, sometimes you get raided, but if you aren't being zeroed the loss should be easy to recover. The pain of being zeroed are the modules, if you keep those and the walker body it isn't that bad.

Yes at some point we all get raided, at some point we all lose stuff... that is kind of just part of a full loot survival game. Nobody is immune to it, nobody can always be the ones on top...

YourMom

Its not frustrating to play this game at all. I personally understand my tolerance for loss and do not surpass that threshold because i cant afford another monitor and if I sprain my hand I cant play.
Its a "sandbox" "PVP" "survival" "game".

Games are like puzzles.

I do not force the sandbox to conform to what I want it to be or want it to do. I adapt to the sandbox and figure out ways to survive in it successfully... ie not losing shit all the time.

but yall single player bitches need to find another game, because if ya aint playing this one then whyTF ya in here cryn so damn much!!

fo-real though!

TYME2DYE

I think you mistake constructive criticism for crying.. People are merely pointing out the obvious flaws to an otherwise awesome game but it seems the only people calling other crybabies, bitches and other unpleasantries are the ones who either do not care about the longevity of the game, are the ones exploiting (for lack of a better word) the overly one sided pvp system or are just that darn thick headed to see what everyone else is seeing.. Oh, and i forgot about the trolls.. what would a forum be without you trolls.

The reality is that is is extremely hard to balance pvp and pve in the same game, one side alway has an advantage. I do not mind the advantage leaning towards the pirate/pvper, after all this is meant to be a pvp centric game. The issue all of the "I want easy mode raiding" players fail to understand is that without a more balanced environment, where you raiders have to work harder for loot and the farmers actually have some ability to escape when fighting back is not an option, is that there will soon not be any farmers left for you to raid. All you will have is other pvp clans roaming the desert now looking for you. All you mid sized clans that enjoyed destroying the solo's, 5-10 man clans, the noobs, the farmers the PVE'ers are now the sheep being slaughtered by the wolves.. the big clans, super clans, the chinese scourge.

What are you going to do when you get kicked back to day 1 with a crappy axe and, a dinghy and all your stuff is gone.. who are you going to raid? You think you are going to take on a loaded Falco? a Buffalo? what a bout a stiletto? hmm, 5 guys geared up in iron cruising the desert and you are there on your dinghy with a bone sword and rupu fir? What about the 20 bored guys streaming on twitch looking for content for their fans.. guess what, you are the content now.. 30k+ player now down to 3.3K where did all the people go??? They left the toxicity of a game that favors the top 1% who have the top tier gear, the numbers and the drive to wipe out every ship they see.

What goes around comes around

Jeon

I was following this game for a long time, also was very hyped with my friends when the released it on steam. We buyed the same day and we played for 1 month everyday, 10 of us farming, buliding, and trying to escape zergs. Even that was fun. Game was super funny but after losing bases, walkers and things on daily basis we got bored because its repeating. Go around and farm, try to survive and loose everything to some clan that got bored playing and said lets go around to fuck small crew players just for fun.

It become so boring all of us stopped playing. Couple of days ago i started again in hope that something is changed and everything is the same. Now its even worse, zergs are everywhere because players are bored at this current point in game and become chaotic.

Why is frustrating playing this:

Its not about how good you are or how social you are. Dont say those thing like get good etc.. If you loose something you loose in a large amount. You need days even week to farm materials for base, walker and things. I CANT even have big walker just driving spider and dingy for months, i cant have a base. Its ok to attack you and destroy you this is how this game works, but doing that everyday is frustrating. I dont have a time to prepare and farm clay for weeks just to someone destroy base, stations, walker.... aaand here we go again. its really boring playing like that.

Playing Sea of Thieves is enjoyable even if you loose everything. I will return in year or two if game becomes better.
I have 600+ hours, never lost a dime. It's all about how you want to play in the environment the game offer. Started solo, experienced small groups, medium sized clan, then last month, when player base was collapsing I said "fuck it" and joined a mega clan, ready to lose everything from insiders, still managed to not lose a dime. In survival games you can either follow your own self-invented play style, which might be good or bad, adapt to the environment and successfully reach your own goals, or follow the meta and play like it was a non-hardcore game, super easy. Luckily for me I find the end game loop not boring, so for me it was a win win. I'm sad you guys didn't have the same luck.

WarCat

I don’t quite understand why you think that being a pirate is easy, but being a farmer is difficult. Once we caught a couple of people and tried to rob them, but ten minutes later their 20 friends arrived. And this is a normal situation to counter pirates. Call your farmer friends and everything will be okay.

Every time you are going to rob someone, there is a high chance that you yourself will be robbed and your walker will be burned.

This game has no PvE content and it is not clear what you want. Is it difficult for you to cut cattail? Or what is the difficulty? Why is it difficult for you, but easy for the pirates? I tell you, 95% of pirates spend more time and effort trying to rob someone to get a pig in a poke. You can fight for two hours for empty chests, or open the walker and understand that there is only garbage.

Farm is always easier. If you do not agree, then you simply did not try to be a pirate. But here all the pirates farm, sometimes.

The playstyle you are describing sounds like a bit of roleplay at being a pirate which is great. There are good players like this and if all pvpers had this mentality the game would play much better for all.

But..... most of the pvpers have a different mentality, all they want is to destroy, kill and in some cases grief. This type of behavior is more prevalent in large groups.

WarCat

These groups have been farming for a long time to get the best equipment and the best walkers. They are tired and pissed off. Now they are going to kill everyone because instead of playing in pleasure and alternating between farm and PvP, they have been doing boring shit for too long.

I completely agree with the idea of a significant increase in health for everything that can be built in the game, with a proportional decrease in the damage required to open. Maybe this will not stop the most aggressive players, but for some others it will make the complete destruction even more senseless than now. Let the walker have 60,000 hit points and only 15,000 damage to open it. Or 120,000 and 15,000, Instead of 30,000 and 15,000.

Last edited:
It's a full loot open world pvp game.

Looks like you want a no-full loot opt-in pvp game.

Clearly this game is not what you are looking for.