Write 3 things that stop you from playing the game.

ZtyX

1) I cannot compete because other clans are bigger, stronger and have more allies.

2) I cannot hide or feel safe anywhere. I am scared and stressed to login and put my base down or even play at this point. It feels not worth it to even try if I'll just lose again.

3) The game is only about pvp now. The people who are left playing are so bloodthirsty that all they want to do is look for pvp all the time.

If I restart my clan and build again, I will have to deal with people who expect regular pvp trips. And it's boring to me because PvP just wastes my stuff, makes a massive mess out of my prepared war walker, and I get very little in return. The chance to win is small because enemies can become very many very quickly and if u do win, you just feel like you dodged the bullet this time and you fear the next time you have to take this unnecessary risk.

The game was fun when we were competitive and people had hope and motivation. Now everybody is too scared to take their base out. That's how we lost a lot of members. People left because we kept getting attacked constantly. Even if we defended successfully, the pressure was so big that people just left and joined a bigger clan that had NAPs with everyone around or simply just quit.

The game is basically one massive loss right now. If I login, I will for sure lose. The odds are stacked against me and there are deep problems within the game where you cannot build or rebuild an empire just because they will always break you before you get big enough. And now people are not as motivated to play as before. What's the point? You cant even take your base out and do basic things to progress. If u get attacked. U can't win because of numbers. And nobody attacks the biggest clans. They're all friendly to each other while taking all proxies. This game sucks and you can't play it anymore. It's not fun to play when odds are stacked against you and you can't be competitive or progress. Nobody wants to play and feel he's always fighting against the wind uphill with the sun in his eyes. Better to just quit and hope everybody else quits too so u don't feel like such a failure and at least the death of the game will defeat your enemies and make them quit. Maybe it could be be interesting to try again when all the clans I hate have died.

Last edited:

SupIAmSUP

1. Nothing else to do other than pvp. I thought trading would be cool, but no significant trading happens yet.
2. Pvp is unbalanced and is kinda cheesy. Although they are starting to cut down on some of the cheese, with the balista fix and the repeater nerf. But grapple spam is a huge drain for me when the combat is supposed to be melee focused.

Those are about the only reasons I don't play too much on official servers anymore.

Dragging 5 walkers east

Would love to upgrade to bigger walkers but the time investment for a solo is to high so I have not gone past a dinghy.

There is nothing to do.... I cant put down roots for a time with the permanent building structures. no point in upgrading my walker because it will get zeroed at some point and nothing to farm because my hold is already full.

In rust (another full loot game) when I have finished building and putting up defences my thoughts turn to raiding, which as a solo is possible. No such fun to be had in this game. Solos are like rocking horse shit now days so I will bump into groups = die fast.

ZtyX

Cpt Custard , you are a prime candidate for clan life. However, small-medium clans have mostly died. So there's nothing for you to do. You could join a zerg and fight for them, but it is so demoralising and demotivating to join a clan where you're a nobody. Why bother? Might as well quit until the devs fix the problem.

Haxoonie

1.Having walkers zeroed then dragged around and camped just to spite you. This is soooo frustrating and needs a change. Once a clan breaks the hull damage to the walker should be stopped until it is repaired.

2. Racist trash talk by kids that don't even know the meaning of the words they sling at you, we need better in game moderation, even if these mods are hand selected by the devs and trusted. Speech like this should not be tolerated anywhere, for any reason.

3. Less and less tiles pushing us closer to zerg home tiles. If you miss one zergs tile you are bound to just land on another, and we all know how very friendly these zergs are....

Oh let me add another little 4th reason here, just to spice it up.

4. Being able to drag someones walker out of the safe area of the merchant. Whats the point of a timer if they so chose to pull your walker out an counter that timer to begin with? Etiher remove the timer and make this PVP or fix it so harpoons don't work in that zone at all until the timer has ended. Nothing like giving someone a false sense of safety, only to find out that the timer is for nothing.... If that timer actuallt worked it would give a player time to think about a solution or call for help, But its just a fake (You're safe here) timer right now.

Last edited:

BullzeyeGranny

1) the Clunky way we move walkers east. It takes me 4 hours to move 4 of my walkers east 2 jumps away, they are filled to the brim with water so water generation is not a problem for me. but the leave with walker/ respawn naked / spawn on a different oasis / run to the edge / get your next walker is pretty freaking time wasting. expecially on medium maps where youd spawn near the mountains in the desert and run for minutes to get to the edge.

2) no freedom of builds made by the grapple (bug in my eyes). why would you ever put anything into stam or mobility if all your mobility is negated by getting grappled? absolutely stupid mechanic in a game where if you are a solo youd be able to outmaneuver and beat opponents with being smart. now 5 oaks just grapple the shit out of you and you get glitched at some point not being able to grapple away or anything.

3) It got real tedious finding quality stuff. it was fun at first but with the stupid shake the rangefinder has it literally gives me a headache. maybe smooth that out a bit and bring in hand held binoculars but that you cant see that far or something. I dont know but the fun of getting better crafting stations and tools was a big fun factor for me but since i got q80 stations of everything (before the nibiran axe got fixed to q100) and the game got stale even being part of the 100player battles that lasted hours.

4) the tile capped servers, if you logged out in the tile and want to come back in to find it is being capped by a que of 50+ and you have to sit and wait for 2+ hours to literally just play. by then id literally start on a different map or have a farming walker on a different tile to go farm while the zergs fight it out.

5) I got more busy with IRL stuff since lockdown is being lifted etc.

V9toodevlish38

1. Community dead. Every tile feels like a ghost town.
2. Farming obsession. Everyone loves farming, but barely every doing anything with. Making amazing walkers to do nothing with it.
3. I love PvP, but wish it were more fair. Too many people jumping solos or small groups. So if you're looking for action your are left hunting for hours to find a fair fight or get ganked while searching.

I don't want to farm, I want to pirate. It's part of the game, but its impossible to do without being apart of a super large clan which I'm not interested in doing.

ZtyX

Well... if you abuse people long enough with non consensual pvp that breaks their game progress and enjoyment. This tends to happen. People quit. ... people love pvp. They just don't like it when they don't have a chance to win and when it's sprung upon them and making them lose a lot of stuff.

VWithnail

Well... if you abuse people long enough with non consensual pvp that breaks their game progress and enjoyment. This tends to happen. People quit. ... people love pvp. They just don't like it when they don't have a chance to win and when it's sprung upon them and making them lose a lot of stuff.
PVP isn't abuse. Abuse is abuse. Stop conflating doing what the game was designed for us to do with it with bullying - pvp =/= griefing or bullying or anything else. We gear up, fight, win or lose, re gear and go again. The game is built for that.

Literally everything you're posting suggests that full loot pvp games aren't for you anymore mate. I'm not saying that to troll you - you're literally saying "PVP is great, but not unless it happens exactly when I want it". Find an instanced arena game and you'll be happier.

PVP isn't abuse. Abuse is abuse. Stop conflating doing what the game was designed for us to do with it with bullying - pvp =/= griefing or bullying or anything else. We gear up, fight, win or lose, re gear and go again. The game is built for that.

Literally everything you're posting suggests that full loot pvp games aren't for you anymore mate. I'm not saying that to troll you - you're literally saying "PVP is great, but not unless it happens exactly when I want it". Find an instanced arena game and you'll be happier.
full loot pvp, with a aglomerate of players that lock your tile creating a private server for the guild, inst a full loot pvp.. it just unfair mechanics against small groups..

VWithnail

full loot pvp, with a aglomerate of players that lock your tile creating a private server for the guild, inst a full loot pvp.. it just unfair mechanics against small groups..
Indeed. If they come up with a way to stop servers having a capacity without the game being unplayable - I'd be all aboard. What does any of that have to do with the false equivalence of pvp - griefing ?

ZtyX

As I said before, I like pvp but we've crossed a line in LO. The conditions for an interesting game are gone. Too much outnbered fights and too much disruption. Too many people leaving and too many people scared to even play as they would lose more ships and bases that they now don't have energy to refarm as they are fed up . You can't do anything with these conditions. As I said. You're fighting an uphill battle with the sun in your eyes and your hands tied. It's masochism to keep playing. You are not playing the game either. So it isn't for you either. You are waiting for content. But your content is people to kill and there are too few now.

TYME2DYE

LO is a great game, it's a new fresh idea that brings something to the table that other games just do not... Being pre-alpha it is not with out issues but i am sure that can be worked out in time.

3 things that would stop me from playing are:

1. Zergs. yesterday i was literally rolled by china zerg, a clan mate was rolled last month by China and then again by a US group. The US group actually reached out to us because they had mistaken us for another griefing clan which was nice at least but, when it takes you weeks to farm mats for a nice ship and some group of ass clown thinks it funny to zero every ship they see, well that is just demoralizing... it's enough to make anyone frustrated with the game.

2. False sense of safety. Mollusc, not safe at all.. legged, winged and now you are stuck in a coffin. Like every ship the HP of the hull is a farce. 20k hp sounds like a lot but you only need 1/2 that in dmg to crack it open.. 10k to peal back and expose the juicy insides, 11 fire arrows at 850 dmg each... not hard to farm.. Armor upgrade just add to the false sense of security. DC need to change that.. either reduce the dmg on fire arrows or change hull strength by making upgrades more realistic, maybe showing HP and then a separate Armor Value that requires different type of weapon to peirce.. i mean fire arrows breaking a ceramic or iron upgrades?? come on..

2.5. Riding on the gripes of #2. Zeroing a ship. This should be a huge investment, people zero ships for fun, its too easy to do. Zeroing a ship should be a decision of whether it is worth the resources for the reward of total annihilation of an enemies walker... For a small clan just building the ship can be a feat in itself and to start over from zero... well.. "That sucks" just doesn't quite cover it

3. Non PVP area's. I understand that this is a game build around PVP, but the odds are NEVER in the favor of new players, solo's or small clans. Between huge clans, griefers, chinese zergs and even other small/mid sized clans that have plateaued all there is to do is hunt solo's and small groups. There is no place to build a ship or outfit it or build a base or even organize your mats w/o being attacked in the process. The only options is to have lookout while you work (which is boring AF for them) or fit your crafting stuff on your ship and craft while driving.. BUT, when you get harpooned and raided the fuckers not only steal your shit but break everything.. I had these Chinese fuckers literally destroy every item on my ship including a furnace that cannot be locked, you just open it and take the fuel.. but no, they had to completely destroy it.

Weeks worth of time and effort gone in 10 mins and you are back to 0... how many time will someone rebuild after that?? There is no point to have pride in something, there is no point to build anything that takes effort or a challenge to do because it will just get destroyed.

So you stop building expensive things, you stop farming for stuff that takes a lot of time and mats and then eventually you stop playing because there is nothing to do but ride all day on a dingy and collect frags to unlock shit you will never build.. boring...

4. Quality - just for a bonus. Quality is garbage, broken or what ever... great Q tools/weapons last longer so that when you get raided the items new owner can use it for a long long time.. Q ships give you extra module slots which mean absolute squat when your ship is zeroed because all that Q mats you farmed did nothing to increase the HP and protect your investment. Lets say the ship is not zeroed just hulled and you no loner have the resources to rebuild it because you have zero tools or crafting stations.. the tile burns in a day or so, so you conceded to let she ship burn but you cannot get any of your modules back so yet another total loss....

And that my friends is why solo 's and small clans will phase out, all that will be left are the huge clans and the unskilled zergs and after a while of those two groups clashing they will grow tired of trading kits all day and move on to another game leaving Donkey crew with their Donkey dicks in their hands wondering "Where did everyone go?", we have a new walker for you....

your issues are my issues, I have never built past a dingy... pointless for a solo. I would love to work along the upgrade tree and farm and upgrade walkers.

One easy fix that is cheap and would go some way to solve a lot of problems, make hulls invulnerable.

The die-hards hate this idea though because they can't send you back to zero. Incidentally this would also 'fix' the Mollusc, you could stay safe inside and the walker cage would actually have a purpose.

Last edited:

Gilmore2103

Agreed, 0ing a ship should cost more mats.
You run into someone with a Saw it costs them 0 mats to level your ship then a few arrows to break in to your storage.

Also agreed Q mats should give your ship more storage HP or something else other than just mod slots.
Or give armor more stats than just dura. It would make farming Q mats more useful and worth it.

Indeed. If they come up with a way to stop servers having a capacity without the game being unplayable - I'd be all aboard. What does any of that have to do with the false equivalence of pvp - griefing ?
stay in a hard map with 90% of it trying to hunt you down, and you cant call for reinforcements because the tile cap is full, and theres no other hard map for you to farm... so you stay with crappy tech and equipments while the griefes get full set.. look at how many servers exist in south america..

VWithnail

From everything written on here SA has a serious problem that the playerbase are directly responsible for. I can't remember if it was you, Hollow, or someone else explaining that the whole clan scene down there is dominated by everyone joining 1 of 2 streamers teams.

I don't know how the Devs can fix that. It hasn't happened in my region. I agree there should be a lot more servers though, and I suspect that it's a cost-saving exercise from the devs while they go through a predictable quiet period. They must have decided that the trade off for this point in testing is worth it.