Write 3 things that stop you from playing the game.

Weirdpete

imagine cutting down a tree and out of nowhere finding your axe break

you can see durability on items your using
Oh I'm very aware (though you can't for armor without checking it). Also don't get me wrong, I actually agree, wingsuits should have durability
I'm just talking about how funny it would be.
You also know it *would* happen at least ONCE to someone you know, or yourself.
Good times.

RexMundi

1. Wingsuits have zero disadvantages and all of the advantages. Landing on your head should kill you not allow you to grief a guy that can't get off the control sticks because you are blocking the dismount.

2. Griefers can pin a boat indefinitely on the edge of the map by just dinking random objects for minimal damage after breaking open your wings and lowering them (on a mollusk). Quite boring.

3. Despite this, have managed to help keep a small clan together and active while operating a privateer/merchanting/building style of play with nomad movement and keeping relations and actions within the game as opposed to off game communications. But, running into your typical PvP kid who will tell you directly the only purpose of the game is PvP and watching them erase hours of play time with speed hacks and a beat stick and infinite range grappling gets a tad old and tends to accelerate the desire to go play Rust or something with less Toxic players.

Carnifex

Devs that don't respond to bug complaints

getting zeroed all the time

Devs not responding to bugs that make game unplayable and lock you out for days at a time

DelBoy

1. Everything is just big loop, farm > fight/bulid > loose and again same thing, for small clans and solo this is ultra boring, for big clans and active players this is good.
2. Cant bulid good base so i can see what game can offer in fully, for full base you will need a days of farm just to someone grief you. Its same for walkers.
3. Tablet crafting, is so slow and time consuming.

Hell_March

Im still playing the game and will continue to play. However there are some valid points that I see and/or would like to expand upon that I think would help improve game play

1 Player stats. As it stands right now there isnt much reason to put points into any other stats other than health and attack. Stamina regen is so high there isnt much reason to put points into that. Not to mention the benefit of doing so is rather low. In combat you can still block and attack with little or no stamina and you can still grapple.
Mobility is also highly negated with the current grapple system. You cant run as you will just get grappled and slowed to a crawl. You character still accelerates rather slowly and if you turn to sharply you lose most of your speed.

2 Pack bases. Pack bases are simply a pain to deal with. A player has to be completely immobile and expose themselves in order to use them. If you pack your base away and happen to forget something you have to stop again unpack. Grab said item and then repack. This is a tedious process and annoying. Having a pack base completely rules out the possibility of running away and forces them into a situation of fight or die. My suggestion would be the give a 1% pack speed increase for every piece of a base up to 100% total. Bases over 150 pieces would get an extra 10% pack speed bonus for a total of 110%. And bases 200 and over could get and extra 15% bonus for a total 125% pack speed bonus. This would still give smalle pack bases a bonus but also make moderate to large pack bases less of a pain to deal with. We could also use some dedicated man-able bases defenses that negate gas effects and require certain criteria/limits to use them. Like you can only deploy X amount of them which could be relative to the size of a base and requires a base to be of a certain size in order to build them. As it stands right now there is very little in the way of defending your base other than rupu turrets with have very limited ammo and range.

3 zero-ing ships. I think this is the easiest problem to help remedy. A ship takes 50% less hull damage when unlocked. This wont stop zero-ing a ship as at times you will want to destroy hostile ship. But it would reduce the amount of unnecessary player griefing and make it more costly to do so.

awenjr

This Devs is PRO zerg there is No counter play!!
1. Sandstorm is Edge of Map is local effect they still can see you from outside.
2. Naked beat stick board your walker? Nope you cannot safe logout.
3. Manage to Run Edge of Map? 1 HIT you cannot logout.
4. Walker wings break and you cannot move on the EDGE of map? no worry zerg can help drag you with harpoon out of zone and loot you.
5. New Solo/Small Group try farm for progression? no worry zerg travel around even in edge just to zeroed you.

How you enjoy this game? join big clan and become their slave, yeah this game is encourage slavery. i hope i can get refund and buy other game.

Rain

The three things that stop me from playing:
1. Mom
2. Dad
3. Sunny days

:D Hell_March, I like your suggestions a lot.

Rain

In the suggestion/question thing the devs posted in discord accouncements today, i posted two questions and one suggestion:

1. Fix character name and creation. LO is the only game i can think of that you can't restart.
2. Fix loot going to the highest surface. People unpack an enemy base, break the boxes inside, and the loot spawns on the ROOF. So they can completely ignore your base defense. That seems really weird.

And then my suggestion for future content!
3. Have the oceans dried up? Have they frozen? Will we ever be able to travel frozen, sunless tiles in pitch darkness? Would warm clothing be necessary? Would the ice be slippery? Will there be water too deep to drive a small walker through (or any walker if deeper)? This would be a fantastic variation to an already amazing world.

Weirdpete

I was actually doing some reading on how the oceans would behave in a world that stops spinning for a novel.
The oceans, not being kept up by the spinning motions, would flow to the polar caps, creating two separated massive oceans, constantly battered by extreme storms.
That would be a cool idea.

Weirdpete

Lol, gimme some time and we'll see.
LO itself was the inspiration, so I do kinda want to make sure everything is kosher first.

1. Wingsuits have zero disadvantages and all of the advantages. Landing on your head should kill you not allow you to grief a guy that can't get off the control sticks because you are blocking the dismount.

2. Griefers can pin a boat indefinitely on the edge of the map by just dinking random objects for minimal damage after breaking open your wings and lowering them (on a mollusk). Quite boring.

3. Despite this, have managed to help keep a small clan together and active while operating a privateer/merchanting/building style of play with nomad movement and keeping relations and actions within the game as opposed to off game communications. But, running into your typical PvP kid who will tell you directly the only purpose of the game is PvP and watching them erase hours of play time with speed hacks and a beat stick and infinite range grappling gets a tad old and tends to accelerate the desire to go play Rust or something with less Toxic players.
repeaters could do aggravated damage on flying players with wingsuit.. like disable it for X seconds and let them plunge to the ground

@Weirdpete @Rain If you're able to read french, there's already someone who wrote a story inspired by this world setting.

In some french science for everyone magazine, there every years or so some "what if" scenarii.

One of them is "what if earth stop rotating on herself ?"

Here's a link to the french article : https://www.science-et-vie.com/ciel-et-espace/et-si-la-terre-s-arretait-de-tourner-51009

Basically, earth is not a perfect sphere, more an slightly crushed one, by the two poles. When the rotation stopped, all the water go to the pole, making some gigantic mountain in the equator line, up to 16 to 20km high from the new sea zero level. Two seas, one on north, one on south.

So, there's now 4 liveable zone, which move about 100km each days. The live-able zone is about 15 day worth of time.

There could be 4 independent, always separated and functionnal tribes : One for each liveable zone (north and south, sun and night running).

Here some image from the amateur website of an author (french) of a science fiction novel inspired by theses articles (Equatoria, by Franck Sanse) : http://www.francksanse.com/equatoria/resources/l-air-et-l-eau-refleunt-vers-les-poles.jpeg
http://www.francksanse.com/equatoria/resources/equatoria-2.jpg
http://www.francksanse.com/equatoria/resources/aube-crepuscule.jpeg

Seems that theses images comes from an older article from the same magazine, "for child" version.

The magazine article states that it should be possible to make exchange between sun and night running tribe of the same hemisphere : creating an underground facilities (more than 10m deep) with enough ressources to live 6month at last. The other tribe should appear at that time, and make some exchange (blood as making out, minerals, some out of soil crops...). These troglodites would be the more reliable way to get some iron or other minerals.

I've got the novels for amazon kindle ( https://www.amazon.fr/Equatoria-grandes-découvertes-Franck-Sanse/dp/1983310018 ) and read them (two books, a third on its way) during the quarantine, it's some basic utopia/dystopia teenage story. I personnaly like it a lot.

If you ever product something to read, i'm eager to take a look at it @Weirdpete . I LOVE reading, mostly fantasy or scifi :D

TYME2DYE

The toxicity of some people on here make it so you get tired of trying to discuss game issues. It's not that people like Maskov are not correct in some respects, it's just that his mentality is so one sided. I am not saying he is specifically the problem but that mentality is.

There is clearly a balance issues between the pirates and the farmers and until the DC addresses that the pirates will just keep saying "everything is great" cause it's easy to raid and the Farmers keep saying "Raiding us is too easy". Truth is that when you lose farmers you lose content for the pirates.. Pirates will hunt farmers into extinction and they will die out too... You cannot be a hunter if there are no prey otherwise you hunt yourselves, cannibalism?
This is what happens in IRL.

If you make hulling and zeroing harder or more costly to do it makes the Pirates have to work harder and they will complain, which is fine by me since i feel farmers out number pirates drastically. If you give farmers a mean to escape then they at least have a chance and pirate will have to work harder for free loot and it provides them with content, that being the chase and a strategy to prevent farmers from getting away. A balce bring years of life to the game, make it one sided and the game dies..

Weirdpete

I have actually read up on that, you get the two ocean split and a band on the equator that varies wildly in elevation.
What it doesn't mention is that due to convective air currents, on the equator you'd always have the wind traveling from the hot spot to the cold until the air temp cool and starts to shift toward the poles. This means that the oceanic poles would be dominated by incredibly vicious storms and hurricanes. Walkers themselves would probably only really work long term on one side, because on the other the wind is constantly working against the walker.

TYME2DYE

Scientist has discovered many exoplanets that are tidally locked with their host star. Those that have an atmosphere, typically called "Hot Jupiter's" have one side constantly scorched by the sun to several thousand degrees F, the back side sits in a chilly -300 F. The winds move from the hot side to the cold at thousands of miles per hour.. No walker or nomad would survive.

A planet like Mercury does have a temperate zone as in LO but since there is no atmosphere, there is no wind and no life.. Kind of an interesting lore to LO. Not scientifically feasible but nor are so many games.. I still love the dev's vision. They inherently worked out a way to cycle servers in and out of production to patches, repairs and maintenance w/o impacting the players environment. Other than Patches to the game all other maintenance can be done on a server "after the burn" and it also removes unwanted crafts and structures from the environment in the process.. genius!