Write 3 things that stop you from playing the game.

@TYME2DYE note that Earth is not tidally locked with the sun in LO lore : there is a day and night cycle, but year-long. Earth stopped spining on herself, but is not already tidally locked. That should be the ending stable configuration, but that could take some geological aeons to achieve.

Here, we could only guess from what we know :
  • The moon is destroyed and still orbiting earth
  • Sun has a somewhat fixed position in the sky when we're on a map
  • there's a moving eastward "zone of life"
  • there's still some big/evoluted fauna and flora
  • Mystic chamanism lore (tutorial) speak of Nibiru and some magic
So, my bets are that there was something happening, be it a global war or some stellar cataclysm. Nibiru is an evil babylonian entity, supposed to be the planet jupiter or some still unkown planet (planet X) or celestial body like a big meteor. I'll stick to some big meteor colliding with the moon, and whose fragments' impacts on earth slowed down the selfspining to a halt.

This meteor is iron based with some radiating/glowing unknown mineral which force some mutation on fauna and flora.
Trees should be mainly redwoods as they're estimated like best adapted big tree to year long day/nigh cycle.
I think Rupus are some sort of degenerate troglodite human or evolving troglodite apes (like chimps, think planet of the apes).

Weirdpete

The trick is, the planet in LO is not tidally locked, it's rotation has stopped, they are similar, but different.
In a tidally locked planet, the same area is scorched at all times, the temperate zone would be perpetually the same area, essentially the rotation of a tidally locked planet matches the length of it's orbit.
In LO, the planet does not have any rotation at all, causing the halves that are effected to crawl across the surface over the course of a year.
While implausible this scenario could happen if enough energy were dumped into a planet against it's rotation, like a satellite the size of a certain green moon impacting the planet against this rotation.
It's really neat stuff to look into.

TYME2DYE

Yes, according to the lore the earth is not actually tidally locked but, pretty darn close to it. I was merely using an example of exoplanets that are and the winds produced by the thermal differences. In the lore the earth spins at such a slow rate that it should exhibit similar ecology as a tidally locked planet.. Technically, tidally locked planets do spin, the rotation of the planet equals the orbit around the star.

Odin Avenger

The point do you still play the game? If yes just play and stfu and if no then stfu. Simple point and u still dont get it?
Another excellent human being and the wonderful stfu mentality. Just like the comment should stfu because it adds nothing to the conversation

Hollow Noslen

The trick is, the planet in LO is not tidally locked, it's rotation has stopped, they are similar, but different.
In a tidally locked planet, the same area is scorched at all times, the temperate zone would be perpetually the same area, essentially the rotation of a tidally locked planet matches the length of it's orbit.
In LO, the planet does not have any rotation at all, causing the halves that are effected to crawl across the surface over the course of a year.
While implausible this scenario could happen if enough energy were dumped into a planet against it's rotation, like a satellite the size of a certain green moon impacting the planet against this rotation.
It's really neat stuff to look into.
Also every Hour or so the moon passes by generating a eclipse cooling down things..

Weirdpete

Yes, according to the lore the earth is not actually tidally locked but, pretty darn close to it. I was merely using an example of exoplanets that are and the winds produced by the thermal differences. In the lore the earth spins at such a slow rate that it should exhibit similar ecology as a tidally locked planet.. Technically, tidally locked planets do spin, the rotation of the planet equals the orbit around the star.
You get it, but you'd surprised how often that nuance goes over some heads, need like a diagram sometimes to help get the point across.

wildbill

You get it, but you'd surprised how often that nuance goes over some heads, need like a diagram sometimes to help get the point across.
Why the heck do people keep hijacking threads to discuss stupid topics of whether the science in a game is accurate or not? :poop:

wildbill

Is the game not being scientifically correct keeping people from playing this game?

If not, why not discuss this in your own thread?

Weirdpete

Why the heck do people keep hijacking threads to discuss stupid topics of whether the science in a game is accurate or not? :poop:
Thread is 4 pages long at this point, who cares? The topic gets rehashed constantly anyways.
It's not about actual scientific accuracy, or any complaints about it either, more just discussing how the world works, and how to maybe make it more interesting.
Also, not your thread either, chill out.

wildbill

Thread is 4 pages long at this point, who cares? The topic gets rehashed constantly anyways.
It's not about actual scientific accuracy, or any complaints about it either, more just discussing how the world works, and how to maybe make it more interesting.
Also, not your thread either, chill out.
Well it was an interesting thread, something I was interested in, now it is just a waste of my time.

wildbill

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feel free to steer it back
Most of the topics in this forum are dead. Many like this one really aren't about the game. I guess there isn't just that much interest left in discussing Last Oasis. I think a lot of us are just waiting to see what it will become. I've stopped playing and just read these forums occasionally. I'll probably stop reading the forum soon too.

Cpt Custard

Most of the topics in this forum are dead. Many like this one really aren't about the game. I guess there isn't just that much interest left in discussing Last Oasis. I think a lot of us are just waiting to see what it will become. I've stopped playing and just read these forums occasionally. I'll probably stop reading the forum soon too.
Same here

Weirdpete

I've said my piece on the mechanics and ideas I'd love to see implemented, and the issues I've seem that like exploits or glitches.
Beyond that I am here to talk to people.

There's no point of just stating void things as "top 3 thing that i like" "top 3 thing that i dislike". More so if there's no more debate nor consensus from good argumented topics.

As there's no point to open many subject to repeat, as a single individual, the same thing over and over by just changing the way of saying it (list, advice, state of the game, etc). It's probably done in the hope that more people will agree and dev will do what some wants.

At least lore is an (for me : the most) interesting part of the game, that do not suffer from ingame players behaviors.

Killervoid

1. Bank ships make raiding less rewarding unless you catch someone off guard. Most people arent that dumb meaning unless you just like burning down ships you have little reason to fire arrow into anything.
2. PvP is fun at first but skill is overshadowed by numbers and tech gap. If the enemy has gunpods and iron weapons you better also or you'll loose.
3. Lots of things currently put into the game matter very little, some walkers are useless, bases can be ignored by building a bank ship, permanent ground structures like clay are a waste of time with the burn up. Proxys are too lofty for small clans to take and too insignificant for large clans.

There is no point in grinding for top teir gear if my group can't compete with a larger group.